DHS Diecast Discussion Forum
Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Members | Log In

ChandlerYohn Mining Models (CCM Cat 6090 Face Shovel) Options · View
ChandlerYohn
Posted: Friday, March 21, 2014 4:56:31 PM

Groups: Member

Wirtgen 4200SM Side Profile Loading Belt by ChandlerYohn, on Flickr"/>

The heavy duty loading belt features infinite height adjustment to accommodate the particular class of hauler that the mined material needs to be loaded onto. Featured here is the 16 m version of the loading belt, while on the real machine a shorter 12 m conveyor is also available. Fine metal wires extend from the belt frame to fine hydraulics. These hydraulics are very stiff and allow the belt to be posed at any height. However, the hydraulics are delicate and care should be taken to adjust them in small increments in tandem to avoid the possibility of damaging them.

Wirtgen 4200SM Loading Belt Counterweight by ChandlerYohn, on Flickr"/>

The counterweight provides stability to the swing ring when the loading belt is traversed off to the side in any position along its 180 degree arc. When the loading belt is facing the rear of the machine or offset only slightly from the midline then the counterweight can be fully retracted or partially deployed respectively. Infinitely variable rear counterweight is extended along two metal rails with metal rollers easing the movement. Two hydraulics control the counterweight extension, while the other two in the right side of the picture adjust the height of the loading belt to accommodate up to a 240 ton class dump truck. A small warning beacon adds detail as well as the hydraulic lines. The access ladder traverses both sides of the counterweight.

Wirtgen 4200SM Loading Belt Profile by ChandlerYohn, on Flickr"/>

Highly robust and detailed loading belt. Rotates to a complete 90 degrees to either side of the machine and features an adjustable counterweight with an access ladder. Hydraulics are neatly arranged and a warning beacon at the top of the support structure provides detail. The wide rubber belt features a textured surface, but is very stiff to rotate. Two pins located along the sides of the loading belt can be repositioned to clip the loading belt up and out of surface so that the machine deposits the mined material directly behind the machine instead of up onto the belt.

Wirtgen 4200SM Loading Belt Removal by ChandlerYohn, on Flickr"/>

In order to provide more posing possibilities such as a reduced weight and length for transport, the loading belt can be removed by simply unscrewing three screws located on the top of the model. The loading belt cannot be broken down further which limits its ability to be posed in a transport configuration. In a typical road going configuration the cab is typically lowered and the exhaust/air intake tower as well as the guardrails are removed in order to lower the overall transport height. Those modifications are not possible on this model.

Wirtgen 4200SM Cutting Drum by ChandlerYohn, on Flickr"/>

The cutting drum can be factory configured for hard rock applications with a smaller diameter of 1,500 mm or a soft rock application at a more robust 1,860 mm. Both drums cut at an impressive 4,200 mm width. On the model the metal teeth are highlighted with red paint. The drum rotates freely and is a very heavy metal component. Adjustable side and rear (bottom of pic) metal guards are modelled well and have stiff hydraulic mechanisms to hold whatever the desired pose. The feeder belt which transfers the mined material from the drum to the loading belt is modelled well and can be raised or lowered with an intricate mechanism. Like the loading belt the feeder belt features a textured surface and rotates stiffly.

Wirtgen 4200SM Maintenance by ChandlerYohn, on Flickr"/>

The functionality on this model is excellent as it features the ground level refuelling and lubrication point. As well, an upper and lower panel can be swung open to reveal the massive drive belt which links the transmission to the cutting drum. The belt can be rotated, but will not actually spin the cutting drum. One disappointing compromise that was made to the model was the lack of photo etch mesh on the large white panel. If this feature had been added to this component then it would have blended much more succinctly with the remainder of the model. Picture features the Sword Peterbilt Maintenance Truck and the Sword Peterbilt Fuel and Lubrication Truck.

NZG Wirtgen 4200 SM Right Side by ChandlerYohn, on Flickr"/>

Right side profile illustrating photo etch mesh and infinitely adjustable rotary plate. Hydraulic drive lines to tracks which are adjustable using two hydraulics that must be pinned in to support weight otherwise the hydraulics will bleed. Two pin settings are available.

Instagram ChandlerYohn YouTube
ChandlerYohn
Posted: Friday, March 21, 2014 5:36:01 PM

Ironstef70 wrote:
Wow, that's a very impressive collection you have there. Thanks for sharing with the family Cool

I like the idea of the glass top table for models display. The reflection on the surfaces, jus as a rainy day, makes for even more impressive look and share different details angle.

Stephane

Thanks so much for the comment. I'm glad you like the reflection from the glass, I think it adds to the pic and agree it does offer some additional perspective.

ChandlerYohn
Posted: Friday, March 21, 2014 5:37:12 PM

towoc999 wrote:
very nice collection of very heavy stuff ,

I'm so glad you enjoy the posts. Take care and all the best.

MAMMOETZEALOT
Posted: Thursday, June 12, 2014 1:29:55 AM

captain marine is also the crown's jewel as well as 1:87 brass 8750
ChandlerYohn
Posted: Tuesday, July 07, 2015 10:31:52 PM

Bucyrus 49R Drill Maintenance by ChandlerYohn, on Flickr"/>

TWH Bucyrus 49R Blasthole Drill, Sword Mack Utility Truck, Sword Peterbilt Fuel and Lube Truck, Tekno Cable Reel Load and Preiser Figure.

Bucyrus 49R Drill Maintenance v2 by ChandlerYohn, on Flickr"/>

Bucyrus 49R Drill Maintenance v3 by ChandlerYohn, on Flickr"/>

ChandlerYohn
Posted: Wednesday, September 02, 2015 6:48:50 PM

Alcoa HiMoBo Komatsu D575 A. Also featured are First Gear D375 and D475 bulldozers as well as Preiser Komatsu Mechanic figures.

I've been waiting for a solid model of this bulldozer for many years. Although it lacks teeth on the rear sproket, the use of stickers in lieu of tampo printing and the blade hydraulics are very loose, this is a solid model. There is excellent hydraulic hose detailing, photoetched engine grilles, excellent fire supression systems and it is in an actual livery. I can't wait for the 12 axle Drake trailer to be released as this model would look incredible perched on top. I hope you enjoy.

Alcoa HiMoBo Komatsu D575A 1 by ChandlerYohn, on Flickr"/>

Alcoa HiMoBo Komatsu D575A 2 by ChandlerYohn, on Flickr"/>

Alcoa HiMoBo Komatsu D575A 3 by ChandlerYohn, on Flickr"/>

Alcoa HiMoBo Komatsu D575A 4 by ChandlerYohn, on Flickr"/>

Alcoa HiMoBo Komatsu D575A 5 by ChandlerYohn, on Flickr"/>

Alcoa HiMoBo Komatsu D575A 6 by ChandlerYohn, on Flickr"/>
Hydraulics are too loose on the model for the blade to remain in an elevated position.

Alcoa HiMoBo Komatsu D575A 7 by ChandlerYohn, on Flickr"/>
Very imposing front end with photoetched grille.

Alcoa HiMoBo Komatsu D575A 8 by ChandlerYohn, on Flickr"/>

Alcoa HiMoBo Komatsu D575A 9 by ChandlerYohn, on Flickr"/>
Sparse detail on the underside, but does feature a serialized metal plate.

Alcoa HiMoBo Komatsu D575A 10 by ChandlerYohn, on Flickr"/>
The Komatsu Dozer Family. Surprisingly the width of the blade on the D475 and D575 is nearly identical.

Alcoa HiMoBo Komatsu D575A 12 by ChandlerYohn, on Flickr"/>

Alcoa HiMoBo Komatsu D575A 11 by ChandlerYohn, on Flickr"/>

MartinW
Posted: Wednesday, September 02, 2015 7:06:53 PM

How did I miss this thread? Lovely collection going there and the photos are brilliant too.

Nice to see the Alcoa 575, this is the first one I've seen quality photos of. I nearly bought one but backed out, mainly due to price.

Keep the photos coming.

New UK based Scale construction forum.

www.scaleplantandconstruction.co.uk
ChandlerYohn
Posted: Wednesday, September 02, 2015 8:18:01 PM

Hi Martin, thanks for the compliments. Unfortunately the 575 does come with a hefty price tag, hence why I'm only adding one of these masterpieces to my collection.

I will have more updates. You can check my Flickr page (link at bottom of entry) if you want to see more photos that haven't been uploaded to this forum yet.

Take care and all the best.

ChandlerYohn
Posted: Tuesday, November 03, 2015 1:45:42 AM

First Gear Komatsu 830E Dump Truck and NZG Komatsu WA 1200 Loader in White. Other Featured Models: Diecast Promotions Chevy Pick Up Truck and Preiser Komatsu Mechanic Figures

Komatsu 830E and WA 1200 1 by ChandlerYohn, on Flickr"/>

The FirstGear Komatsu 830E Dump Truck is a beautiful model with excellent attention to detail from the tiny warning labels throughout, to the various folding access ladders throughout the model. It is definitely far superior than the offerings from Norscot and Tonkin.

Komatsu 830E and WA 1200 2 by ChandlerYohn, on Flickr"/>

The NZG Komatsu WA 1200 loader is also a very fine model in its own right. It features excellent detailing and functionality. Although not quite detailed as it's TWH LeTourneau 1850 counterpart, it definitely leans closer to that model than either of the Cat 994 offerings from either Norscot or Tonkin.

Komatsu 830E and WA 1200 3 by ChandlerYohn, on Flickr"/>

Komatsu 830E and WA 1200 4 by ChandlerYohn, on Flickr"/>

An imposing loader by any standard.

Komatsu 830E and WA 1200 5 by ChandlerYohn, on Flickr"/>

The rear grille on the WA 1200 also features photo etching which adds tremendously to the detailing.

Komatsu 830E and WA 1200 6 by ChandlerYohn, on Flickr"/>

Komatsu maintenance looks on. I am still amazed by the tiny tampo printing of the Komatsu logo on the back of the coveralls.

Komatsu 830E and WA 1200 7 by ChandlerYohn, on Flickr"/>

Komatsu 830E and WA 1200 8 by ChandlerYohn, on Flickr"/>

Fine metal etch components over the front radiator and the electrical cabinets adorn this model along with tiny warning labels which add to the realism of this model.

Komatsu 830E and WA 1200 9 by ChandlerYohn, on Flickr"/>

Fine detail further revaled down to the cab aerial and the work lights along the upper deck.

Komatsu 830E and WA 1200 10 by ChandlerYohn, on Flickr"/>

Realistic tipping angle.

Komatsu 830E and WA 1200 11 by ChandlerYohn, on Flickr"/>

Access ladders and even silver highlights on the latches of the panels for the electrical cabinets.

Komatsu 830E and WA 1200 12 by ChandlerYohn, on Flickr"/>

Access ladder to the hydraulic resevoir tank, also featuring tiny warning labels. Multi stage hydraulic rams are a little less impressive as the central ram lacks a chrome finish and is inconsistent with the yellow colouring of the main cylinder jacket.

Komatsu 830E and WA 1200 13 by ChandlerYohn, on Flickr"/>

Alternate view of the dump bed raised.

Komatsu 830E and WA 1200 14 by ChandlerYohn, on Flickr"/>

Intricate engine detail revaled with a radiator fan also visible. Service ladders along the frame can be folded down to allow for maintenance. The exhausts also feature black paint highlights to simulate openings to the massive mufflers.

Komatsu 830E and WA 1200 15 by ChandlerYohn, on Flickr"/>

Komatsu 830E and WA 1200 16 by ChandlerYohn, on Flickr"/>

The cab even features defrost vents along the dash. These models pair very well. I was saddened when the Komatsu 830E in the white version was abandoned, as it would have made for an even more solid pairing.

Ironstef70
Posted: Wednesday, November 04, 2015 12:24:18 AM

Very neat display as usual. That's an impresive collection of quality models here....

S.

Posted: Wednesday, November 04, 2015 2:54:58 AM

Hi Ironstef, thanks so much for the feedback, it's greatly appreciated. I have a backlog of images so there will be more coming up in the next while.

Take care and all the best.

gbarnewall
Posted: Wednesday, November 04, 2015 3:11:32 AM

Thanks for posting close up pics of the 830E,it looks a fine piece,great to see some mining models posted too!! looking forward to seeing more of your photos!!

Why is "phonetically" spelt with a "ph"?

... It's better to be silent and thought a fool, then to speak up and remove all doubt

The complex of Newgrange was originally built between c. 3100 and 2900 BC,[2] meaning that it's aproximately 5,000 years old. According to Carbon-14 dates,[3] it is more than 500 years older than the Great Pyramid of Giza in Egypt, and predates Stonehenge by about 1,000 years.

a Cutter
Posted: Monday, November 09, 2015 10:49:27 PM

Thanks for so many pics of the 830. I've been wanting one since they arrived but these photos can tide me over for the time being.
ChandlerYohn
Posted: Tuesday, November 10, 2015 3:51:02 PM

Hi Gbarnewall and A Cutter, thanks so much for the comments. I'm so glad you appreciate the pics. It would be fantastic if Caterpillar elected to add the level of detail to their primary diecast line that Komatsu has. My poor Cat collection only has 6 models: Cat 797 white (Norscot), Cat 784D Towhaul (Norscot), Cat 24M Grader (Norscot), Cat 775 Dump Truck (Tonkin), and Cat D6 Dozer (Tonkin).

ChandlerYohn
Posted: Wednesday, November 11, 2015 7:53:15 PM

TWH Ensham Bucyrus 8750 Dragline Pics Update. Here are a few pics from alt views of the model before the boom was installed so I could rotate around the tub. I recently purchased a lighting kit for photos so hopefully the quality of pics will improve in the next series.

Ensham Bucyrus 8750 9 by ChandlerYohn, on Flickr"/>

Ensham Bucyrus 8750 2 by ChandlerYohn, on Flickr"/>

Ensham Bucyrus 8750 3 by ChandlerYohn, on Flickr"/>

Ensham Bucyrus 8750 4 by ChandlerYohn, on Flickr"/>

Ensham Bucyrus 8750 5 by ChandlerYohn, on Flickr"/>

Ensham Bucyrus 8750 6 by ChandlerYohn, on Flickr"/>

Ensham Bucyrus 8750 7 by ChandlerYohn, on Flickr"/>

Ensham Bucyrus 8750 8 by ChandlerYohn, on Flickr"/>

Ensham Bucyrus 8750 10 by ChandlerYohn, on Flickr"/>

I'll get some more photos with the bucket attached as well as with the Lampson Manitowoc 4100 Ringer Crane doing "maintenance" on the model next.

ChandlerYohn
Posted: Monday, June 27, 2016 11:56:12 PM

First Gear Komatsu WA900 Wheel Loader and NZG Komatsu HD 785 Off Road Dump Truck.

Other featured models: First Gear International Komatsu Service Truck, First Gear Komatsu Kenworth 8x4 w/ Talbert 3-axle low loader, WSI Ocean Traders Cargo Load, Diecast Promotions Chevy Silverado 1500 Pick-up truck, Airfix British Quad Bike (model kit). Figures by Bachmann and Preiser.

First Gear Komatsu WA900 and NZG Komatsu HD 785 Maintenance 1 by ChandlerYohn, on Flickr"/>

Heavy duty mining equipment, even though it's much smaller than an ultra hauler fleet, it is quite imposing. The First Gear Komatsu WA 900 is at full lift and although it easily clears the side of the HD 785, when it dumps you can see that the height is still leaving something to be desired.

First Gear Komatsu WA900 and NZG Komatsu HD 785 Maintenance 2 by ChandlerYohn, on Flickr"/>

Yes, the handrails are a little chunky, but the detailing on this big loader is great. The well annointed cab, the hydraulics and drive shaft traversing the pivot point. You don't see those features on Norscot models...

First Gear Komatsu WA900 and NZG Komatsu HD 785 Maintenance 16 by ChandlerYohn, on Flickr"/>

Some TLC for the big mining loader.

First Gear Komatsu WA900 and NZG Komatsu HD 785 Maintenance 17 by ChandlerYohn, on Flickr"/>

First Gear Komatsu WA900 and NZG Komatsu HD 785 Maintenance 18 by ChandlerYohn, on Flickr"/>

This loader is much larger than I thought it would be. The figures really add perspective. A good view of the hydraulics and driveshaft traversing the pivot point. Hydraulic hose along the z-linkage has a silver highlighted elbow joint. Fine tampo printing like the Komatsu name on the cab door and the fine mesh grilles along the engine compartment and the cooling unit behind the cab. Very fine bolt head detailing on the rims. The red safety bar to lock the pivot point is fixed and non-functional, but a nice detail.
The crew is having a break. The white bucket was from the Bachmann construction workers set.

First Gear Komatsu WA900 and NZG Komatsu HD 785 Maintenance 14 by ChandlerYohn, on Flickr"/>

Very fine detail adorns the First Gear Komatsu service truck w/ warning labels all over. The vise on the rear bumper is a nice touch. The MSW compressor (model kit) is in the back with a welding unit. The outriggers on the truck are non-functional and do not extend outwards or downwards.

First Gear Komatsu WA900 and NZG Komatsu HD 785 Maintenance 8 by ChandlerYohn, on Flickr"/>

A small bit of customization on this model; the front wheel wells were originally white and had a join line between the two parts that comprise the wheel well. I painted the interior a matte black which helps blend the model much better. There is also an obtrusive tab behind the cab which the securing screw fits into. This was also painted a flat black which helps to blend it into the model. Overall, this was a simplistic, but highly effective touch to the model.

First Gear Komatsu WA900 and NZG Komatsu HD 785 Maintenance 9 by ChandlerYohn, on Flickr"/>

That originally white tab between the cab and the truck body is now virtually invisible. The service crane has a fixed hook and the winch features no string and is modelled as detail only. The boom has a single stage of extension, as viewed in earlier pics. The angle indicator is also just a tampo printing and is non-functional unlike some Sword models.

Ironstef70
Posted: Tuesday, June 28, 2016 9:56:44 PM

My goodness, I love to see pictures of that huge Bucyrus. Such an impressive piece of collection. Makes me wonder how big it looks next to a PTC.

What are the base dimensions?

Stephane

Posted: Monday, November 07, 2016 9:03:06 AM

ChandlerYohn wrote:
The Bucyrus 495HR with a white Komatsu 960E complete with payload.

Hi Chandler

May I know whether the dump body of Komatsu 960E is metal or plastic? Would you please also tell me which major part is made of plastic on 960E?

Thanks and regards,
Farrell
Paul
Posted: Monday, November 07, 2016 9:32:00 AM

Great photos, I do enjoy the "different angle" you bring with your photos Smile

I can't wait to see the Bucyrus 8750!.

Scania V8. The best sounding truck in the world.

ChandlerYohn
Posted: Monday, November 07, 2016 11:40:19 AM

Hi Farrell, I don't have the Komatsu 960E displayed at present, but I know the dump bed is metal. The cab is plastic and I think the hydraulic tank and fuel tank on the chassis sides are plastic. The highly detailed engine is also plastic. I cannot recall the composition of the rims. Overall the model is solid and robust with tremendous detail, especially the engine.

I hope that helps.

Hi Stephane, I have to measure the round turn table of the 8750. I don't have my PTC displayed at the moment, but I think the turn table base on the 8750 would be close in diameter.

Hi Paul, very glad you like the pics. They're one of my few creative outlets and I enjoy setting up the little dioramas. LOL!

Thanks everyone, take care and all the best.