DHS Diecast Discussion Forum
Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Members | Log In

1976 Lima/Clark 7707 300 ton Crawler Crane. Options · View
FiatAllisHD41
Posted: Wednesday, November 25, 2015 6:20:48 PM
Groups: Member

Video of her in action. Love the old school Cranes. Much more appealing than the newer ones in my humble opinion.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ecVuE5NPBbU

“A tiger doesn't lose sleep over the opinion of sheep.” ― Shahir Zag

" An educated mind learns from his mistakes and corrects them. A dolt, on the other hand, lashes out and continues showing his ignorance."
-Unknown

“Two possibilities exist: either we are alone in the Universe or we are not. Both are equally terrifying.”― Arthur C. Clarke

"Anti-social behavior is a trait of intelligence in a world full of conformists" - Nikola Tesla

" If you think it's expensive to hire a professional to do the job, wait until you hire an amateur ". Paul Neal "Red" Adair {Wild Well Firefighter for those who live under rocks}

CDN Cat Power
Posted: Wednesday, November 25, 2015 8:00:10 PM

Totally agree with you I love the older equipment. Got to like the wide track on this machine !

Yes I own a lot of Norscot Cat models they remind me of my many good years working for a Cat Dealer. Going out to the back forty after work playing with used equipment just moving dirt around
DumpsterToy
Posted: Wednesday, November 25, 2015 9:08:05 PM

I am also a lover of the old cable machines. I am fortunate to own both of the Classic Lima 2400B models. I worked on Interstate highway construction in the 1960's and many companies used the Lima 34's. I never realized how larger the Lima 2400 is in comparisons to a Northwest 95 and the Bucyrus Erie 88B.
terex90c
Posted: Wednesday, November 25, 2015 9:54:06 PM

Nice to see one of these big machines in action. If anyone has any info on the cab mounting and how it extends and retracts into the house, I would be glad to hear from you. Dan
max
Posted: Saturday, November 28, 2015 12:48:27 AM

'Never thaught Clark built a machine that big.....!!
Very interresting machine.
I personally got no interest in newer equipment anymore, i'd rather the older stuff.I totally agree with you, HD41 when you say it is more appealing.
Thanks for sharing.
Max.

Cat 245.....Now and Forever

I am looking for industrial auction brochures from Ritchie Bros, Miller & Miller, Forke Bros, First Team Auction, Max Rouse, etc from the 70's, 80's and 90's.I am a collector and heavy equipment enthusiast and these pamphlets are loaded with nice pictures of cleaned and freshly painted equipment.Thet don't have much value once the sale is over but they are a great help to me in preserving the memory of machines that are no longer being built.Please, help my hobby by looking in your old storage boxes and file folders for these old auction sale brochures.Your help is much appreciated.