DHS Diecast Discussion Forum
Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Members | Log In

Historic Construction Equipment Show Options · View
CDN Cat Power
Posted: Sunday, September 18, 2016 9:57:58 AM

Groups: Member

I attended the HCEA show in Bowling Green Ohio Friday and Saturday for the first time. Wow there must have been over 100 pieces of early construction equipment present. Then the steam tractors and antique tractors,trailers and trucks. I got there first thing Friday, rented a golf cart to get around once I saw how much walking you could do. They demonstrated early road building. Got to like the scream of the detroit in the early Terex scrapers. Then they had a long high pile of dirt to demonstrate excavators, shovels and draglines. Friday was perfect weather and I watched for hours. Lets see Marion Electric Shovel, Lima shovel, several different Bucyrus Erie shovels, excavators and draglines.

The vendor building was full of diecast dealers including our host Chuck. I couldn't resist buying my first CCM model a Cat D9L with U blade and impact ripper. There were a lot of bargains to be had like a Black Cat Service Truck for $17.00 NIB !!! or how about a CCM Cat 6020 NIB for $450.00.

Saturday was a wash out I got there early and got a few more pictures before the sky's opened up and torrental rain !! I left at noon and the nice cut farmers field for parking was becoming a field of deep mud LOL good thing for 4 wheel drive !! I'am sure they were going to need a few tractors to pull out stuck cars !!

If you have never attended one of these show GO !!! I will be attending more for sure !!

Yes I own a lot of Norscot Cat models they remind me of my many good years working for a Cat Dealer. Going out to the back forty after work playing with used equipment just moving dirt around
admin
Posted: Wednesday, September 21, 2016 4:18:07 PM
Groups: Administration

Hello guys -

Had a great time at the HCEA show this weekend. Here is a YouTube video from a drone camera - very cool!

HCEA YouTube Video

Chuck
CDN Cat Power
Posted: Wednesday, September 21, 2016 7:22:20 PM

Thanks for posting Chuck I was watching the drone flying overhead. I can find myself in a lot of the footage taken.

Yes I own a lot of Norscot Cat models they remind me of my many good years working for a Cat Dealer. Going out to the back forty after work playing with used equipment just moving dirt around
Campmb
Posted: Wednesday, September 21, 2016 8:36:35 PM

Thanks chuck. That show is always great. Sorry I couldn't make it this year.
Campmb
Posted: Wednesday, September 21, 2016 8:37:14 PM

Thanks chuck. That show is always great. Sorry I couldn't make it this year.