DHS Diecast Discussion Forum
Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Members | Log In

Old Excavators - Photo Request Options · View
caucasianaasian
Posted: Thursday, November 06, 2008 2:50:34 AM

Groups: Member

Hey Guys,
I am planning to start doing some customs of older 1970's and 1980's excavators. If you have any pics and happen to have the time, could you possibly upload them for me, or email me. It would be much appreciated. I am planning on doing some older Komatsu, Kobelco, Kato, Sumitomo, Hitachi, CAT, Mitsubishi etc. I am particularly interested in machines around the size of a PC600 - PC1250 Komatsu but mid-range and smaller excavators are also good...sorry, I don't know much a bout the ton classes of excavators. I am after the larger excavators, not the mining versions. Any pics of the CAT E650 would be greatly appreciated.
Any help regarding links would also be greatly appreciated. Machinery trader is a place I have already looked. Applause
On the drawing board at the moment is:
Kobelco K series
Komatsu PC -1 series
Hitachi UH series
Kato Hy-Dig models
and CAT E and EL series
Cool
Cheers,
Craig

The Caucasianaasian

RowanH
Posted: Thursday, November 06, 2008 3:49:39 AM

Hi Craig, here are a couple images I had saved of the CAT E450 and E650...

QuAd was nice enough to share these two images of the E650 with me here on the forum a while back.

Interesting to note that on both of the E450 and E650 images, both machines were produced in the old CAT and new CAT logos.

Rowan.

1:25th scale CAT 375L excavator

caucasianaasian
Posted: Thursday, November 06, 2008 7:08:46 AM

Cheers Rowan, and thanks also to QuAD for originally posting them. I am really keen to do a CAT E650. Love the bulky look of that machine!
Cheers,
Craig

The Caucasianaasian

Done4075
Posted: Thursday, November 06, 2008 5:22:12 PM

How you want to do the models ? As a handmade sample for yourself, or Resin, or Diecast or, or, or and sell outside ????????

little more is always possible
CarlBrutanananadilewski
Posted: Thursday, November 06, 2008 5:40:10 PM

Hey Craig check out Machinerytrader.com I was just going through your list while looking on there and I think it should be pretty helpful.

-Josh
Cat345bl
Posted: Thursday, November 06, 2008 6:15:52 PM

heres some pics of a koering 1166 i have taken.I know its not by the companies you wanted but it is old and it is a pc 600 -1250 size

-Mike, Collecting 1/50th Construction Diecast Since 2003.
View My Collection Here, As of 03/29/24

caucasianaasian
Posted: Saturday, November 08, 2008 12:20:18 AM

Cheers Mike for the Koehring pics. Actually, a Koehring was another old excavator I want to build. Thanks for the replies guys and thanks for the email Maxime.
Cheers,
Craig

The Caucasianaasian

Brainstorm
Posted: Monday, December 08, 2008 6:47:07 PM

Hello.

I just join this site, and found this topic "Old Excavators - Photo Request" I may have some info here, though it may not be correct. In my subconsciouness I belive it was Brøyt (Broeyt) in Norway that made the first hydraulic operated excavators, at least in Europe. I will check out this further. Anyway, I resently did visit a collector of old Brøyt Excavators, and did find a fine, old excavator in his yard. Unfortunately I didn't make any photo's then, but I will get back with some ASAP.
This excavator was made in 1950, was pulled behind a tractor, and also powered by a shaft from the tractor. You must see this to understand it (so I must get some pictures ).Teeth

Best regards Kenneth - owner & webmaster of www.mobilcrane.com E-mail me HERE
More stuff:
Heavy Skidding - Wide Transport - Working High - Rescue from sea - From Russia with LOVE
Google - The Missing Link - P&H Omega S18 Barge - Demag AC 120, defect - Trip to Panama
The new European Highway - Lifting Calculator - AC 200 & Saipem 7000 - Lifting an old bridge
Heavy Lifting Service - Renovated: Demag TC 600 - My Documents & Certificates - The Boat-Lift