DHS Diecast Discussion Forum
Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Members | Log In

BYMO KOMATSU PC 8000 Shovel Model Scale 1:50 Options · View
ChandlerYohn
Posted: Friday, April 22, 2016 4:09:13 AM

Groups: Member

Wow! That is a gorgeous looking model. The colour match between the cab and the main body looks pretty good in those latest pics.

Thanks so much for the pics Excavator.

Instagram ChandlerYohn YouTube
mol
Posted: Friday, April 22, 2016 4:40:00 AM

digggerr wrote:
Excavator,

It's crazy to think that it's been five years since you started this thread! So the cab is plastic; how much more of the model is? Do you have some photos of the other side of the piece?

Brian C,

I have yet to see any photo of a PC8000 with this less steeply angled staircase. Do you have any to post and share?

The PC 8000 model was for sale at the Bauma. The price was €344,- For a model of this size that is a good Price in my opinion. The models was behind glass so I could not feel the model to find out more about the materials used in the model. The models at the Bauma had a plastic cab and the fire extinguishers were also made of plastic. I hope this was a ‘Bauma’ series and will not be the production series. On the pictures the plastic cab looks ok but in real you immediately see that is is made of plastic. The color is a bit more mat and the plastic lets light come true.
For as far as I could see the PC8000 is ok/good but not as nice as the Terex RH340 series.

At the Bauer Stand there was a new model of the Bauer MC 96. The old MC96 has a plastic cab and plastic motor panels. At the new series of the MC 96 both the engine panels and the cab has been changed to metal! So I really hope that Bymo will change the plastic cab for a metal one. With a metal cab and a selling price of €344,- the model would be perfect for as far as I can see now.
Brian C
Posted: Friday, April 22, 2016 9:29:54 AM

Thanks for posting the photos of one of the Bauma display models Peter.I am sure any issues will be sorted out prior to full-scale production commencing.Final price will most likely be closer to €400 I reckon.
Excavator
Posted: Friday, April 22, 2016 6:58:44 PM

@ Brian C:

You are correct with both things, the issues and the price !!! Smile
digggerr
Posted: Friday, April 22, 2016 9:09:44 PM

The price of €389 has been posted on his website for a long time now.

There are some collectors out there who collect every casting and paint/decal variation of a particular model. Over the years, we've seen these become available in both diesel and electric form to certain collectors/dealers. In my opinion this has been an insult to the collector community in general. Does anybody even know how many different versions of this thing there are from the Himobo originals to where we are now with Excavator's photos?

Is there another scale model that has taken so long to come to market (for everyone) since it was announced?

After all these years, will it sell well after the first few hundred pieces?
mikebramel
Posted: Saturday, April 23, 2016 11:58:29 AM

Thank you for posting these pictures. Looks like an excellent addition
Brian C
Posted: Wednesday, April 27, 2016 8:26:01 AM

Another BYMO PC8000 topic from 2014 for those interested....

bobcat863
Posted: Friday, April 29, 2016 6:42:04 PM

Some more photos from a bauma PC8000 model. This one wasn't behind glass so I could get some better shots. The cab colour match on this one is better than some of the others, It appears it differs between some models.

"/>
"/>
"/>
"/>
"/>
"/>
"/>
"/>

ChandlerYohn
Posted: Saturday, April 30, 2016 4:19:50 AM

Definitely a finely detailed model and I'm looking forward to the release. The liberal use of photoetch components on the radiators and walkways is a nice touch. One bothersome lack of detail is the absence of a windscreen wiper. This was a gripe on the Liebherr R9800 as well though.

Instagram ChandlerYohn YouTube
CDN Cat Power
Posted: Saturday, April 30, 2016 7:13:40 AM

For a model that sells for more then a R9800 on our sponsors site I am a little disappointed. The silver boom and bucket pins I noticed right away. The silver ladder rungs also stick out, should I mention the pins in the track rollers and track frame. The plastic operators cab no wiper and door detail.To me these little details make a difference. I have a R9800 excavator, think I will invest in the front shovel 9800 next.

Yes I own a lot of Norscot Cat models they remind me of my many good years working for a Cat Dealer. Going out to the back forty after work playing with used equipment just moving dirt around
gbarnewall
Posted: Saturday, April 30, 2016 7:41:58 AM

I dunno maybe its me but it seems a long way off the detail of the RH340's and they were a lot older,maybe the real machine is plainer,or cleaner looking?

Why is "phonetically" spelt with a "ph"?

... It's better to be silent and thought a fool, then to speak up and remove all doubt

The complex of Newgrange was originally built between c. 3100 and 2900 BC,[2] meaning that it's aproximately 5,000 years old. According to Carbon-14 dates,[3] it is more than 500 years older than the Great Pyramid of Giza in Egypt, and predates Stonehenge by about 1,000 years.

Jamiescotland
Posted: Saturday, April 30, 2016 8:33:29 AM

For me, the handrails are too chunky, but overall it's a must-have! Trouble is, to make and refit all the handrails in 0.8mm brass wire would be a long drawn-out affair!
4100serie
Posted: Monday, May 02, 2016 3:57:20 PM

Same as previous comments : I can live with the silver pins but those handrails are a little bit too thick. Still a must-have in my opinion.
Brian C
Posted: Wednesday, May 04, 2016 6:21:26 AM

bobcat863,

Please can you post a few shots of the box sleeve.....curious to know if it has been updated along with the 1:50 model.

Thanks in advance
bobcat863
Posted: Friday, May 06, 2016 10:01:35 AM

Sorry Brian c. I do not have model yet. Sold out when I was there. The photos where of a display one at komatsu customer area at bauma.
admin
Posted: Friday, May 06, 2016 4:59:13 PM
Groups: Administration

You can order them from your host.

We have been told they would be in late summer this year!

Diesel Version

Electric Version

Chuck
mitchtim
Posted: Saturday, September 24, 2016 3:25:19 PM

I remember seeing a post saying that the model was going to have some updates/improvements since the BAUMA show. Does any one know if these updates have been done and or have detail of what these are?
digggerr
Posted: Saturday, September 24, 2016 8:32:13 PM

The only thing I've heard is that the staircase from the cab will be even different from the 50 models produced for bauma2016.

I will see Mr. H of Bymo at MINExpo next week and see what he says about the model. I believe it will be difficult to catalog all the variations that have been sold already as in recent years my understanding

How many years now has it been that most collectors like me have been waiting? I just hope that the finished product is worth the long wait and of the quality level of his earlier Terex/O&K RH340s.
micko
Posted: Sunday, September 25, 2016 5:07:16 PM

The rear ladder only came down as far as the top of the tracks on the ones sold at Bauma so that should have been sorted, and there was talk of fitting a metal cab
trakindoman
Posted: Friday, September 30, 2016 6:29:26 AM

Jamiescotland wrote:
For me, the handrails are too chunky, but overall it's a must-have! Trouble is, to make and refit all the handrails in 0.8mm brass wire would be a long drawn-out affair!

same thought, it should be thinner