DHS Diecast Discussion Forum
Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Members | Log In

Little Excavator Package Day Options · View
WCollins
Posted: Sunday, September 07, 2014 10:19:11 PM

Groups: Member

I thought i'd show off my latest find. After 4 years of searching I was able to get my hands on a Diapet Kobe (Kobelco) K904BL.

The next hardest thing will be to find the Kobe R904B version to add to my collection.

-William
Jack of all trades, Master of none.
Miniature Construction Models
Cat345bl
Posted: Friday, September 12, 2014 10:37:02 PM

Nice new Excavator Bill. I have come to the amazement of all the Different variations, Diapet, Shinsei, Goodswave, Tomica, and other Asian Manufacturers, have made of some of these excavators.

-Mike, Collecting 1/50th Construction Diecast Since 2003.
View My Collection Here, As of 03/29/24

steelman
Posted: Saturday, September 13, 2014 8:31:05 AM

How about a K909A Do you have one of those?
max
Posted: Saturday, September 13, 2014 11:28:43 AM

Congratulations on your find!!Nice little model.
Is it 1:50 or 1:60?
The picture that shows the bottom of the machine is kind of faded so it is hard to see.....
It seems to share the same attachment than the Diapet Mitsubishi MS280 that is supposed to be in 1:60
All i can say about the K909 is that it is a hell of a rare model.....it's called good luck to find one!!!!!And if you do, get r4eady to put your hand in your pockets.....
Regards.
Max.

Cat 245.....Now and Forever

I am looking for industrial auction brochures from Ritchie Bros, Miller & Miller, Forke Bros, First Team Auction, Max Rouse, etc from the 70's, 80's and 90's.I am a collector and heavy equipment enthusiast and these pamphlets are loaded with nice pictures of cleaned and freshly painted equipment.Thet don't have much value once the sale is over but they are a great help to me in preserving the memory of machines that are no longer being built.Please, help my hobby by looking in your old storage boxes and file folders for these old auction sale brochures.Your help is much appreciated.
steelman
Posted: Saturday, September 13, 2014 7:49:55 PM

Do you mean this one Max,

max
Posted: Saturday, September 13, 2014 10:39:29 PM

steelman wrote:
Do you mean this one Max,

Yeah, that's the one.......!!
Max.

I am looking for industrial auction brochures from Ritchie Bros, Miller & Miller, Forke Bros, First Team Auction, Max Rouse, etc from the 70's, 80's and 90's.I am a collector and heavy equipment enthusiast and these pamphlets are loaded with nice pictures of cleaned and freshly painted equipment.Thet don't have much value once the sale is over but they are a great help to me in preserving the memory of machines that are no longer being built.Please, help my hobby by looking in your old storage boxes and file folders for these old auction sale brochures.Your help is much appreciated.
WCollins
Posted: Sunday, September 14, 2014 2:34:40 AM

steelman wrote:
How about a K909A Do you have one of those?

I have two, The Kobelco K909A and the MDI-Yutani MD180 versions, I almost had the SK07 version but missed out on it.

-William
Jack of all trades, Master of none.
Miniature Construction Models
Weserhutte
Posted: Sunday, September 14, 2014 12:36:51 PM

As this post ended up being about two different models; let's examine both.

The Diapet model is 1:60 scale and is reference number K-47 This model was never shown in any Diapet catalogs that I've seen. I never picked one up because of the scale, but wish that I had now. The model came with Kobelco stickers on the boom and counterweight and there was a sheet in the box with stickers for "KOBE", "K903", K904BL", K907B", "K909", "K914" and "K935".

On a side note; Diapet produced a 1:60 Mitsubishi MS280 that used the same undercarriage and boom.

The Ashiya model is 1:50 and has no reference number other than the Kobelco part number. It was produced in four different versions with bespoke boxes. In addition to the Kobelco K909A and MDI Yutani MD180LC, there was also the Kobelco Yutani SK07 and SK09.
max
Posted: Sunday, September 14, 2014 11:04:14 PM

Weserhutte wrote:
As this post ended up being about two different models; let's examine both.

The Diapet model is 1:60 scale and is reference number K-47 This model was never shown in any Diapet catalogs that I've seen. I never picked one up because of the scale, but wish that I had now. The model came with Kobelco stickers on the boom and counterweight and there was a sheet in the box with stickers for "KOBE", "K903", K904BL", K907B", "K909", "K914" and "K935".

On a side note; Diapet produced a 1:60 Mitsubishi MS280 that used the same undercarriage and boom.

The Ashiya model is 1:50 and has no reference number other than the Kobelco part number. It was produced in four different versions with bespoke boxes. In addition to the Kobelco K909A and MDI Yutani MD180LC, there was also the Kobelco Yutani SK07 and SK09.

I have the 1:60 MS280.It is painted purple with the bucket in red.
Max.

steelman
Posted: Monday, September 15, 2014 8:27:33 AM

Max, Do you have pics of your collection? Thanks
max
Posted: Wednesday, September 17, 2014 4:15:07 PM

steelman wrote:

I got some, but they don't show the 1:60 MS280.I never bothered taking pictures of that one because i somewhat always considered that model as some what unsignificant.....
If i had pictures of it, i'd be glad to post it.The problen is that right now, the whole collection is in boxes because i have nowhere to put itSad =>:-< Sad and it might remain that way for a while yet!!
(sorry)
Max.

max
Posted: Wednesday, September 17, 2014 4:17:34 PM

max wrote:
steelman wrote:

I got some, but they don't show the 1:60 MS280.I never bothered taking pictures of that one because i somewhat always considered that model as some what unsignificant.....
If i had pictures of it, i'd be glad to post it.The problen is that right now, the whole collection is in boxes because i have nowhere to put itSad =>:-< Sad and it might remain that way for a while yet!!
(sorry)
Another interresting Diapet model that we never hear of is the IHI IS220 excavator in 1:40 or 43.
They also built a "spring controle" IS110 in 1:45 or 46 or some strange scale like that.
Max.