DHS Diecast Discussion Forum
Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Members | Log In

NEWS FLASH! Making-of Caterpillar D6H Boom Buggy - Ad Gevers 20230530 Options · View
gohkleng
Posted: Tuesday, May 03, 2016 12:27:37 PM
Groups: Member

Hi,
This RR model is made of brass ? Die cast or resin?
Usually how did you guy order a special model like this?
Thanks
draglinefan
Posted: Tuesday, May 03, 2016 2:29:26 PM

gohkleng wrote:
Hi,
This RR model is made of brass ? Die cast or resin?
Usually how did you guy order a special model like this?
Thanks
This model is made out of diecast/resin and some pieces brass I order this model at the show in EDE in 2015 Regards Piet
kwabbus
Posted: Sunday, May 08, 2016 1:08:52 PM

LATEST ADDITION! Caterpillar D8T WH [Custom 1:50]

During the Modelshow Europe 2016 I received this latest custom built addition in my collection and directly took it to the photo set:

Caterpillar D8T WH (Waste Handler) “Caron” Tractor-Type Tractor

Ad Gevers showed during the Modelshow Europe 2016 his version of the Caterpillar D8T WDA Track-Type Tractor with WDA CARON DSU dozer blade & CARON SWS Tracks in 1:50 on the basis of the Norscot D8T and three exclusive kits: The resin CARON DSU Trash Blade comes from a very exclusive kit which is based on the metal Trash Blade made by Jay Roltgen and the CARON SWS metal Tracks and the Back box where both exclusive cADSttachments kits. (Sorry for those who are interested but I have to disappoint you that all three of these kits where and are not available for sale).

Enjoy the first photo! I will add more pictures from the Caterpillar D8T WH (Waste Handler) “Caron” Tractor-Type Tractor scale model, machine in 1:1 and background information in the category Tractor-Type Tractors So stay tuned for more!

kwabbus
Posted: Wednesday, May 25, 2016 3:15:57 PM

UPDATE ANNOUNCEMENT! Caterpillar 225 [Dan Models 1:50]

Dan Models from Roemenia, former known as Miniatur-Models.com, has announced to release in 2016 a unique resin scale model in 1:50th scale

Caterpillar 225 Hydraulic Excavator (1e version)

The Caterpillar 225 Hydraulic Excavator was introduced during the Modelshow Europe 2016 held in Ede, The Netherlands andI'm very pleased that today I can finally share with you the first exclusive photos of the Master which will be used to create this custom scale model.

More photos, dimensional details, price, numbers and the delivery schedule date will be posted on my Website when available.
This next knock out model will be available in very limited numbers and made only on request for the collectors.

Dex
Posted: Wednesday, May 25, 2016 5:49:10 PM

This is coming from someone who is obsessed with the 200-series excavator, so that it as you will, lol. The shape of the cab is off, the window shapes need to be round at the corner and the boom side window is wrong too. Other than that, not bad, I think just the cab needs tweaking.
kwabbus
Posted: Monday, May 30, 2016 3:39:37 PM

Dex wrote:
....The shape of the cab is off, the window shapes need to be round at the corner and the boom side window is wrong too. Other than that, not bad, I think just the cab needs tweaking.

Your remarks and most are most welcome and helpful.
There are several versions of the Caterpillar 225. Dan Models has chosen to change the design and he will develop the first version cabin.

Dan Models will make some modifications on his master and will be showing us his improvements!

Thanks Wouter

kwabbus
Posted: Monday, May 30, 2016 3:42:09 PM

NEWS FLASH! The making of... a FireKing [CypModels 1:50]

Custom scale model builder Carol Westerhoff shows you one of his latest projects: Building a FireKing Bushfire fighting vehicle in 1:50th scale.

Today is the start of this "The making of... a ". Carol will take the coming period the original kit from CypModels in hand and makes as we all know him some major adjustments at some points and improves to end up as accurate as possible.

It is our goal for the coming period in the "The making of... a FireKing Bushfire fighting vehicle” to show you how this custom model will be achieved. You will be amazed with the high standards he sets!

Carol will share his building skills through its construction photos with little notes to keep us informed of the building process. Gradually it shows the making of a unique model of the FireKing Bushfire fighting vehicle and welcome addition to my PoweredBy Caterpillar collection!

Enjoy reading & watching!

Carol and Wouter

kwabbus
Posted: Friday, June 10, 2016 12:46:59 PM

COMING SOON! Caterpillar D9T [Diecast Masters 1:50]

Diecast Masters has during their worldwide kick-off at the International Toy Fair aka Spielwarenmesse 2016 announced their first line up with new to release Caterpillar scale models in their 1:50th scale diecast "High Line Series":

Caterpillar D9T Track-Type Tractor #85944

Curious? Click on the photo!

Mr. Scholz
Posted: Friday, June 10, 2016 4:08:59 PM

Not bad at all, I like what I see. Nice u-blade on the D9T, but the solid rock guard is somewhat "confusing" compared to the rest of the details. A rocking equalizer bar would be way cool, but I guess that the undercarriage is fixed...

BTW, whats with the aesome D9E plow tractor Ad is working on, any news on his custom?

Cheers,

Max
KGV123
Posted: Friday, June 10, 2016 4:58:14 PM

I hope QUALITY will be better then previous models.

My collection: http://fotki.yandex.ru/users/umf2009/
Ross Fowlie
Posted: Friday, June 10, 2016 9:55:38 PM

Speaking of quality (and quality control in the factory), looks like the tracks are on backwards. d'oh!
kwabbus
Posted: Sunday, July 03, 2016 8:06:14 AM

ANNOUNCEMENT! Caterpillar 834B [CypModels 1:50]

CypModels has announced a new custom made resin scale model in 1:50th scale:

Caterpillar 834B Wheel Dozer

This knock out model of the Caterpillar 834B Wheel Dozer will be available in very limited numbers.
If you are interested in this hand built scale model or kit from the Caterpillar 834B Wheel Dozer it is important to respond with your order by e-mail to contact@cypmodels.com.
Only then you can be assured that the model is also produced effectively for you.

Curious for more? Click on the photo!

kwabbus
Posted: Thursday, July 21, 2016 2:40:42 PM

ANNOUNCEMENT! Caterpillar PL61 [Rod Cross Toys 1:50]

Under the name Rod Cross Toys appear regularly exclusive small series of custom scale Models and Kits that allow you to add a machine variant or a unique work tool to your Caterpillar collection.

Caterpillar PL61 Pipelayer

This knock out model of the Caterpillar PL61 Pipelayer will be available in very limited numbers. The donor model is the Caterpillar D6K Track-Type Tractor released by Norscot. More then 30 casted metall pieces are added to transform this model into this unique custom Pipelayer. At this moment the finishing touch to the master are made and from a reliable source I have heard that there are some additional features added to the model to be supplied by cADSttachments.

The final sales price for a ready built and painted model will be announced when the first model is actually finished. So stay tuned for more!

kokosing Const Co
Posted: Thursday, July 21, 2016 3:01:45 PM

Ross Fowlie wrote:
Speaking of quality (and quality control in the factory), looks like the tracks are on backwards. d'oh!

AH yet again just like the D8T!!
kwabbus
Posted: Saturday, July 23, 2016 2:27:51 PM

UPDATE ANNOUNCEMENT! Caterpillar 350 [MDF 1:50]

Les Miniatures du Faubourg (MDF) from France releases another new unique resin scale model in 1:50th scale:

Caterpillar 350 Hydraulic Excavator

The Caterpillar 350 Hydraulic Excavator was introduced during the Modelshow Europe 2016 held in Ede, The Netherlands and I'm very pleased that today I can finally share with you the first exclusive photos of the first built custom scale model.

This next knock out model will be available in very limited numbers and made only on request for the collectors.

With the custom scale model of the Caterpillar 350 Hydraulic Excavator in 1:50th finally after waiting for many years a big hole in my showcase will be filled in. Next to the Caterpillar 375 (Joal) is the line up of the Caterpillar Hydraulic Excavators a bit more complete. Sales price is 270,- Euro and shipping cost. Les Miniatures du Faubourg (MDF) ships worldwide at actual shipping cost and accepts PayPal payment.

If you are interested in this built scale model it is important to respond with your order by e-mail to hostmaster@miniaturesdufaubourg.fr Only then you can be assured that the model is also produced effectively for you.

kwabbus
Posted: Sunday, July 31, 2016 4:53:45 AM

NEWS FLASH! DHS Diecast OPEN HOUSE 2016 FORD F250

The place to be this weekend! The 16th Annual DHS Diecast Open House & Auction Weekend held July 30-31th 2016. Mark your calendars and make your reservations. It will be a BLAST!

Check out the DHS Diecast Blog or DHS Diecast Facebook this weekend for the latest annoucements about spectacular new (Caterpillar) scale models and other highlights from the DHS Diecast OPEN HOUSE 2016 Weekend.

What about the latest project from Chuck Sword: The FORD F250 Pickup Truck that will be released by SWORD MODELS later this year in a number of versions and colors. Fact is we had to wait a bit longer then expected but now its going to happen!

With the assistance of an anonymous photographer (Thanks Michelle S.!) I can already today a series of exclusive photos of this knock-out model to share with you! The Ford F250 Pickup Truck will fit perfectly as a service truck within your (Caterpillar) construction machinery collection.

kwabbus
Posted: Sunday, August 07, 2016 12:45:49 PM

NEWS FLASH! TCC visits 60Conrad 1956-2016

Saturday, June 25th 2016 Conrad Modelle celebrated in grand style the 60th anniversary of the company.

Conrad Modelle (previously Gescha) is a German manufacturer of Diecast scale models primarily in 1:50 scale for use both as toys and promotional models by heavy equipment manufacturers. Conrad had the Caterpillar line of construction vehicles starting late 1960s through about 1992, but then the licenses changed over to Norscot.

At the open house to celebrate the 60th anniversary were family, friends, relations and collectors from around the world treated to a huge event in and around the company. Outside were 1:1 examples of the scale models produced by Conrad. Inside there was the opportunity to visit both the museum as well the very rare chance to see the production facility where one could assemble the 60th anniversary model itself. A unique glimpse behind the scenes

Friend, Caterpillar scale model collector and professional photographer Thomas Wilk from TCC Photowork was invited and made an exclusive photo shoot of his visit to this special day in the history of Conrad Modelle in Nuremberg.

Curious? Click on the picture!

kwabbus
Posted: Monday, August 08, 2016 6:49:18 PM

LATEST ADDITION! Caterpillar 325C Coal Shovel [Custom 1:50]

Last week I drove over to Limburg and visited my friend en fellow collector Gertjan and picked the latest custom addition in my collection and directly took it to the photo set:

Caterpillar 325C Coal Shovel

To create this custom project Gertjan Veld used the Caterpillar 325C Hydraulic Excavator which was originally released by NZG in 2002 with #515. For the Boom conversion he used Coal Shovel kit GB-23 which was released in 2012 by Gaz Evans the man behind GEM Models.

My first impression: The kit from GEM Models is already more than worth it, but with the extra details that have been added by Gertjan when he built the kit it is turned into a small masterpiece and a very valuable addition in my Caterpillar 325 series. More than well worth the wait!

Gd10r
Posted: Tuesday, August 09, 2016 12:48:59 AM

For my all my wits I cant figure out how those two Christmas trees survived stripping operations. Great model. Your fortunate again. G

Still Plays with Toys
kwabbus
Posted: Sunday, September 04, 2016 3:57:59 PM

LATEST ADDITION! Caterpillar 621G [Custom 1:50]

This week I received from DHS Diecast Collectables this latest custom built addition in my collection and directly took it to the photo set:

Caterpillar 621G Wheel Tractor-Scraper

The 16th Annual DHS Diecast Open House & Auction Weekend was this year held July 30-31th 2016. Among the more than 330 items on the auction list Saturday, July 30th, I found a custom-built Caterpillar 621G Wheel Tractor-Scraper. Despite my summer holiday, just up and down fling to Berea did not fit in our plans, and therefore I was very glad that I could bring out the winning bid with the help of a fellow collector (C. Thanks!).

The Caterpillar 621G Wheel Tractor-Scraper is built by hand using the Caterpillar 623G Elevating Scraper of Norscot in 1:50th scale. Are you, or if you know who the builder is, then I would be grateful if you would contact me.