DHS Diecast Discussion Forum
Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Members | Log In

NEW ANNOUNCEMENT: CAT 621K & 627K Scraper Models by Tonkin Replicas Options · View
Basketball Man
Posted: Saturday, July 19, 2014 10:42:19 PM

Groups: Member

Yeah scrapers! Can't wait to see them at the open house.

-Ethan
Collection 8/2/2016
For more of the Diorama and my collection: On Facebook or On YouTube
RMS Models
Posted: Saturday, July 19, 2014 10:56:20 PM

tomcat1191,

See retraction below.

Randy M. Smolenack
RMSmodels@aol.com
randy.m.smolenack.civ@mail.mil
Patrick C
Posted: Sunday, July 20, 2014 12:10:13 AM

[quote=RMS Models]tomcat1191,

Perhaps you have not heard from Tonkin regarding the Bucyrus 2750 dragline because they did not produce this particular model. TWH produced the Bucyrus 2750 dragline and since they are out of business I doubt you will hear from them.

Randy,
I believe tomcat is referring to the Kobelco CK2750 crawler crane. TWH did not make the 2750 dragline, but rather the Bucyrus 8750 dragline!

Patrick
tomcat1191
Posted: Sunday, July 20, 2014 12:18:47 AM

Patrick C wrote:
[quote=RMS Models]tomcat1191,

Perhaps you have not heard from Tonkin regarding the Bucyrus 2750 dragline because they did not produce this particular model. TWH produced the Bucyrus 2750 dragline and since they are out of business I doubt you will hear from them.

Randy,
I believe tomcat is referring to the Kobelco CK2750 crawler crane. TWH did not make the 2750 dragline, but rather the Bucyrus 8750 dragline!

Randy,

You should get your facts straight before you open your mouth.

Tom

Anything is possible if you don't know what you are talking about.

AJG
Posted: Sunday, July 20, 2014 2:27:56 PM

Chuck,
Any word on when the 994H wheel loaders are going to be released ? Thanks!!!!

Art
kokosing Const Co
Posted: Sunday, July 20, 2014 2:36:26 PM

LOL. This thread is escalating quickly!! While they do look nice, I think they are rather expensive to me. Just my opinion-that's all. Still looking forward to them or someone producing a 349F series now...!
EastCoastFabricator
Posted: Sunday, July 20, 2014 2:40:49 PM

AJG wrote:
Chuck,
Any word on when the 994H wheel loaders are going to be released ? Thanks!!!!

Art

My guess would be about the same time the Sword beam haulers and Ford trucks are released.

There are two rules for success: 1. Never tell everything you know.
RMS Models
Posted: Sunday, July 20, 2014 3:12:12 PM

RMSmodels,

My error, I apologize !!!

Did not think about the recently released Kobelco crane.

Randy M. Smolenack
RMSmodels@aol.com
randy.m.smolenack.civ@mail.mil
The Contractor
Posted: Sunday, July 20, 2014 3:50:28 PM

Just wanted to maybe point out before making crazy accussations to Tonkin with regards to the attachments for the wheel loaders that perhaps the hold up may be Caterpillar as they do have to approve everything and maybe this is not a major priority to them at this time. I guess this is what happens when rumours or even future plans are released verbally even if it is from a reliable source.
admin
Posted: Sunday, July 20, 2014 5:57:22 PM
Groups: Administration

Weserhutte,

Not sure you understand distribution as it happens today. I am willing to bet that there are very few 775s that have not arrived in customers hands yet. We ARE the distributor for the USA and I believe we would have been replacing models from our dealers if there was a large scale problem with the quality of the trucks.

I cannot address the opinions of some members because they are entitled to their opinions. Just bothers me sometimes when one "lemon" model gets all the bad press. That is why I comment sometimes. Martin got a bad model. There are some CK2750 cranes out there that some customers received. That does not make the whole run bad.

Also remember that, as a manufacturer, Sword Models also has to deal with the oddball model that gets out there and can get bad press. That is probably why I am so affected by some posts.

Also I think that how the dealer handles the problems is very important too. Which is why I always ask about that.

Chuck
kokosing Const Co
Posted: Sunday, July 20, 2014 7:59:01 PM

Chuck I can say that I have never had an issue with any models that I've bought anywhere, but I can say from what you say and hear that your service is always excellent. I am sure that any dealer would be willing to work with unsatisfied customers to keep their business. It also shouldn't affect your bottom line because it's credited by the manufacturer-at least that's how it always worked when I had a job at a retail place.

Sure there are defective equipment out there as is anything whether it be models, cars, chairs, clothing etc.
Patrick C
Posted: Sunday, July 20, 2014 10:05:44 PM

Hey Chuck,
Will there be any Cat 775Gs for sale at the open house?

Patrick
Airwolf
Posted: Monday, July 21, 2014 12:57:35 AM

MartinW wrote:
Chuck,

My dealer did refund and I decided not to buy another because many more models I had seen had their issues.

It's Tonkin's attitude that's colored my attitude for them. As I said, praise them on Facebook and you get instant replies. Bring issues to the table and nothing. I do believe that Tonkin blocked some Facebook users from their page for criticizing their models.

I did get a lemon and I did shout about it. You would if you paid the UK prices for them.

they did I was blocked for 3 months for posting bad things about some models I got.

admin
Posted: Monday, July 21, 2014 12:27:37 PM

Patrick -

Sorry but we are temporarily sold out of the 775's. Hopefully a new batch will arrive soon. We have not even received all that we originally ordered yet. It appears that Tonkin is making small batches of the models and shipping as they become available.

Thanks.

Chuck
Weserhutte
Posted: Monday, July 21, 2014 8:41:56 PM

admin wrote:
Weserhutte,

Not sure you understand distribution as it happens today.

Chuck

What are you not sure I understand? You didn't say, so I'm not certain how to respond to your assertion.

admin
Posted: Tuesday, July 22, 2014 7:06:18 PM

Hello W -

What I am saying is that very few dealers actually purchase models for stock anymore. Based on our current economy and concerns about inventory levels, many will purchase only a few over and above what they have orders for. Therefore, when we sell to dealers, there is not a lot of inventory out there that has not been opened already. So it is not like we ship thousands of models out there and they sit on shelves waiting for customers to purchase them.

Sorry I was not clear - I was at a trade show when I was responding earlier and my thumbs were getting tired.

Thanks!

Chuck

EastCoastFabricator
Posted: Tuesday, July 22, 2014 7:47:10 PM

admin wrote:
Hello W -

What I am saying is that very few dealers actually purchase models for stock anymore. Based on our current economy and concerns about inventory levels, many will purchase only a few over and above what they have orders for. Therefore, when we sell to dealers, there is not a lot of inventory out there that has not been opened already. So it is not like we ship thousands of models out there and they sit on shelves waiting for customers to purchase them.

Sorry I was not clear - I was at a trade show when I was responding earlier and my thumbs were getting tired.

Thanks!

Chuck

The only issue with this that I have run into is how do I determine what is out of stock due to needing to order more vs out of stock as in you missed out and they are discontinued.

In my opinion it's a double edged sword. On one hand you save cash by not maintaining stock but lose sales due to stuff being out of stock. I ran into that today ordering several models.

There are two rules for success: 1. Never tell everything you know.
Ajax Man
Posted: Wednesday, July 23, 2014 12:52:46 AM

Teeth Can't wait !!!! Finally they are updating the 621 and 627 series scrapers !!!! I will definitely have to had these to my collection (maybe a few of them). Although, I will probably have to sell my Custom Cat 621G series first….

"THE KILPATRICK ENTERPRISE IS GOING TO JAIL, MIKE DUGGAN IS MAYOR, SYNDER IS GOVERNOR AND IS FIXING MICHIGAN"

AJAX MATERIALS CORPORATION...AJAX PAVING INDUSTRIES....BLACK OR WHITE, WE PAVE MICHIGAN

Weserhutte
Posted: Wednesday, July 23, 2014 10:00:13 PM

admin wrote:
Hello W -

Thanks!

Chuck

I completely understand the "on demand" sales model as it relates to wholesale/retail; but it has it's drawbacks, doesn't it? I might have considered purchasing one of the 775Gs, but you're out of stock for your own annual event?? I know you're going to tell me you sold them as fast as you received them of course, but...

Will you have MH3049s available for purchase on Sunday?

V8dieselpower
Posted: Monday, August 11, 2014 10:36:10 AM

I can't find the "Tonkin quality issues" topic so I will post this here.
I preordered the 988 Millyard loader and the 775G dumptruck at a dealer to pick them up a local truckshow here in Belgium.
The 988 loader had every single rivet connection on the loader arm and grapple touched up with a different shade of cat yellow, just dabs of paint everywhere.
The 775G had several small damages to the paint work and the biggest one could not be seen from outside the box as it was on the right hand side of the dump box, it rubbed the packaging.
The seller will replace them both and he will let me check them before I pay for them.
There was another shop selling Tonkin models and I really liked the 966K wheelloaders but after unpacking three of them which had damages to the paintwork on the loader arm, I gave up.
I already have a standard 988 with bucket and that one is spotless.
I can now say I will never buy a Tonkin model from an online shop, every model I buy will have to be checked, that is iff I ever buy another. Sick

Thomas

Big wheels keep on turnin' proud V8 keep on burnin'
Passion for power => scania R730