DHS Diecast Discussion Forum
Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Members | Log In

New Dodge Demon Options · View
logmax7000
Posted: Tuesday, April 11, 2017 10:44:24 PM

Groups: Member

For my car guys, just saw that they released the new Challenger Demon. The car is absolute nuts! 0-60 in 2.3 secs. What is your guys opinions on it?
ChandlerYohn
Posted: Wednesday, April 12, 2017 12:54:28 AM

A couple of things:

1. Can it turn?
2. Do they make it in 1:50?
3. Wow! Can this car sound any more AWESOME?!?

Thanks! Teeth

Instagram ChandlerYohn YouTube
DumpsterToy
Posted: Wednesday, April 12, 2017 11:08:36 AM

QUESTIONS HOW FAST DOES IT STOP, WHERE DO YOU USE AND OR NEED THIS TYPE OF SPEED. I AM NOT AGAINST THIS TYPE OF CAR, BUT I READ OF SO MANY YOUNG PEOPLE GETTING KILLED OR BADLY INJURED IN ACCIDENTS IN THEM. AS YOU PROBABLY CAN TELL BY MY REMARKS I AM NOT A SPRING CHICKEN, WILL CELEBRATE BIRTHDAY NO. 79 NEXT WEEK. HAVE WELL OVER A MILLION MILES BEHIND THE WHEEL WITH ONE SPEEDING TICKET, AND ONE CHARGEABLE ACCIDENT.

dumpster
Steveo
Posted: Wednesday, April 12, 2017 11:15:48 AM

My opinion......................this thing is nothing but SICK !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

However..............don't think I'll be getting one as I do believe my pacemaker would malfunction under this acceleration !!!!
dain555
Posted: Wednesday, April 12, 2017 12:10:18 PM

DumpsterToy wrote:
QUESTIONS HOW FAST DOES IT STOP, WHERE DO YOU USE AND OR NEED THIS TYPE OF SPEED. I AM NOT AGAINST THIS TYPE OF CAR, BUT I READ OF SO MANY YOUNG PEOPLE GETTING KILLED OR BADLY INJURED IN ACCIDENTS IN THEM. AS YOU PROBABLY CAN TELL BY MY REMARKS I AM NOT A SPRING CHICKEN, WILL CELEBRATE BIRTHDAY NO. 79 NEXT WEEK. HAVE WELL OVER A MILLION MILES BEHIND THE WHEEL WITH ONE SPEEDING TICKET, AND ONE CHARGEABLE ACCIDENT.

dumpster

First, happy birthday Dumpster, cherish those days one at a time my friend!! My dad passed at 79 just 3 months shy of turning 80 and my brother passed at 59 just 3 months shy of turning 60. Right now I dodged the 10 year, 2 week time frame that was the span of time between my dad and brother so I lasted that time from my brother's death. Now I just have to last longer than 10 years and 2 weeks after my mom passed, mom has been gone 9 years on April 22nd.

Second, I'm with you as far as all that speed I mean no one cares for the new crappy "muscle cars" today like we did growing up after all most of the good horsepower has been watered down because of emissions control and other junk the put on engines these days!!!

Dain

I'm a kid at heart, so I will play with any model construction vehicle from 1:87 scale to 1:1 scale!!!!

Age is a state of time NOT a state of mind!!
RMS Models
Posted: Wednesday, April 12, 2017 1:18:19 PM

dain555,

Have checked the specification of the Demon? Supercharged greater than 707 HP, nothing in the muscle car error competes with that !
logmax7000
Posted: Wednesday, April 12, 2017 2:11:29 PM

RMS Models wrote:
dain555,

Have checked the specification of the Demon? Supercharged greater than 707 HP, nothing in the muscle car error competes with that !

It's 840 hp, 770 lb ft tq, 140 mph 1/4 mile trap speed at 9.65 seconds, 0-100 in 5 secs, can't argue that! Still street legal, which means a lot of people will likely get killed because of all the power obviously. Either way, I think it's an amazing car, and it broke many records even since last night. I think it's more of a performance car, but since it counts as a Mopar, I guess they expect it to be a muscle car. If you would like, go on Dodges website and all the specs are there.

dodge.com

Quinella
Posted: Wednesday, April 12, 2017 2:34:31 PM

This is beyond absurd. Where do you drive that fast anyway? With some states now having a super speeder law that fines you $500.00 and up, why would you need it? The police will still catch you with radar, radios, and cell phones, and even helicopters. What about gas consumption? I love speed as much as most guys. I have had fast cars for decades. I now have a Mercedes E63 AMG with 525 HP. I goose it on the Interstates once in awhile. But my wife won't ride with me if I go over 80. Insurance rates would be sky high too. This is pure nonsense and good only for the drag strip. Waste of money and dangerous. Depreciation will kill it. Get smart American car makers.
RMS Models
Posted: Wednesday, April 12, 2017 3:14:33 PM

Quinella,

"Get smart American Car Makers"

Dodge is plenty smart, the Hellcat sold out on pre-orders, weren't even being made yet and at around $75,000.00 they had more orders than they could produce. I bet the same will be true for the Demon.
RMS Models
Posted: Wednesday, April 12, 2017 3:15:38 PM

logmax7000,

Curious, what is the difference between a "Muscle Car" and a "Performance Car"?
logmax7000
Posted: Wednesday, April 12, 2017 3:29:47 PM

RMS Models wrote:
logmax7000,

Curious, what is the difference between a "Muscle Car" and a "Performance Car"?

Sorry Randy, I may have worded that wrong. When I say 'performance car', I mean it is supercar level. No muscle car has ever been like this from factory, but nor was the Hellcat, even though it was a legit muscle car. So I apologize for that. The Demon is supercar level, although we don't know the top speed, I'm assuming it's much higher than the Hellcat, which was pegged at about 200. SRT was obviously focusing on weight reduction a lot, since it comes standard with only a driver's seat, (I find it kinda amusing that you can get the other seats for $2). The production numbers were around 3,300 right? Correct me if I'm wrong. It's definitely a car I would like to drive someday.
Quinella
Posted: Wednesday, April 12, 2017 6:48:25 PM

Randy: Dodge may be smart in your opinion because the cars have sold. But we hardly need a car going 180 mph on the streets. I say focus on better gas mileage or electric cars. We need mass transit more than anything. We are a hundred years behind the other developed nations with trains. The traffic jams in major cities are absurd. So where does this monster Dodge fit into a better transportation system for the masses? Nowhere. I say the US government should give the major automakers the rights to build the high speed trains and rail networks all over America. We could employ hundreds of thousands of people, improve the environment, and make transportation cheaper for all of us. I have seen it work in Europe and Asia. We need to give up our love affair with the auto and invest in our future. How many times to you see an early morning traffic jam with one person in each car? It's stupid. My son lives in Japan. He hasn't driven a car in 15 years. In a city of 250 thousand people, everyone takes the train to any place in the city. Or they ride bikes. And they walk. They still have cars, but don't drive nearly as much as we do.
gbarnewall
Posted: Wednesday, April 12, 2017 7:40:03 PM

That's a lot of power right there,but it seems to be the direction car manufacturers are going,I like the idea of car manufacturers offering a hi powered version of the car your nan drives,I grew up through my teens and 20's where Subaru WRX's Nissan Skylines and Mitsubishi evo's were king,I only wish I was growing up in the US during the 60's seeing the beauts from GM and Mopar,but no matter when or where there always seems to be a HP race,the first AMG E55 and M5 put out around 350hp and that was crazy back then,they'll be knocking on the door of 600hp very soon,Ferrari F40 and JAG XJ220 were about 500hp and now look at the P1 and Chirons 1500hp(bare in mind this is the first version so no doubt higher hp models will follow)

The one good thing that todays "muscle cars" have over yesterdays is safety,,they may boast 250hp+ more but 4 or 6 pot calipers all round hugging huge drilled and or vented discs,ABS,and other electronic nannying gubbins,crumble zones and multiple airbags,unfortunately more safety systems can lead to a disregard for "what if" which makes the speed at which you have your accident/loose control much higher

I liked the way Toyota and Subaru when releasing the GT86 and BRZ sold the car with narrow tyres,making the point at which the tyres lose grip a lot lower when pushed,

The one thing that deters or plain out stops a huge percentage of young people here getting hold of high powered cars is insurance costs,I'd like to know how insurance works in the US,here in Ireland its very harsh when you're young,I had friends back in the very late 90's paying £4500 for their policy on a 1300cc Corolla and that was if the insurance company didn't refuse you in the first place,another friend changed car mid policy to a Honda CRX,when time to renew his broker was quoted €17,000,so insurance costs here play a huge role in why 99.9% drive cars with engine capacities under 2000cc

Oh another question I was wondering about,while in Vegas at conexpo looking at all the big engined cars/truck on the strip was vehicle tax,here in Ireland you gotta have your car/truck/van taxed,road tax,is there an equivilant in the US, it was worked out on engine capacity up to mid 2008 then changed to emissions,I had an old 1300cc Corolla and had to pay €333 per year,a friend much later bought a 2004 BMW 735 and had to fork out €1600 per year

So could someone tell me how much it would cost for me to buy/tax and insure lets say a Charger R/T

Why is "phonetically" spelt with a "ph"?

... It's better to be silent and thought a fool, then to speak up and remove all doubt

The complex of Newgrange was originally built between c. 3100 and 2900 BC,[2] meaning that it's aproximately 5,000 years old. According to Carbon-14 dates,[3] it is more than 500 years older than the Great Pyramid of Giza in Egypt, and predates Stonehenge by about 1,000 years.

brian falcone
Posted: Wednesday, April 12, 2017 9:18:25 PM

dodge can build that car but they cant figure out how to stop the truck beds from rotting over the rear wheels....smh.
Redjack Ryan
Posted: Wednesday, April 26, 2017 10:32:36 PM

It is certainly an awesome car with an amazing amount of technology that goes into it! Cool Personally I think it would look better without the fender flares and instead going with an actual wide-body style on the rear for the wider drag-radial tires. I am happy with my Challenger Hellcat and won't be trading it in for a Demon! Angel

logmax7000
Posted: Wednesday, April 26, 2017 10:52:49 PM

You're a lucky man! Is your car wrapped or plasti-dipped or what? I love those Hellcats, but when I save up 100K, I'm buying a Z06. Teeth I agree with you it would look better without the flares also. It basically looks like a Liberty Walk Hellcat with a different hood.
Redjack Ryan
Posted: Thursday, April 27, 2017 5:12:41 PM

logmax7000 wrote:
You're a lucky man! Is your car wrapped or plasti-dipped or what? I love those Hellcats, but when I save up 100K, I'm buying a Z06. Teeth I agree with you it would look better without the flares also. It basically looks like a Liberty Walk Hellcat with a different hood.

It's wrapped in 3M Matte Deep Black vinyl. I love the Challengers because of the old-school muscle-car styling.