DHS Diecast Discussion Forum
Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Members | Log In

Fixed my Denzai 11200 Options · View
Alberta Millwright
Posted: Wednesday, October 01, 2014 3:35:59 PM

Groups: Member

Hey guys I finally had the time to rip apart my new model and look at what was creating the hang-up when I tried to slew the crane around. Apparently the pieces that represent the hydraulic motors on the slewing ring were always catching on a "bump" on the carrier and would always require quite a bit of force to get it past. So I tore apart the carrier and filed down both the bump and the hydraulic motors to make sure there was no more interference between the parts. I also noticed how NZG modeled the slewing capability and they just put the ring inside the carrier and used three screws to fasten it together, however all that is happening is the slewing ring is scraping the paint off inside the carrier leaving a wear ring inside hence giving you that friction you feel when turning it. So being that I hate metal on metal contact I just put some grease in there upon assembly and it turns like butter now with zero interference. I don't know if any of you guys have had these issues but thought I would share anyway, here are some pictures of the job. Oh and the last picture is my finger on the piece that keeps drooping down and was wondering if that is normal on all 11200 models?

"/>
"/>
"/>
"/>
"/>
"/>

A Millwright..... in Alberta.
birdman
Posted: Wednesday, October 01, 2014 5:18:34 PM

Sounds like you have a Friday model there, You are right in your last picture it should not do that, not sure what is wrong without striping one down.

Steve.
Insp720
Posted: Wednesday, October 01, 2014 8:12:36 PM

My Denzai definitely doesn't droop at the back like the picture , and don't have the issues you have mentioned , I have a bit pf movement in the boom the tolerances in the pins and hole in the carrier are a bit loose. Have you mentioned this to the dealer/nzg?
Alberta Millwright
Posted: Wednesday, October 01, 2014 8:43:01 PM

Well if we are on the topic of all the faults with my model than here is the list of issues I have had with it so far.

1. Outrigger on boom would not fold into the blue arm due to a pin being way too large, I had to file down the pin so it would fold in the blue arm.

"/>
"/>

2. The rear piece keeps flopping down, don't know how to fix this yet.

"/>

3. The model got shipped with a cap missing on top of one of my outriggers. (no replacement unfortunatley)

"/>

4. The model had it's beacons glued back on but left glue on the top of the cab that I cannot get off.

"/>

I just thought because of the caliber of this model that these things kind of happened to everyone so I didn't really bother to make a fuss but if you guys think I should talk to a representative about it maybe I should? I didn't think they would do much anyway. I bought this off of ***** and they were great to deal with.

A Millwright..... in Alberta.
Ironstef70
Posted: Wednesday, October 01, 2014 10:48:59 PM

Man, that's a shame some companies are shipping models in that condition. Sad

I'm just a kitbasher and would not ship something like that on E-bay unless I cannot fix it and if I did, I would post supporting pictures announcing the defect.

Really sad. Lucky you seem to figure out some fixes.

S.

Posted: Thursday, October 02, 2014 4:15:36 AM

Out of all the ones I have, I have not had those issues. The only two issues I had from memory are:

1. One of the drum winches was missing the little roller that guides the rope. NZG replaced very quickly.
2. I broke the hydraulic cylinder for the operators cab by accident. Again NZG shipped a replacement very quickly.
3. Hartinger has some colour differences in the red paint on the boom, but every model is like this so nothing can be done.

I think you have received a poor model and I would be contacting the supplier or NZG directly.

Paul R
Insp720
Posted: Thursday, October 02, 2014 6:34:25 AM

Mate you got a lemon. I got mine from the same place you did, and other models if I have had an issue they have been really good .I would let them know and send them the photo especially the rear hanging down that's just not right. I don't except any model with major issues any good dealer should look after you. The consumer laws in Au are pretty good so we can demand our money back or replacement. I agree with Paul R's last comment.