DHS Diecast Discussion Forum
Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Members | Log In

random old iron pictures Euclid trucks and others Options · View
max
Posted: Tuesday, March 28, 2017 12:32:23 AM
Groups: Member

That's it for now.....
I'll get back later on whenever the darn technology decide to cooperate.....
Enjoy anyway!!
Max.

Cat 245.....Now and Forever

I am looking for industrial auction brochures from Ritchie Bros, Miller & Miller, Forke Bros, First Team Auction, Max Rouse, etc from the 70's, 80's and 90's.I am a collector and heavy equipment enthusiast and these pamphlets are loaded with nice pictures of cleaned and freshly painted equipment.Thet don't have much value once the sale is over but they are a great help to me in preserving the memory of machines that are no longer being built.Please, help my hobby by looking in your old storage boxes and file folders for these old auction sale brochures.Your help is much appreciated.
TBM
Posted: Tuesday, March 28, 2017 4:25:37 AM

Hello Max

Thank you for the wonderful pics of the old Euclids.

I remember me back 35 years in my school time when a friend and I ( we where 15 years old..... ) have driving a R-35 in a gravel plant near my home........My parents didn`t know this until today......

I hope you will post more pics......

Best regards

Manfred

tunneling forever
CDN Cat Power
Posted: Tuesday, March 28, 2017 6:16:51 PM

Great pictures ! Thanks for posting. I can almost hear the screaming Jimmies (Detroit diesels) now !

Yes I own a lot of Norscot Cat models they remind me of my many good years working for a Cat Dealer. Going out to the back forty after work playing with used equipment just moving dirt around
ulf
Posted: Tuesday, March 28, 2017 9:24:33 PM

Still among the best looking dump trucks / tractors around!
Cat345bl
Posted: Tuesday, March 28, 2017 9:39:44 PM

Best offroad trucks ever built period. Back when you did not need any electronics to get the job done. These trucks will run forever, the only thing that kills these trucks is rust. That Bottom dump in your pic, and the other ones around it are now working at a big Fedex Hub project in Allentown. They have a PC800 loading them.

-Mike, Collecting 1/50th Construction Diecast Since 2003.
View My Collection Here, As of 03/29/24

Basketball Man
Posted: Thursday, March 30, 2017 6:58:57 PM

Great pics of the old green iron.

-Ethan
Collection 8/2/2016
For more of the Diorama and my collection: On Facebook or On YouTube
Campmb
Posted: Thursday, March 30, 2017 9:25:12 PM

Great pics Max. As luck would have it I grew up not too far from the Euclid Road Machinery plant. I had a good friend whose dad worked in the design department. They had huge lot behind the plant that was just a sea of green. Haulers, bottom dumps, pans, dozers, loaders. I got to see them all. Sure was a sad time when they got sold off many times. The manufacturing buildings remain but others are in there. Thanks again Mike
61BG
Posted: Friday, March 31, 2017 8:48:24 PM

Max, Thank you once again for posting these. As Cat345bl stated "The best offroad trucks ever built Period" is right! The early trucks were the standard that Everyone else followed in off road trucks for literally decades.
They were only surpassed when Ralph Kress designed the Haulpak for Wabco, which were very advanced for the time, then everyone followed the Wabco/Kress design which in fact are STILL the bases for 90% off the trucks sold today.
I just love the old EUCS and I still call our Hitachis at work EUCS and the young guys just look at me in wonderment at what I mean! Thanks again MAX just fantastic stuff!!
max
Posted: Saturday, April 01, 2017 11:09:11 AM

Hi Guys,
All right, where do i start.....??!!
TBM,
Lucky you!!!
In my case, it was no less than 10 years after you that i got a chance to sit on a off road truck.....i went on a job with my foreman(i was working as a labourer in a heavy equipment repair shop) to do a "road test" on a Wabco 35 ton on a gravel pir and i had a chance to sit on the trainee's seat-i was 24 then.....
One year lates, i had a chance to practice on a Euc R-22 like the one on the last pic on my heavy Equipment operator course........

CDN Cat, i bet you can hear the screaming Jimmy on these trucks!!!'cause i was "outthere" looking at equipment and i could hear a Detroit engine from far away but getting closer when i started to look around to find out what it was when i caw the water truck on the 5th picture across the road, watering the roads on a landfill facility.

Campmb, you are pretty darn Lucky as well......The most interresting thing related to Equipment i had anywhere close when i was kid was the Cat dealer and i was too shy to ask anyone to take me there......

61BG, You probably read the same books than me because i remember reading somewhere that design of the Wabco dump trucks back in the early 60's pretty much set the standard of all the off road trucks builders for décades to come and still today, they still look very similar to back then.

Thanks a lot folks for the nice replys and interresting anecdotes.....
Max.

I am looking for industrial auction brochures from Ritchie Bros, Miller & Miller, Forke Bros, First Team Auction, Max Rouse, etc from the 70's, 80's and 90's.I am a collector and heavy equipment enthusiast and these pamphlets are loaded with nice pictures of cleaned and freshly painted equipment.Thet don't have much value once the sale is over but they are a great help to me in preserving the memory of machines that are no longer being built.Please, help my hobby by looking in your old storage boxes and file folders for these old auction sale brochures.Your help is much appreciated.
max
Posted: Sunday, April 02, 2017 1:06:39 AM

Here's a few more.....
Don't you guys ask me what happened to this one, i don't know!!

Plus a few more from other manufacturers......

That's it for now.....
More to come soon.
Regards.
Max.

digggerr
Posted: Monday, April 03, 2017 7:03:42 PM

Was this photo taken at Gerhart's?
max
Posted: Tuesday, April 04, 2017 8:14:08 PM

Was this photo taken at Gerhart's?[/quote]
you have a pretty good eye, my friend!!
Max.

Crazy797
Posted: Wednesday, April 05, 2017 9:43:01 AM

Comme d'habitude Max, une belle sélection de camions Euclid comme je les aime !!!
max
Posted: Saturday, April 08, 2017 1:06:55 AM

all right, a few more.....
Koehring dumptor

Terex 33-22

Euclid R-25

Cat 793C and my car(back in 2002)

Now, can anyone find out what's wrong with that Cat 769.....??

Enjoy!!Wink
Max.

Cat345bl
Posted: Saturday, April 08, 2017 1:55:55 PM

max wrote:
all right, a few more.....
Now, can anyone find out what's wrong with that Cat 769.....??

Its supposed to be Caterpillar not Caterpiller lol, my pic of the same truck from their 2013 truck show (I still remember how extremely hot it was that day for October).

-Mike, Collecting 1/50th Construction Diecast Since 2003.
View My Collection Here, As of 03/29/24