DHS Diecast Discussion Forum
Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Members | Log In

New CCM Cat 631K/637K scrapers are the cat's meowww! Options · View
ECOTITAN
Posted: Thursday, May 18, 2017 12:04:53 AM
Groups: Member

Just received my sample 631K and 637K scrapers the other day and boy are they something else. Flawless QC on these units. Extra detail all over the place, including hydraulic lines with little silver crimped ends on them. I know the new Cat tractor designs can be a bit polarizing for some, but the 630K series are much more "muscular" looking than the smaller 620K series, so that is something. This is going to be the future for all of the company's (Cat) new scraper designs so we might as well get use to it. I think CCM and the factory that built the new scraper models has certainly raised the bar for a diecast model of this type. Not taking anything away from the last 651B/657B releases, which are some of my favorites, but well, you'll see when you get your "K" units where the extra detail effort has been made.

And if these new scrapers were not enough, keep checking in on the CCM home website in the days to come for an announcement that I think a few of you will really appreciate.

ecotitan
Gavin84w
Posted: Thursday, May 18, 2017 9:17:25 AM

Agree 100% with your coments Eric, just recieved mine down under today and very happy with them. From the minute i saw pics of the first built units in the factory they just had a much better proportion to them than the 620K which look under tyred. Big girls should look great when they get to them.
Brian C
Posted: Friday, May 19, 2017 2:11:11 AM

Quote:
"And if these new scrapers were not enough, keep checking in on the CCM home website in the days to come for an announcement that I think a few of you will really appreciate."

Yes...I am certainly looking forward to this announcement EricApplause

When can we expect the update from G to K series for the 657's?
ECOTITAN
Posted: Friday, May 19, 2017 2:22:10 PM

I think Cat will have the first field test units of the 657K operational by the end of 2017 or there bouts. The 651K will start field testing in 2019 (originally to be in 2018 but pushed back due to budgetary reasons). Of coarse all this can change due to market (and Cat) whims!

ecotitan
Campmb
Posted: Sunday, May 21, 2017 10:47:17 AM

Finally got my computer going again so I thought I'd weigh in on the CCM K series pans. CCM really did up their game with these models. I know that we all get a little too critical of their product, but they do listen and continually improve. Mike
Dirtdude
Posted: Sunday, May 21, 2017 9:40:32 PM

I had time to open mine up real quick and they are really nice. Compared to my E series ones I noticed that all the K series movements (articulation, up, down etc.) are nice and smooth and then the rubber for the tires is very impressive and life like.

Now I just need to get my Murray scraper trailer done.

-Ryan-
logmax7000
Posted: Monday, May 22, 2017 12:36:36 AM

Awesome looking models for sure! Nice scraper trailer too Wink
Basketball Man
Posted: Wednesday, May 24, 2017 11:30:08 PM

My 631K came. It is a great addition. It is making my Ertl 631's look bad.

Look at all the details

-Ethan
Collection 8/2/2016
For more of the Diorama and my collection: On Facebook or On YouTube