DHS Diecast Discussion Forum
Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Members | Log In

Kyle's Equipment Pictures **UPDATED 5-2-16** Options · View
KyleS
Posted: Saturday, April 25, 2015 5:04:06 PM

Groups: Member

I was out doing errands with the kids this morning and saw a lot of new Komatsu equipment at one of the local heavy equipment dealers in the area. The was at Andersen Equipment, nearby is also Nortrax John Deere and Hitachi as well as Chadwick Ba Ross Case and Volvo, Bobcat, Milton CAT, Ambrose Equipment Wacker Neuson, Hamm, Leeboy, Wirtgen, etc and many other dealers.

Here are the pictures I took while showing my son the equipment. Sorry if the picture are not very good, this dealership is fenced in.

"/>

"/>

"/>

"/>

"/>

"/>

"/>

"/>

- Kyle
riley
Posted: Saturday, April 25, 2015 7:42:31 PM

Nice photos, always good to get the young ones into equipment! Those Hydrema dumpers look like they have good visibility with the large windows you don't see those too much
KyleS
Posted: Saturday, April 25, 2015 8:48:13 PM

Thank you!

My son has been interested in trucks and equipment since he was a year old. He's going to be 5 in October. I've been bringing him to see equipment ever since he was born. I grew up around equipment and now I deliver ready mixed concrete for a living so it's always been a big part of my life.

My favorite equipment will always be Forestry equipment. I love tracked feller bunchers and harvesters skidders and forwarders.

Komatsu and Hitachi are my favorite brands of heavy equipment but I do like the good old CAT and JD and Leibherr and many other equipment brands as well.

- Kyle
KyleS
Posted: Sunday, May 03, 2015 8:51:19 PM

More pictures from this past week and weekend.

Brand new John Deere 859M

"/>

"/>

"/>

Some equipment from random job sites I've delivered concrete to.

"/>

"/>

"/>

"/>

"/>

- Kyle
Ironstef70
Posted: Sunday, May 03, 2015 10:20:42 PM

riley wrote:
Nice photos, always good to get the young ones into equipment! Those Hydrema dumpers look like they have good visibility with the large windows you don't see those too much

Indeed, I really like that little dumper truck.

Posted: Monday, May 04, 2015 1:34:12 AM

Nice pictures Kyle.

Is the ground in New Hampshire steep where they log? Excuse my stupid question, but pictures from New England areas I've seen it all looked kinda flat.

Are you an enviromentist, or do you work for a living?
KyleS
Posted: Monday, May 04, 2015 10:57:24 PM

The only stupid question is a question not asked. At least that's what my father always told me. Lol

NH is home of the White Mountains. Very little flat ground mostly in southern NH and most of the logging areas are very hilly/steep. We rarely use wheels harvesters for that reason. Typically self leveling Feller Bunchers and Harvesters are use to make it easier to log the hilly terrain.

Wheeled articulating feller butchers such as the John Deere 843L are typically used for the more level areas.

- Kyle
JTL
Posted: Tuesday, May 05, 2015 2:09:59 AM

10-4 on that Kyle!

I'd like to see more of how you east coasters log. I guess I thought most of that area was houses, farms and Wal Marts!
Come to think of it though, I sure see a lot of used logging iron for sale from your area.

linkbelt290rb
Posted: Tuesday, May 05, 2015 10:53:08 PM

JTL New England topography changes a lot depending where you are, but the one over arching feautre is very very few areas of flat ground. I used to live in VT where logging is a major part of the economy. Now living in CT there isn't as much. The intresting thing about New England logging is the equipment is different all throughout. Your typical logging crew in Maine or New Hampshire would have a track buncher, a few grapple skidders, a delimber and truck or trailer mounted live heel loader with a slasher.In Vermont it would be a cable skidder and a self loading log truck lol. My friend up there does cut to length and they have a small but nice fleet. ATimbo 425 with Rolly Harvesting head, a Timbco 820D forwarder and a Valmet forwarder. Massachusets also uses track bunchers, with grapple skidders, a dangle head processor and a tracked log loader. Rhode Island where I also used to live doesn't have much, but my old neighbor there had a Deere wheeled buncher, Cat 325B FM dangle head processor, old Cat 528 grapple? And a Cat 535B. Used self loading log trucks. In CT, there isn't much and it changes a lot. You see a bit of everything. I have seen a Doosan DX225LL-3 with Logmax 7000XT but then my neighbor has a prentice 410e trailer mount with pull delimber. There isn't a trend. I have seen one track log loader here, a Daewoo 300LL with rotobec grapple. There isn't much logging in CT but a lot of landclearing. Grapple skidders, leveling bunchers and various loaders. Most of these pictures are in CT as I only started equipment photography since I moved. This is a link to my forestry album on flickr, I believe that all of these are in New England. For some reason I haven't taken many pictures of forestry equipment here even though I see it a lot lol. I also attached a link to my friend Jesse's forestry album which is exlusivley in New England.
My Foresty Album
Jesse's Forestry Album

Nothing runs like a deere with a cat on its back but the link belt ate both of them

JTL
Posted: Tuesday, May 05, 2015 11:06:08 PM

Thanks for the pictures linkbelt!

KyleS
Posted: Tuesday, May 05, 2015 11:07:37 PM

You hit the nail on the head LinkBelt. I can't speak for other states buy you hit the nail on the head for NH. I typically see Leveling Fellers and Grapple Skidders but frequently see cable skidders and wheeled feller butchers. I see a mixed batch of self loading log trucks and typical flat bed trailers with side stakes.

I also see ALOT of Tiger Car fellers, skidders and loaders. Most other common brands are Cat and JD skidders, Valmet and Cat and Timbco/Timber Pro Feller Bunchers. Most of the Feller Bunchers are Valmet or Timbco with a few CATs here and there and some JD.

The larg majority of wood is chipped for pulp or pellets, the rest to the mills.

- Kyle
KyleS
Posted: Monday, August 24, 2015 9:34:31 PM

Some more recent pictures I've taken from my travels and on job sites I've delivered to. All the pictures are my own except for the two pictures of the Freightliner Argosy Cab Over from Canam Groupe, those are from the internet but I see that truck frequently. I really love a nice Cabover.

"/>

"/>

"/>

"/>

"/>

"/>

"/>

"/>

"/>

"/>

"/>

"/>

"/>

"/>

"/>

"/>

"/>

"/>

"/>

- Kyle
Weserhutte
Posted: Monday, August 24, 2015 10:35:06 PM

Some nice photos there. I wonder if anyone other than WCollins (you're exempt) will realize what this actually is;

KyleS
Posted: Wednesday, August 26, 2015 10:36:21 AM

Pictures from work yesterday.

There were 3 of these blue cranes on site.

[img][IMG]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v293/xtremejeeper/Mobile%20Uploads/32D9E834-5B90-42F5-9F20-76A9092DD41E_zpsf2vohkue.jpg"/>"/>

[img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v293/xtremejeeper/Mobile%20Uploads/03479BEE-DA1C-490F-9E37-238F435DAFE6_zpsc9yiousq.jpg"/>

[img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v293/xtremejeeper/Mobile%20Uploads/34F3C8B5-1A00-4EFB-B8F2-F5253ECE3AB0_zpswqmbkcsv.jpg"/>

- Kyle
KyleS
Posted: Wednesday, August 26, 2015 10:47:55 AM

These are the last three links from the last post that I can't get to work in that post for some reason.

- Kyle
KyleS
Posted: Friday, September 11, 2015 9:10:02 PM

Some more pictures I've taken recently. A few dinosaurs in this batch.

"/>

"/>

"/>

- Kyle
KyleS
Posted: Friday, September 11, 2015 9:14:35 PM

"/>

"/>

"/>

"/>

- Kyle
KyleS
Posted: Friday, September 11, 2015 9:26:56 PM

"/>

"/>

"/>

"/>

This is the 950G I some times drive at work to load the concrete plant when the operator is out. It just got new tires.

"/>

- Kyle
KyleS
Posted: Saturday, October 10, 2015 9:47:06 AM

Some more pictures I've taken

Old Clark Skidder

It had some steel welded to the cable guides.

Not many creature comforts

A pair of excavators on a job.

A Shuttle Lift Carry Deck

An old track loader

A big Grove Crane

A link belt getting new Pistons

- Kyle
KyleS
Posted: Saturday, October 10, 2015 10:15:57 AM

This Leibherr is owned by BROX Asphalt

An old Autocar hauling a skidder