DHS Diecast Discussion Forum
Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Members | Log In

ChandlerYohn Heavy Lift (NZG Liebherr LR 1600s) Options · View
ChandlerYohn
Posted: Monday, June 27, 2016 11:19:42 PM

Groups: Member

Sadly I haven't posted much in the way of my crane collection. I reeved up the A frames on my three NZG Liebherr LR 1600's (Felbermayr, Mammoet and Neeb). Although not a realistic scene, I posed the trio together with some support vehicles and personnel setting them up.

Other featured models include: Conrad Felbermayr Man 8x4 truck w/ Palfinger crane, WSI generator load, MSW custom painted compressor (model kit), Himobo storage bins, Himobo Felbermayr (coloured) 5 axle ballast trailer, Siku Liebherr Mercedes Sprinter van, WSI Liebherr VW Caddy, Tonkin Replicas Mercedes Actros 6x2 w/ 3 axle flatbed, WSI Torben Rafn Volvo 6x4 w/ tag-axle and Broshuis 6 axle 100 tonner trailer w/ extension. Figures and accessories by Preiser, Conrad, Bachmann and Airfix (model kit).

Liebherr LR 1600 Trio Set Up 1 by ChandlerYohn, on Flickr"/>

1800 tonnes of lifting power (well, once they're fully set up).

Liebherr LR 1600 Trio Set Up 2 by ChandlerYohn, on Flickr"/>

Felbermayr LR 1600 Set Up 4 by ChandlerYohn, on Flickr"/>

Up close with the big Felbermayr. The 5 axle ballast trailer by Himobo is a unique addition for the trucks with the big lifting cranes. I also have a Mammoet version (colour only). The large storage bins and mesh sided containers with real wood flooring are very functional and well thought out. Also features hoses that run to the truck. Front two axles are on a bogey and the rear axle has a good degree of steering as well.

Felbermayr LR 1600 Set Up 5 by ChandlerYohn, on Flickr"/>

Rearview of the Himobo Felbermayr trailer. Deck on the trailer has a real wood finish.

Felbermayr LR 1600 Set Up 7 by ChandlerYohn, on Flickr"/>

Liebherr service helping to set up.

Felbermayr LR 1600 Set Up 6 by ChandlerYohn, on Flickr"/>

Beautiful heavy duty Man truck. Not as detailed as some of the other competitors, but Conrad definitely makes a robust and solid truck.

Felbermayr LR 1600 Set Up 3 by ChandlerYohn, on Flickr"/>

Solid trailer w/ finely detailed wheel hubs. Hydraulic ram on the trailer tongue to allow for adjustability.

Mammoet LR 1600 Set Up 1 by ChandlerYohn, on Flickr"/>

The big Mammoet having a turn in the spotlight. The small tool set is part of the Airfix vehicle crew model kit.

Mammoet LR 1600 Set Up 7 by ChandlerYohn, on Flickr"/>

A frame w/ hydraulic hook to take the next load for set-up.

Mammoet LR 1600 Set Up 2 by ChandlerYohn, on Flickr"/>

Guiding the Mammoet Mercedes Actros into position. This is a beautifully detailed truck. The trailer is an older Tekno casting with poorly simulated timber decking.

Mammoet LR 1600 Set Up 5 by ChandlerYohn, on Flickr"/>

Even the detailing on the inside of the Actros cab is superb. The drawers below the bed almost look like you can open them up. Very sharp graphics and finely detailed grille.

Mammoet LR 1600 Set Up 6 by ChandlerYohn, on Flickr"/>

Just a little to the right...

Mammoet LR 1600 Set Up 4 by ChandlerYohn, on Flickr"/>

Liebherr service helping out Mammoet as well. The tool chest is an accessory from the Bachmann Mechanics Figure set. It is not the greatest paint job, but it is a really nice touch to a diorama. The socket wrench is part of the Airfix Vehicle Crew model kit.

Mammoet LR 1600 Set Up 8 by ChandlerYohn, on Flickr"/>

Bloody poor parking job by the Liebherr service VW Caddy...

Neeb LR 1600 Set Up 1 by ChandlerYohn, on Flickr"/>

Last, but not least, the big Neeb and Schuch lifter. A couple of problems though, missing cab mirror, inconsistent labels on the A frame and a missing drive sproket cover (on the other side). Really out of character for NZG models, they are usually top notch for quality control.

Neeb LR 1600 Set Up 2 by ChandlerYohn, on Flickr"/>

Imposing ground level view.

Neeb LR 1600 Set Up 3 by ChandlerYohn, on Flickr"/>

Standing in for my Neeb trucks, which are still inbound, is the Torben Rafn Volvo w/ Broshuis 100 tonner trailer. A beautiful livery and capable heavy haulage rig. The turning radius on the trailer is excellent, turning radius on the truck... typical WSI. The clip-on tag axle is always a welcome addition to the Danish livery.

Neeb LR 1600 Set Up 5 by ChandlerYohn, on Flickr"/>

Front view of the lively livery. It is nice to see WSI finally adding antennae to their models, it adds some subtle details that many other manufacturers (including Conrad) have been implementing for sometime. The detail of the small Volvo logo is amazing.

Instagram ChandlerYohn YouTube
Alberta Millwright
Posted: Wednesday, June 29, 2016 12:23:19 AM

Groups: Member

Nice pics Chandler, the NZG Lr 1600/2 is easily the most appealing crawler crane model on the market.

A Millwright..... in Alberta.