DHS Diecast Discussion Forum
Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Members | Log In

SMDK Koelliken Site Remediation? Options · View
325cl
Posted: Tuesday, October 18, 2016 9:20:15 PM

Groups: Member

Hey guys - I stumbled across photos of this project some time ago and found them again tonight: http://thomas-wilk.jalbum.net/smdk%20Koelliken/index.html. These are not my photos, they were found on google. Does anyone have more information or more photos of this project? To me, it appears to be a contaminated site that is being cleaned up? I am very curious to hear exactly what the job is. Some neat photos of equipment modified for the project. Oxygen bottles for fresh air in the cabs and the frame from the "jetway" that comes out to meet the machine to allow the operator safe access. I think these would make some great custom models!

Thanks,
Greg

TBM
Posted: Wednesday, October 19, 2016 4:08:02 AM

Hi Greg

There are some other pics on the following websites :

www.eberhard.ch and www.smdk.ch

It was a very interesting project here in switzerland and the greatest project for cleaning a contaminated object in switzerland.

The cleaning works for the contaminated material is finished now, and now it will be refilled with rock - material from the Eppenbergtunnel. This is a railway tunnel who was build with a TBM from Herrenknecht.The contractor is Marti AG tunneling.
The TBM- assembly would be finished at the end of 2016, here you will find some pics : http://www.sbb.ch/sbb-konzern/ueber-die-sbb/projekte/ausbau-schienennetz/projekte-mittelland-tessin/eppenberg.marketingurl_%2524%2524%2524eppenberg.html

Best regards

Manfred

tunneling forever
JohnGalt
Posted: Thursday, October 20, 2016 3:55:56 PM

Interesting, and puzzling. What was the hazardous material in the soil? How did it get there? Why is this happening inside a building? After the remediation is complete, what happens to the building?
Thanks in advance.
WCollins
Posted: Thursday, October 20, 2016 5:04:41 PM

JohnGalt wrote:
Interesting, and puzzling. What was the hazardous material in the soil? How did it get there? Why is this happening inside a building? After the remediation is complete, what happens to the building?
Thanks in advance.

It was formerly a hazardous waste landfill that operated between 1978 to 1985, the building was constructed over the site to contain the material and keep from exposing the surrounding area to the hazardous waste, It also allows them to have a negative air pressure inside the building to ensure that any airborne contaminants would not escape to the surrounding community. To my knowledge the containment building is still standing.

-William
Jack of all trades, Master of none.
Miniature Construction Models