DIGGNRIGGS
Posted: Wednesday, August 03, 2011 12:56:00 AM
Groups: Member

Here is a VCON Dumper,,,1 of 25

Not sure if anyone has seen on of these before..I think this is my favorite

FiatAllisHD41
Posted: Wednesday, August 03, 2011 2:22:52 AM

This reminds me of the Kress coal carrier. I wonder if they {Kress} bought the manufacturing rights from this company ? Really rare and neat model indeed,congrats on owning one of these fine models.

“A tiger doesn't lose sleep over the opinion of sheep.” ― Shahir Zag

" An educated mind learns from his mistakes and corrects them. A dolt, on the other hand, lashes out and continues showing his ignorance."
-Unknown

“Two possibilities exist: either we are alone in the Universe or we are not. Both are equally terrifying.”― Arthur C. Clarke

"Anti-social behavior is a trait of intelligence in a world full of conformists" - Nikola Tesla

" If you think it's expensive to hire a professional to do the job, wait until you hire an amateur ". Paul Neal "Red" Adair {Wild Well Firefighter for those who live under rocks}

Greasemonkey
Posted: Wednesday, August 03, 2011 2:39:24 AM

What I wouldn't give for one of those beauties!

FiatAllisHD41 wrote:

This reminds me of the Kress coal carrier. I wonder if they {Kress} bought the manufacturing rights from this company ? Really rare and neat model indeed,congrats on owning one of these fine models.

The Kress and the VCON trucks are actually very different machines. Kress has nothing to do with the VCON truck, in fact, VCON was owned by Marion at one point.

I can definitely see where you got that idea from though. The front axle arrangement does look very similar, as does the whole front of the truck.
FiatAllisHD41
Posted: Wednesday, August 03, 2011 3:09:14 AM

Greasemonkey wrote:

FiatAllisHD41 wrote:

The Kress and the VCON trucks are actually very different machines. Kress has nothing to do with the VCON truck, in fact, VCON was owned by Marion at one point.

I can definitely see where you got that idea from though. The front axle arrangement does look very similar, as does the whole front of the truck.

When I do go the sleep that won't be driving me nuts. Thank you for the info. Wonder why it never caught on ?
Did any of these trucks get themselves sold ? Are there any left in the world ?

Heck of a truck to say the least. Would have looked quite nice with VCON wheel dozer beside it.

Rambling on, in the wee hours of the morning...

" An educated mind learns from his mistakes and corrects them. A dolt, on the other hand, lashes out and continues showing his ignorance."
-Unknown

“Two possibilities exist: either we are alone in the Universe or we are not. Both are equally terrifying.”― Arthur C. Clarke

"Anti-social behavior is a trait of intelligence in a world full of conformists" - Nikola Tesla

" If you think it's expensive to hire a professional to do the job, wait until you hire an amateur ". Paul Neal "Red" Adair {Wild Well Firefighter for those who live under rocks}

DIGGNRIGGS
Posted: Wednesday, August 03, 2011 3:38:34 AM

Greasemonkey wrote:

FiatAllisHD41 wrote:

Greasemonkey,, do you happen to have any pics of the real machine,,i have been trying to find some but with no luck...I would like to post a real machine picture with this one for my display..
FiatAllisHD41
Posted: Wednesday, August 03, 2011 4:07:13 AM

Found a B&W photo of her,hopefully more to follow...standby.

http://i315.photobucket.com/albums/ll460/dragonriversteel/1971_vcon_3006_peerless_800.jpg[/IMG]]

-Unknown

leo-cat
Posted: Wednesday, August 03, 2011 4:33:13 AM

Very nice model!
What I always liked about those very limited models (Black Rat, OHS, ....) is that the tire tread seems to be perfect every single time.

Leo
footloose52
Posted: Wednesday, August 03, 2011 5:39:01 AM

Great model DIGGNRIGGS, and I like the real Black & White photo to compare it with.. Thanks for sharing

Regards from down under
Peter
RowanH
Posted: Wednesday, August 03, 2011 8:56:13 AM

Those are the best photos of one of these I've seen so far. Thanks for the detailed pictures. Sure is an impressive piece.

Rowan.

1:25th scale CAT 375L excavator

Remko
Posted: Wednesday, August 03, 2011 2:17:05 PM

Oh man, I have only once seen this model in real life, and would very much like to add it to my collection, too bad it's beyond my current paycheck.

Remko

Ocean Traders Scale Models Facebook Group