Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Members | Log In

TWO ELECTRIC MOTOR POWERED TOYS FROM THE 50'S Options · View
DumpsterToy
Posted: Sunday, February 07, 2016 8:42:41 PM
Groups: Member

FiatAllisHD41
Posted: Sunday, February 07, 2016 9:12:20 PM

Bet these are hard to come by. Especially is a condition like yours. Thanks for sharing.

“A tiger doesn't lose sleep over the opinion of sheep.” ― Shahir Zag

" An educated mind learns from his mistakes and corrects them. A dolt, on the other hand, lashes out and continues showing his ignorance."
-Unknown

“Two possibilities exist: either we are alone in the Universe or we are not. Both are equally terrifying.”― Arthur C. Clarke

"Anti-social behavior is a trait of intelligence in a world full of conformists" - Nikola Tesla

" If you think it's expensive to hire a professional to do the job, wait until you hire an amateur ". Paul Neal "Red" Adair {Wild Well Firefighter for those who live under rocks}

JoeE
Posted: Sunday, February 07, 2016 9:21:54 PM

Very cool.

We rally round the family, with a pocket full of shells.....
EX8000
Posted: Sunday, February 07, 2016 11:49:57 PM

And to think those were considered to be "hi-tech" toys back then. I've seen the TD24's pop up now and then on Ebay, but that forklift looks really neat. Do they both still function or are they just static displays?

"It's O-gauge or no gauge..."
89cxsport
Posted: Monday, February 08, 2016 1:04:09 AM

I came across a TD24 in an antique shop recently. I would love to take it home but it is way outside my comfort zone price wise.

Flickr Photostream
DumpsterToy
Posted: Monday, February 08, 2016 2:01:45 AM

A little history on the fork lift. It was made by a company in Urbana. Ohio, Urbana Mfg. Co, in the late 40's and early 50's. Their main toy production was erector sets. As a small child, my father would take me to their factory so I could see the toy displays at Christmas time. I never had either of these toys as a child because of the cost. The fork lift powers forward and backward, the forks power up and down as well as tilt forward and backward. The I.H Dozer was made by Product Minatures. It has a small control transformer that you can control forward and backward movement and steer by track locking. I have a very large collection of construction toys and trucks from the same era. They are mostly Smith Miller trucks and Doepke construction toys. Thanks to all for the interest.
SDBOB
Posted: Tuesday, February 09, 2016 10:04:14 AM

Thanks. I have a few S M and Doepke. I remember playing with a dozer like that at Idlewild park pushing sawdust around inside of a glass enclosure. You put money in the slot.
SDBOB
Posted: Tuesday, February 09, 2016 10:14:52 AM

I still have a few from my childhood.Scraper,Unit crane,nylint Michigan truck crane. It's amazing after I 'used' them they still are not bad just scratched.Tires still good. The Mack dump was donated and the dozer gone,Euclid bottom dump gone.
DumpsterToy
Posted: Thursday, February 11, 2016 12:37:25 PM

HAVE KEPT MY EYES OPEN FOR ONE OF THOSE DOEPKE COIN OPERATED UNIT CRANE MACHINES. HAVE NOT SEEN ANY GO UP FOR AUCTION. MY GUESS IS THAT THE PRICE WOULD BE PROHIBITIVE. THE THUMB WHEEL VERSIONS OF THE UNIT CRANES ARE BECOMING SCARCE. I HAVE A THREE CUSTOMIZED DOEPKES. A GREEN EUC DOUBLE TRAILER DUMP, A THE CAT DOZER WITH A PULL BAN, AND A THREE AXLE EUC. SCRAPER. THE PAN AND THE DOUBLE TRAILER DUMP WERE MADE BY A GENTLEMAN BY THE OF DICK LEESE MANY YEARS AGO. HAVE A COLLECTION OF SMITH MILLER BOTH ORIGINAL AND THE FRED THOMPSON VERSIONS. HAVE THOUGHT OF THINNING OUT THE SMITH MILLERS. WILL THINK EVEN HARDER BECAUSE IT GETTING CLOSE TO CLEANING TIME.