DHS Diecast Discussion Forum
Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Members | Log In

LAS VEGAS CRANE Options · View
Weserhutte
Posted: Friday, August 28, 2015 1:50:39 PM
Groups: Member

john suckoe wrote:
Old post some more updates , new to the USA are Wolf electric luffing cranes one in LA and on World Trade Center Tower 3 is number 2 . No OD loads to transport loads cap same as a TG-1900 or 760 Favco the future of tower cranes . A TG crane is just wide not heavy around 4 od loads to transport plus tower sections . The Wolf tower are standard loads .

I don't know if you are referring to the State of Louisiana or the City of Los Angeles with "LA", but there is not a Wolff in either of those locations. The first is in San Francisco at 181 Fremont Street. You are correct about the second. Both are model 700 Bs. Wolff is represented in the US by Maxim.

JohnGalt
Posted: Friday, August 28, 2015 2:53:35 PM

DC Craneman wrote:
In June, there were several luffing tower machines on Wacker Drive in Chicago along the east west portion. Both were visible out of my hotel room, but on the one I could only see the boom. The other was some distance away so I did not see enough detail to identify the make. The one that I could see was not a Link Belt.

One of them is. 444 W. Lake St. Photo posted by desertpunk on Skyscrapercity
JohnGalt
Posted: Friday, August 28, 2015 2:56:05 PM

admin wrote:
The problem is that they are not shippable.

I have one (#25) being shipped to me by Mitch at this moment. The tower parts have arrived, and they are a work of art.
Cat345bl
Posted: Friday, August 28, 2015 7:29:55 PM

I forgot to mention that The TG Series of Tower Gantry Cranes also have the highest lifting capacity for a construction based tower crane.

Currently in Philly there a four of these cranes set up. Like I said these cranes are real popular around because of the presence of Cornell, Grossi a local steel erector, and at one Time Falcon Steel from Wilmington, who went out of business, and whose cranes, and equipment went up for Auction.

1. A Samuel Grossi & Son TG-1900 (Possibly an Ex Falcon Steel Crane) is set up at the Museum of The American Revolution.

Nice View from a Webcam

2. A Samuel Grossi & Sons TG-1900 is Set up at the FMC Tower @ Cira Centre South (How Ironic seeing a FMC tower crane building the new headquarters for FMC)

Stole the pic from the Internet.

3./4. 2 Cornell TG-2300's at the Comcast Innovation & Technology Center

Past Job, and long disassembled, 3 of Cornell's TG-1900 Cranes at Children's Hospital of Philadelphia.
https://www.flickr.com/photos/simola/8279249900/in/photolist-pRdUJD-qMZXeB-qvy2iR-pQZUmS-pRdUwV-qKH6TY-qvqNeC-pRdUoD-qMZWVR-qMVL19-qvqN5Q-qvqN23-qMVKT5-qMQLEV-wqhpdv-wjLDH3-tBt69n-rvDMT9-qvrCvE-pQZTTN-qMQLzV-oc5nDY-o3Dahi-nJguSD-kZ2KT8-po1mYY-p8pznm-p8b4uv-p6ps6d-oQWkmx-p8rtmx-p8b4jF-owh9LV-ounbrj-nUfenb-odvBKe-g9Cz1y-fXA8BZ-dBBkG9-dBvVjK-dBBjxW-dqqCXV-dqqCSp-dqqLA7-anycfp-anyaqn-9o9gKq-7ze6wG-79eeVj-2RngC4/

-Mike, Collecting 1/50th Construction Diecast Since 2003.
View My Collection Here, As of 03/29/24

JohnGalt
Posted: Tuesday, November 17, 2015 2:05:34 PM

I thought this would be a good place to share these. It's a TG 2300B from Mitch Gomez, and it looks like he really nailed it.

kcmtoys wrote:

Cat345bl wrote: