DHS Diecast Discussion Forum
Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Members | Log In

"American Loggers" coming next week for another season. Options · View
TimT
Posted: Tuesday, February 09, 2010 4:21:12 PM
Groups: Member , Moderator

"American Loggers" the show about Pelletier Bros Inc,massive operations in Maine's great north woods will be airing all day on Fri the 18th of Feb. As far as I am concerned it is the best logging show on TV... They run the "Golden Road" a tough private owned logging road from Millinocket Maine to the Canadian Border.Loads can be as much as 200 tons plus for doubles and 120 ton for single trailers with 12-16 foot wide bunks. This year Pelletier bought at least two new Mack Titans with 610 hp to add to the large fleet of Western Stars and Mack RD's&DM's. I know a lot of us here enjoyed the show and now its coming back. I don't know if Discovery has updated the shows web page or not yet, but all the previous episodes will air during the afternoon and then at 10PM eastern time a new episode will air called "The Tough Get Going".... here is a picture of one of Pelletiers new Titans...

GraniteFan713
Posted: Tuesday, February 09, 2010 4:51:38 PM

Groups: Member

I can't wait! Its good to see Titans working for a change, rather than sitting on dealer lots...

-Dave

Greasemonkey
Posted: Tuesday, February 09, 2010 6:25:07 PM

It's a good show, but I have to laugh at how they always seem to be 3 to 4 minutes from going broke(yes, I know that's exaggerated). Really, if it's that bad, you need to find a new line of work.

Brian
DPD1
Posted: Tuesday, February 09, 2010 7:47:33 PM

You'd be amazed at how many companies truly are one payday away from being bankrupt. It's a sad state of affairs. The problem isn't so much the bad times, but the fact that the good times aren't nearly as profitable as they use to be. During good times you use to be able to make plenty enough to pay bills and also put away money and invest. Now that doesn't happen anymore. Most of the successful companies are quite large, and often times bolstered by parent companies.

Dave
DREWSKEEZ
Posted: Tuesday, February 09, 2010 8:33:05 PM

Have you been up there Tim? They're supposed to be opening a show themed restraunt sometime. It been another intresting winter weather wise. We had one thaw that messed up the roads, it got pretty warm up there too.

It's my favorite logging show, but Swamp Loggers is pretty close. They both seem like good people to work for.
Cat345bl
Posted: Tuesday, February 09, 2010 8:43:43 PM

Nice, can't wait, I like american loggers, better than ax-men. The titian looks nice also.

-Mike, Collecting Construction Diecast Since 2003.
View My Collection Here, As of 02/24/14

My UHD Owners Thread Updated 03/20/14

SDBOB
Posted: Tuesday, February 09, 2010 8:54:40 PM

Thats my favorite also.Swamp Loggers almost seems like a put on. What DpD said went for us I deceided to get another job after many years(30) of helping my father in construction.I miss the building.The good times didn't offset the slow times.I even tried classes on better selling techniques and from SCORE.The guy there was beyond belief we had an appointment that he shortened because he forgot about a luncheon. Then he told me to work faster! HUh? You need skill,connections, money,and work longg hours. My belief the connections will pay the biggest dividends but you owe someone.I've seen a local 1 guy excavator go from junk equipment in 20 yrs to a large co. with a quarry(2000-3000ton/day),2 crew pipeline co.,a concrete co.(30Kyds+/yr) plus backup small co's.You can work hard but in 20 yrs,I don't believe it-connections steering you. Sorry for the vent as I get upset because i wanted to succeed.
Jimi
Posted: Tuesday, February 09, 2010 9:20:29 PM

Isn't that when Swamp Loggers is usually on? Does this mean that show's got a shorter season on Discovery than others? That'd be too bad cause I like swamp loggers, though it will let me refresh my memory on American Loggers, so I guess it's not all bad:-D

(I think Friday is the 19th isn't it?)Whistle

regards,
Jim

"Once again, concussion by safety" -Mike Rowe
DPD1
Posted: Tuesday, February 09, 2010 9:45:01 PM

I think that's different channels, isn't it? I don't know, I get them all confused. The swamp guys are cool, because you can tell that guy is just getting hung out to dry half the time, but he keeps his cool. Lots of the people on these shows act like a bunch of babies with their tantrums. That's one of the reasons I got out of construction. I always thought it was sad that I was 19, 20 years old, and the guys I worked for acted more immature than I did.

Dave
PileDriving
Posted: Tuesday, February 09, 2010 9:53:26 PM

The logging things is being over played. Its a neat and deadly job, but how many different shows can you have of it. Not bashing it or the shows.....just my 2 cents....

Justin

I won't bow to something that I've never seen
Can't believe in something that doesn't believe in me
I'm not blood of your blood
I am no son of your god
I've no faith in your fate
Still I find salvation!

DeWoc19
Posted: Tuesday, February 09, 2010 9:58:30 PM

yeah i stopped watching Ax Men after season 1
Claus
Posted: Wednesday, February 10, 2010 2:10:45 AM

I like American Loggers, but Swamp Loggers is another good show that isn't all about the drama.