DHS Diecast Discussion Forum
Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Members | Log In

Some different lowboys Options · View
Quinella
Posted: Saturday, March 25, 2017 12:34:24 AM

Groups: Member

Diggerrr; You mistake what I meant by "Beat this". I was just trying to find a cool American trailer and came across this one. They both, afterall, are used for the same purpose. My original comment was that I had never seen the "concept" of a sliding trailer over the axles here in America. Randy said they are used at many equipment rental companies. So I need to get out and find one here in Charlotte NC. I know about two axle trailers like small beavertails and pull behind trailers that use hydraulics to lower the rear end or tilt it. I would love a picture of an American trailer where the gooseneck remains intact and the trailer is sliding back over the axles. This ain't no pis**ng contest. We have such a poor selection of 1:50 lowboys to choose from, I love to find different variations and see if Chuck would make them. I would love a West Coast lowboy. Or a Renegade stretch like DCP does in 1:64th. An older Landoll would be neat. A new scraper trailer would be killer. A beam trailer would fly off the shelves. But I would love to see some accesories for the Sword lowboys, like jeep bolsters in two axle, and a stinger axle like one of those nitrogen used stingers. It seems like it took 20 years to get a flip. Smith was the only 3x3x3 and 2x2x2 we had for years. If a Cozad was made, it would sell out in hours. So my post is more about different trailers that we can get someone to manufacture into models.
ITmachine
Posted: Saturday, March 25, 2017 1:07:34 AM

rollback tagalong

This is the closest I've seen to that in the US. Not near as big, but the idea is the same.
johndeere4020
Posted: Saturday, March 25, 2017 8:29:46 PM

Several manufacturers make sliding axle tilt deck trailers stateside, Landoll is the most common
But there are plenty.
DOLPHIN
Posted: Sunday, March 26, 2017 4:57:17 PM

DOLPHIN
Posted: Wednesday, March 29, 2017 1:54:47 AM

Here is a different more detailed site for Martin Trailers SA:

http://www.grantgoreandsons.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=frontpage&Itemid=1

Dolph
Quinella
Posted: Monday, April 03, 2017 6:30:34 PM

Thanks Dolph. I just got back in town and saw your post. Those are really neat pics. I love that set of Martin trailers. Are you a driver or what? I see you live in Cape Town. Are your great whites bigger than Australia's !!!!!!!!
DOLPHIN
Posted: Thursday, April 06, 2017 8:56:58 AM

Craig

I owned a long distance transport company some years ago starting as a owner driver and then managed from home. But I have since closed down and retired and now keep myself busy with some projects from home of which this hobby is one. (Diecast Construction and Trucks)

The great whites here I believe are more or less same size as in Australia as they migrate between here and there - we've seen some very big one's around the Cape Peninsula including Cape Point, False Bay, Table Bay which is right at Cape Town city centre on the west coast and Gans Bay further to the east. Here are some info but if you google and youtube these area's referring to "great white shark" you will find endless info:

http://white-shark-diving.com/

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZWkyhB-tId0

Thanks for interest.

Dolph
DOLPHIN
Posted: Thursday, April 06, 2017 8:58:14 AM