DHS Diecast Discussion Forum
Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Members | Log In

CAT Cleared to acquire Bucyrus Options · View
Kevin Bridle
Posted: Wednesday, June 01, 2011 11:35:30 AM
Groups: Member

Gents,
See the Feds have decided that there is no regulatory issues over CAT's buy out of Bucyrus International, soon the whole world will be baby Sh1t Yellow, wonder if that will be a culture clash, building walking draglines is akin to ship building at times rather than automotive assembly like a lot of CAT products.

Kevin
Greasemonkey
Posted: Wednesday, June 01, 2011 12:18:15 PM

I don't see this as a bad thing Kevin. It might just save the old O&K line from being turned into garbage, and make some improvements to BIs lineup as well.

Brian
Kevin Bridle
Posted: Wednesday, June 01, 2011 12:44:48 PM

I know its the way of big business to build up these huge monoliths Brian but I like to see some diversity, I would think there is very little that CAT can buy now without falling foul of some anti trust laws, I am glad that O&K will be welcomed into the fold, the Germans will teach them how to make decent Hydraulic shovels at least. Wonder what they will get rid of when the smoke clears, trucks I would think but yellow RH 200's doesn't bear thinking about!

regards
Kevin.
Greasemonkey
Posted: Wednesday, June 01, 2011 2:07:08 PM

I dunno Kevin, I think I'd rather see yellow RHs, rather than the disgusting purple and white they have on them now. You are right though, I don't think Cat will be able to buy much more without running afoul of the regulatory agencies. With any luck, they can use their support network to a real advantage here.

I think the next big thing we will see will be a buyout of P&H, or possibly Joy as a whole. The big question there is, what colour will they be? I can see three real possibilities, two of which, I think would work fine. The third....not so much.

Brian
leo-cat
Posted: Wednesday, June 01, 2011 4:29:06 PM

Brain,

1. Komatsu (YES)
2. Hitachi (Yes)
3. Liebherr (not so much) ???

I´m really looking forward to see what kind of design the RHs will have. I just hope Cat will keep the development of the RHs here in Germany.

Leo
Greasemonkey
Posted: Wednesday, June 01, 2011 5:29:12 PM

Leo,

Hitachi, yes
Komatsu, NO!!!!!!
and the third I am going to keep quiet on for now, but it's not Liebherr.

Brian
Mark Bridle
Posted: Wednesday, June 01, 2011 7:54:14 PM

Brian I wonder if John Deere could be intersted? Years ago they were going to step up and make big machines but a recession prevented them. Or perhaps one of the Russian or far east companies would take a punt, perhaps China, loads of cash about and P & H are selling shovels to the chinese like hot cakes. Good topic though.

Mark
RowanH
Posted: Thursday, June 02, 2011 5:18:35 AM

Great discussion.

Greasemonkey wrote:
I dunno Kevin, I think I'd rather see yellow RHs, rather than the disgusting purple and white they have on them now.

From a merely visual perspective, I can't recall who did this rendering originally but it was done a numbers of years before the merger was announced. A proposed CAT version of the RH340.

Rowan.

1:25th scale CAT 375L excavator

mayrklaus
Posted: Thursday, June 02, 2011 8:29:24 AM

hello

you have forgotten Belaz with the trucks and Taiyuan Heavy Industry with the big mining robe shovels from china. there are also some companies who produce trucks in china like ttm , xcmg and so on.

best regards
klaus
leo-cat
Posted: Thursday, June 02, 2011 9:14:45 AM

RowanH wrote:
Great discussion.

Greasemonkey wrote:
I dunno Kevin, I think I'd rather see yellow RHs, rather than the disgusting purple and white they have on them now.

From a merely visual perspective, I can't recall who did this rendering originally but it was done a numbers of years before the merger was announced. A proposed CAT version of the RH340.

Rowan.

I did that one Cool
It´s actually a redesigned RH200. Going by weight the RH340 would have been a 5550B Smile

Leo