DHS Diecast Discussion Forum
Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Members | Log In

Cat 6020B cabside picture Options · View
Mark Bridle
Posted: Sunday, July 26, 2015 9:42:40 AM

Groups: Member

Does anybody have a cab side photo of the new CCM Cat 6020B backhoe.
regards
Mark
Custom_Styrene
Posted: Sunday, July 26, 2015 10:37:26 AM

Here you go.. I'll get a couple more for you today if I remember.

Lee

customstyrene@gmail.com

https://www.facebook.com/customsytrene
Mark Bridle
Posted: Sunday, July 26, 2015 2:09:24 PM

So what was the considered opinion of this model? Any good? I always get the impression CCM's paint is sometimes applied with a bog brush. Looking at this photo it looks thick, too thick. Cheap, it could be an upmarket Norscot model. I'm not there so speak up, because I'm sure a lot of people on here will be very interested.
regards
Mark Bridle
Ross Fowlie
Posted: Sunday, July 26, 2015 11:48:00 PM

Hello Mark;

You couldn't be farther from the truth with your statement on the 6020's paint job. Honcho's pictures do not do it justice. If you could see a close up picture of the inside of the bucket you would change your mind (I did not take any pics, sorry). I was allowed to hold this model and check out everything on this model and was almost ready to fight Gary to death to take this baby home with me today, but sadly not to be. Every mining enthusiast will want this model in their collection, you won't be disappointed!

Ross
Mark Bridle
Posted: Monday, July 27, 2015 4:27:46 AM

Thanks for that Ross. Good write up.
Mark
Gavin84w
Posted: Monday, July 27, 2015 10:32:56 AM

One thing i have noticed for a while now is it is very hard for pictures to do a model justice, 9 times out of 10 i have been even more impressed with a model in the flesh than in pictures, sounds like this is another.
Ricky-1
Posted: Monday, July 27, 2015 11:14:29 AM

Mark Bridle wrote:
it could be an upmarket Norscot model

Right on the mark....Whistle
MartinW
Posted: Tuesday, July 28, 2015 8:33:16 AM

Is that some sort of horn on the underside of the cab side walkway?

New UK based Scale construction forum.

www.scaleplantandconstruction.co.uk
Weserhutte
Posted: Tuesday, July 28, 2015 9:44:23 AM

MartinW wrote:
Is that some sort of horn on the underside of the cab side walkway?

Yes, but they got it wrong. It should look like this;

MartinW
Posted: Tuesday, July 28, 2015 9:57:12 AM

You dont say they got it wrong. If it was that big on the actual machine it would shatter haul truck windows.

New UK based Scale construction forum.

www.scaleplantandconstruction.co.uk
a Cutter
Posted: Wednesday, July 29, 2015 6:43:42 PM

Huh I thought perhaps it was a convex mirror. Bad indeed if it's the horn.
RMS Models
Posted: Thursday, July 30, 2015 10:02:59 AM

Gentlemen,

This is NOT the production model, Gary from CCM did say this is the pre-production sample and several changes would be made for production. He did no specify the details, but I'm sure that horn would be corrected.
Jamiescotland
Posted: Thursday, July 30, 2015 11:42:34 AM

Hopefully the paint will be a little thinner, and the hydraulic hoses a bit thicker, otherwise - YUM YUM!
Mark Bridle
Posted: Thursday, July 30, 2015 7:48:04 PM

Jamie, the paint on my 992 bucket is so thick, just like this, its piss poor really. Lets hope CCM rebuild their reputation with this model
, its become dented over the last few years, since they went into wholesale model making. Mark
Ironman88
Posted: Friday, July 31, 2015 7:59:56 PM

Mark Bridle wrote:
piss poor really. Lets hope CCM rebuild their reputation with this model, its become dented over the last few years, since they went into wholesale model making. Mark

Whatever Not talking
Mark Bridle
Posted: Friday, July 31, 2015 8:07:12 PM

Your point is what?
digggerr
Posted: Friday, July 31, 2015 9:29:21 PM

I also held and "played" with the 6020 and 660 models at the open house, and Gary was certainly vague about what changes would be made to the production pieces. One thing is certain, the paintwork is still thick like all the previous CCM diecast pieces. It's not "Joal thick", but everybody has seen that a better finish is possible today in most recent models from other manufacturers.

Personally, I don't understand how this piece justifies such a high price? I will reserve final judgment for when the production piece arrives, but I didn't see it justified in the prototype on display.

I guess it could have been worse if either of the other Caterpillar licensees had done it though!!!
Gavin84w
Posted: Friday, July 31, 2015 10:46:29 PM

I think you might find that as the 6020B has not yet finished field follow trials there are still changes being made to the real machine and Caterpillar have the final say on what the model does or does not get so this may be a big part as to what the final wash up maybe so far as any more changes to it.

As far as the paint and the horn, well i am sure CCM are taking the feedback from both here and other sources so they have the opportunity to do something about it.

Sign of the times i guess with a more connected world, expectations are so much greater as is cost, i remember as a kid going to the Cat dealer with $25 hopeing there would be a new NZG or Conrad model since the last time i was there and it was like heaven when there was and never, ever a complaint!
Mark Bridle
Posted: Saturday, August 01, 2015 4:49:58 AM

If either of the other Cat licensees had produced this model, it would not have been this price. So our expectations would have been less. Paint has always been CCM's downfall. I have the Lima 2400 face shovel, wonderful model, but I cannot understand who thought that painting the boom in hard gloss Black was a suitable option, it looks cheap and nasty, and would have looked much better in a satin black. You have to ask yourself ,who makes these decisions? At least CCM get to hear comments from potential customers now. It not good enough to say 'We are the only game in town so live with it' people are far more discerning now and bad models remain bad models, even in 20 years. Collectors are not beating down doors to collect old Joel models or even some of the NZG or Conrad model produced then. Dealers think that charging punters big bucks because models are old as a viable business model are deluding themselves.

The games moved on now and collectors are far more discerning. CCM have the chance to raise the bar and justify premium prices with this model, if they listen to customers and establish a base line standard at this price segment. Thick paint is not acceptable, CCM appears to be a little rudderless in the last few years, they need to re-establish the quality that was their hallmark when they entered the game. Regards Mark Bridle