Posted: Sunday, September 18, 2016 6:16:13 AM

Groups: Member

And their factory in northern Ireland.

Ray...

Nostalgia is not what it used to be
janh
Posted: Sunday, September 18, 2016 9:06:38 AM

Not to mention Gosselies/Belgium.CAT´s second biggest production facility worldwide will be shutdown.3700 people loose their jobs.
TimT
Posted: Sunday, September 18, 2016 8:23:39 PM
Groups: Member , Moderator

And yet its one of the very best preforming stocks in the Dow right now. Cat has done a good job of restructuring its operations, which has helped save many more thousands of jobs. Now, slowly but surely the commodities market is coming back. It always does. Good news is never news you know.The same people that praised Caterpillar for buying Bucyrus are now claiming it was a massive mistake. People need to learn that not everything happens in an instant. Its a big world still.
Mark Bridle
Posted: Monday, September 19, 2016 5:02:17 AM

Tim you should work for Cat's PR department, that's a real positive spin on people loosing their jobs. Its a big world alright and a dammed sight harder if you are unemployed. Restructuring is management speak for sending people down the road. The only reason the Stock is going up is because Cat are getting rid of people. You need to take off the fanboy blinkers mate.
RayT
Posted: Monday, September 19, 2016 5:51:21 AM

Mark Bridle wrote:
Tim you should work for Cat's PR department, that's a real positive spin on people loosing their jobs. Its a big world alright and a dammed sight harder if you are unemployed. Restructuring is management speak for sending people down the road, you need to take off the fanboy blinkers mate.

Well said Mark..

Nostalgia is not what it used to be
GC1
Posted: Monday, September 19, 2016 9:32:21 PM

Caterpillar doesn't give a toss about anyone and thats a fact.....the amount of unpaid tax they have syphoned out of my country via Switzerland and offshore accounts is to be quite frank(we are talking billions here ..not petty cash)...obscene. Funny how those doing the restructuring get those massive pay cheques for closing down plants and next thing a new one pops up in India, China or somewhere where the wages are cheaper and they get a new plant payed for them for free.

The most obscene part of all of it is the respective Governments gave them massive subsidies and perks to build these plants across the world. of course your stocks are going to boom when everyone else is paying your accounts for you.

Here are some more job losses....http://www.euronews.com/2016/09/16/workers-march-over-caterpillar-job-cuts

Some more on the way..http://www.bbc.com/news/uk-northern-ireland-37219720

More again..http://ww2.cfo.com/strategy/2016/04/caterpillar-close-5-plants-cut-jobs/

I shall parrot RayT s' remark....well said Mark.
HCF
Posted: Tuesday, September 20, 2016 12:50:42 AM

I believe they're going to be curtailing operations in their Texas plant where the rock drills were built as well.

-Jason
YouTube
Timberline Thinning Company
My Photostream

TimT
Posted: Friday, September 23, 2016 8:19:46 PM
Groups: Member , Moderator

My question to my critics is simple.... If it was YOUR business what would you do?. Or if you owned a large amount of stock in the company what would you want THEM to do?........ Does any private business owe people jobs?... should they operate at a loss and for how long?.... I am not the one with blinders on. And I have spent more than my share of time looking for work over the years. In fact I have had no work for three years now.
But I have yet to think someone OWES me a job. You always have people post about companies cutting jobs or laying people off like its always the big bad companies fault. Is it really? Maybe, I don't know. Business goes up and down and business responds the best way they see fit. Why are Cat sales down?.... Why is coal being demonized and all other industries that are not GREEN enough for the taste of the liberals and environuts being choked to death by over government over regulation? Whos fault is that? Lots of blame to go around.
digggerr
Posted: Friday, September 23, 2016 9:18:19 PM

TimT wrote:
In fact I have had no work for three years now.

It gives me great dissatisfaction to read I've been subsidizing your existence by paying my taxes and all the other things employed people do because you refuse to take a job that pays less than what you may have made in the past? I think that's the epitome of vanity...

You have set yourself on a pedestal and obviously consider taking another job paying for not as much money as a previous job is too good for you! That's just sad on every level.

Thanks for illustrating a major symptom of what's wrong with America so well.
Dan85
Posted: Friday, September 23, 2016 10:27:42 PM

Tim, coming to IMCATS?? Be good to see you up there, it's at a different spot this year if you do come up.

Daily Diesel Dose.com| All Ready Mix.com | Plowsite DOT Thread |
If your only contribution is complaining, please don't contribute!