DHS Diecast Discussion Forum
Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Members | Log In

Package Day!!! Options · View
EX8000
Posted: Monday, April 21, 2014 7:01:19 PM

Groups: Member

Been wanting the 24M grader for a very long time now. The Sandvik drill was an impulse buy(so the Atlas Copco drill wouldn't feel lonely on the shelfWink). It's a really nice model from BYMO. I think the metal tracks are made from brass by the looks of it.

"It's O-gauge or no gauge..."
a Cutter
Posted: Tuesday, April 22, 2014 9:41:52 PM

Not a bad haul in one delivery!
MartinW
Posted: Wednesday, April 23, 2014 4:42:17 AM

Love the 2 drill rigs, a couple of models I would like. If you get bored of them feel free to send them over Teeth

Great pics, thanks for sharing. Cool

New UK based Scale construction forum.

www.scaleplantandconstruction.co.uk
max
Posted: Friday, April 25, 2014 12:48:49 AM

EX8000,
Is it just my impression or you are a big fan of Michigan loaders??
As basic and "undetailled" the L320 can be, as much i still like that model....
Nice package day you got there......

Cat 245.....Now and Forever

I am looking for industrial auction brochures from Ritchie Bros, Miller & Miller, Forke Bros, First Team Auction, Max Rouse, etc from the 70's, 80's and 90's.I am a collector and heavy equipment enthusiast and these pamphlets are loaded with nice pictures of cleaned and freshly painted equipment.Thet don't have much value once the sale is over but they are a great help to me in preserving the memory of machines that are no longer being built.Please, help my hobby by looking in your old storage boxes and file folders for these old auction sale brochures.Your help is much appreciated.
max
Posted: Friday, April 25, 2014 12:49:22 AM

EX8000,
Good for you.
Max.

I am looking for industrial auction brochures from Ritchie Bros, Miller & Miller, Forke Bros, First Team Auction, Max Rouse, etc from the 70's, 80's and 90's.I am a collector and heavy equipment enthusiast and these pamphlets are loaded with nice pictures of cleaned and freshly painted equipment.Thet don't have much value once the sale is over but they are a great help to me in preserving the memory of machines that are no longer being built.Please, help my hobby by looking in your old storage boxes and file folders for these old auction sale brochures.Your help is much appreciated.
EX8000
Posted: Friday, April 25, 2014 1:11:42 AM

max wrote:
EX8000,
Good for you.
Max.

As a matter of fact I am a fan of Clark-Michigan loaders. Wish they were still being made. To be honest I really like the older loaders from the mid 70s to early 90s. Companies don't make equipment like they used to anymore. Besides that It's a company that has a great history behind it. Caterpillar makes great loaders too, but Clark-Michigan kind of set the benchmark for wheel loaders. As for the model of the L-320, it may be low detail but one of these days i'll probably get rid of those ghastly handrails! It's still a nice model regardless.Teeth

terex90c
Posted: Friday, April 25, 2014 1:28:09 AM

Michigan is still being made, not sure what country but google 45c and 55c and they will come up.

http://www.hanomagpatagonia.com.ar/productos/marca/14

I guess they like them in Argentina. It is a full line including a D6H knock-off and track-hoes too
EX8000
Posted: Friday, April 25, 2014 1:45:56 AM

terex90c wrote:
Michigan is still being made, not sure what country but google 45c and 55c and they will come up.

I guess they like them in Argentina. It is a full line including a D6H knock-off and track-hoes too

Well don't I feel stupid.Silenced pretty interesting. Had no idea they were being produced down there. The more you know...
Thanks for sharing.Smile

Weserhutte
Posted: Tuesday, April 29, 2014 9:42:22 PM

terex90c wrote:

It seems that Argentina has no problem using names and logos from the past without permission. In addition to Michigan, there are others such as Hydromac, Hanomag, etc.. Volvo still owns the Michigan brand and Terex still owns the Hanomag brand. My personal opinion is that it is probably cost prohibitive to take legal action against them vs. the profits in the few machines sold. I would also suspect that a personal inspection of any of these machines would result learning that they were made in China, or possibly assembled in Argentina from components from China.
max
Posted: Wednesday, April 30, 2014 12:00:11 AM

terex90c wrote:

These 45C and 55C are'nt even close to what i am used to see in a Michigan loader!!!!!Not even the 35C-45C and 55C from the mid 80's.....
I thaught only Chinese had the right to label any piece of junk with any brand name sticker in order to make it look like what it is'nt!!!!!
Max.