DHS Diecast Discussion Forum
Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Members | Log In

Bigge 125D super crane Options · View
cranedude07
Posted: Sunday, November 21, 2010 12:10:52 AM

Groups: Member

Just learned about this new beast!!

The lifting capacities of the Bigge Heavy Lift machines are unmatched. The design currently in production, the Bigge125D, offers a maximum lifting capacity of 4,000 tons with a load moment of 125,000 Tem. A larger design is also in production and exceeds the lift and load moment capacity of the 125D. These machines allow for the handling of loads in excess of 1,000 tons at radii far exceeding the largest cranes traditionally used for heavy lift operations.

In addition to the tremendous lifting capacity of the Bigge machines, they also offer low ground bearing pressure, configuration flexibility, and incorporation of high performance lift and slew speeds for maximum production capabilities. Significant safety features include redundant braking and leveling systems and enhanced structural robustness for operation in high wind speed conditions. Load positioning is aided by GPS tracking systems and all lifting operations are performed by a single operator.

Anybody else know of this?

heres the link

Brandon

my youtube channel
My Facebook Page
CraneBrain
Posted: Sunday, November 21, 2010 12:16:16 AM

cranedude07 wrote:
Just learned about this new beast!!

The lifting capacities of the Bigge Heavy Lift machines are unmatched. The design currently in production, the Bigge125D, offers a maximum lifting capacity of 4,000 tons with a load moment of 125,000 Tem. A larger design is also in production and exceeds the lift and load moment capacity of the 125D. These machines allow for the handling of loads in excess of 1,000 tons at radii far exceeding the largest cranes traditionally used for heavy lift operations.

In addition to the tremendous lifting capacity of the Bigge machines, they also offer low ground bearing pressure, configuration flexibility, and incorporation of high performance lift and slew speeds for maximum production capabilities. Significant safety features include redundant braking and leveling systems and enhanced structural robustness for operation in high wind speed conditions. Load positioning is aided by GPS tracking systems and all lifting operations are performed by a single operator.

Anybody else know of this?

heres the link

kind of old news buddy... There have been a couple topics posted about this with info on them.

A beast yes ;) just wait till you see the first photos of it! Nothing like it in america or the world!
cranedude07
Posted: Sunday, November 21, 2010 12:20:30 AM

I was thinking I heard about something like it but couldn't remember, still excited to hear about it, can't wait to see pics of it

Brandon

my youtube channel
My Facebook Page
DeWoc19
Posted: Sunday, November 21, 2010 12:38:53 AM

Sarens SGC 120 crane is 3200t and 120.000 tm..... less crane with the same amount of tm

im looking forward to seeing pictures of the Bigge unit.... and a bigger one is planned too, thats insane....

Bry, get us some pictures man, you work for Bigge. what the hell!?
cranedude07
Posted: Sunday, November 21, 2010 12:41:54 AM

Haha, I just can't believe bigger and stronger cranes keep coming out, can't imagine what will be available in 10-20 years

Brandon

my youtube channel
My Facebook Page
CraneBrain
Posted: Sunday, November 21, 2010 12:57:13 AM

DeWoc19 wrote:
Sarens SGC 120 crane is 3200t and 120.000 tm..... less crane with the same amount of tm

im looking forward to seeing pictures of the Bigge unit.... and a bigger one is planned too, thats insane....

Bry, get us some pictures man, you work for Bigge. what the hell!?

Whistle Whistle Whistle Whistle
cranedude07
Posted: Sunday, November 21, 2010 1:13:33 AM

Thanks for the pics manWinkAni

Brandon

my youtube channel
My Facebook Page
Emiel
Posted: Sunday, November 21, 2010 2:17:03 PM

Where's the counterweight??? Teeth

www.emielschoonen.nl

Greed isn't going anywhere. They should put that up on a billboard across Times Square!
jdofmemi
Posted: Sunday, November 21, 2010 10:01:59 PM

Looks like it is anchored to a large concrete piling set in the ground.

Definitely not mobile

Jerry
DContractor
Posted: Sunday, November 21, 2010 11:12:14 PM

jdofmemi wrote:
Looks like it is anchored to a large concrete piling set in the ground.

Definitely not mobile

A rig this large, in nearly all case scenarios would need to be anchored in some way to the earth.
DeWoc19
Posted: Sunday, November 21, 2010 11:37:27 PM

the Sarens SGC 120 crane doesnt appear to need to be anchored to the ground.... i would think this Bigge crane would need to have some sort of counterweights
A I Nikolis
Posted: Monday, November 22, 2010 2:22:42 PM

I find it's extremely rare and weird to anchor it to the ground instead of simply putting some counterweight on it.

"Hey, I got a tree root in my garden, come rig the crane here!!"Whistle Whistle

//Alexander
stegro84
Posted: Monday, November 22, 2010 4:15:06 PM

Hmmm..... if there was ever
a model of this crane I wonder
if you would have bolt it to the
shelf/floor to anchor itThink Think Whistle Whistle
DContractor
Posted: Monday, November 22, 2010 6:37:45 PM

In the illustrations above, it certainly appears to be mounted to a yoke centered in the slew radius. Interesting...The counterweight trays may have simply been left out by the artist for some reason.
A I Nikolis
Posted: Monday, November 22, 2010 6:53:15 PM

DContractor wrote:
In the illustrations above, it certainly appears to be mounted to a yoke centered in the slew radius. Interesting...The counterweight trays may have simply been left out by the artist for some reason.

But that doesn't make senseThink Or they have just made a temporary thing in the CAD pictures to attach the superlift to, and maybe there will be some kind of counterweight in the centre of the ring, but which is left out in the CAD pictures. Because when I think about it, making a huge, deep concrete foundation in the ground just for a crane to make some heavy lifts makes even less sense...

//Alexander
rollinlowford
Posted: Monday, November 22, 2010 10:56:46 PM

that set up would work well in a long term facility to build and then to maintain it... but wouldnt be practical to install just for a few lifts unless they could incorperate the anchoring system in the plant at some point.
JohnGalt
Posted: Monday, November 22, 2010 11:38:14 PM

DContractor wrote:

The artist left out a lot of things on the crawler with the luffer to the right.
ben94f150
Posted: Friday, December 17, 2010 12:47:02 PM

cant wait to see it once its all completed
richie51
Posted: Friday, December 17, 2010 3:27:55 PM

perhaps they are working along the lines of a tower crane base,a large volume of concreet below ground to anchor off. when the jobs done just cut it off and your done. maybe there thinking it would be cheaper to pour a anchor slab than truck in a load of ballast then truck it out when there done.
it would free up a lot of space where the ballast would normally beThink
ConstructionSite
Posted: Friday, December 17, 2010 4:24:31 PM

Ever been to Jenkinsville, South Carolina? Could (possibly) be worth a visit in the approaching future. I am curious to see how well this anchor point idea works in actuality.

- Chris Smile