DHS Diecast Discussion Forum
Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Members | Log In

*****ADMIN****** Options · View
Rocky100370
Posted: Monday, April 21, 2014 6:28:32 PM
Groups: Member

Why is it when someone is looking for a model you delete the post? I have not only been a customer of yours but a member for some time now. You don't have the model I am looking for and there shouldn't be anything wrong with other members helping each other out.
admin
Posted: Monday, April 21, 2014 8:24:03 PM
Groups: Administration

Hello Rocky,

I disagree with you here.

As you probably have noticed, DHS removed the DHS Classifieds when our new website went live. Unfortunately, the original classifieds concept was being abused by some members and so we felt like we had to take it away instead of policing it daily. So now some members are posting their wants and what they have for sale in the forum pages... this is basically the same concept and we don't want the same trouble to start here.

These forums have been in place for about 15 years and we have never allowed members to post what they are looking for and/or what they have for sale. We would like to continue that tradition as it is the only fair way to proceed. There are many other wonderful topics which have been discussed here - and will continue to be discussed here for the greater good and promotion of our hobby!

We do sometimes post something that is happening at DHS in regards to selling items because we host the forum and reserve the right to do so. We are not trying to create or host a general marketplace with our forums and we normally do not like to see posts specifically sending people to our competition - as we would like to stay in business and continue hosting this forum.

So we will delete any references to specific buying and selling as we see fit. We apologize if this offends anyone - but that is the way it is...

Just FYI - we ARE looking into some other methods and ideas to assist members, but we have not found anything yet. Please be patient on that front.

Thanks!

Chuck
QuAD
Posted: Monday, April 21, 2014 8:55:08 PM

A good and honest answer Chuck
evdew
Posted: Monday, April 21, 2014 9:05:05 PM

I have to say i do understand why you have had to do what you have done, and i really agree with not letting these posts in general topics as it would just clog everything up and be annoying. I would love to see some alternative to the classifieds to help find the rare models and hope you find something that can work for everyone. its too bad some people have to ruin things like this for all the people who use it as intended.
Rocky100370
Posted: Monday, April 21, 2014 10:06:44 PM

Totally understand Chuck. I thought it was deleted because it would be considered " taking business" away. Sorry if I came across rude. Btw have any idea where I can find one? Wink
DafgekCanada
Posted: Monday, April 21, 2014 10:24:31 PM

Chuck,

I think need to look in the lounge under the topic of FORUM IDEAS. Because all I am going to say this forum need need to be cleaned up!!!!!!!!!!!=>:-<

Mammoet- Size does Matter.

Dafgek
Lotsacrane
Posted: Monday, April 21, 2014 11:20:56 PM

That's actually a tough position to be in.
Yes you want to promote the hobby
without becoming a front for a few.

A simple E-Bay alert thread or sticky.

Lots of times its used to show of the outlandish , other times its that one off , that one member remembered another member looking for.

Its been handy.
But it has to be a E-bay link ...

Q-Ball a wolf in Jesus skin ---the sorcerer of reasonable commentary

I smile & wave

Sometimes I think life is just a rodeo,
The trick is to ride and make it to the bell.

SDBOB
Posted: Tuesday, April 22, 2014 2:40:13 PM

Thanks Chuck for this forum. Agree with your decision. Now wish I could do that at home?!Think I know I'll put my foot down in my castle. BobSmile
dilogdp
Posted: Tuesday, April 22, 2014 4:25:42 PM

Perhaps a forum where things that are no longer available could be listed, e.g. Sword 4 axle lowboys, although monitoring it could be an issue.
GC1
Posted: Tuesday, April 22, 2014 9:57:01 PM

Nice one SDBOB…I agree wholeheartedly….some just don't get it. I won't even get started on the bad manners, disrespect, abuse of the forum etc.

You had better lock this thread now Chuck…..some think you don't own it and they can do what they wish.
Crazy797
Posted: Wednesday, April 23, 2014 10:38:19 AM

Totally agree..

Pat
admin
Posted: Wednesday, April 23, 2014 11:08:44 AM
Groups: Administration

Hello guys,

I appreciate the understanding. We are doing our best to provide a great place to share here and we want to keep it that way!

Keep the posts coming! I really enjoy reading!

Chuck
kokosing Const Co
Posted: Wednesday, April 23, 2014 12:23:51 PM

Hey Chuck,

I really enjoyed the selling in the classifieds to other collectors. Never had an issue with any dealings. It was always easier to sell there over a hassle on eBay. It's just a shame that too many people abused them.

Here's to hoping you can figure something out and bring them back!
Barkerjoh
Posted: Wednesday, April 23, 2014 12:51:44 PM

Any updates on the open house on a positive note.