DHS Diecast Discussion Forum
Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Members | Log In

Paying for photobucket. Options · View
MartinW
Posted: Thursday, January 12, 2017 7:28:27 PM

Groups: Member

I've used the free Photobucket for many many years but it's that bogged down with ads it's very slow.

Does anybody here that uses Photobucket pay to use the ad free version? If so is it any better?

Cheers in advance.

New UK based Scale construction forum.

www.scaleplantandconstruction.co.uk
Don L
Posted: Friday, January 13, 2017 9:12:50 PM

MartinW wrote:
I've used the free Photobucket for many many years but it's that bogged down with ads it's very slow.

Does anybody here that uses Photobucket pay to use the ad free version? If so is it any better?

Cheers in advance.

Martin,

I guess it all depends on what you use it for. I only use Photobucket to store pictures that I want to include in forum posts.

You are right about the ads, pop up windows, flash videos, being a huge pain. But since I just mainly log on to upload photos, once I get my photo URL, I don't go worry about going back in there until I need to put another picture in there.

Photobucket has always been very liberal on the bandwidth they allow users for free, so I have never had an issue with my pictures not displaying because of excessive views.

So for my use needs, I would never pay for something that I can get for free.

Now if you have a more professional need or application for the pictures that you store there, then it might be worth the price. I can't really say.
Cat345bl
Posted: Monday, January 30, 2017 10:06:38 AM

Personally based on my experiences on the free version I would not give PhotoBucket a single Penny. Their website is so corrupt and slow (I never had a website run so badly on my computer), and based on my bad experiences using the free version, I would never give upgrade to the premium version. Instead I would recommend using Flickr, you get 1TB of space before you have to upgrade, and I am far from filling up that space.

-Mike, Collecting 1/50th Construction Diecast Since 2003.
View My Collection Here, As of 03/29/24