DHS Diecast Discussion Forum
Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Members | Log In

T800 and custom Rogers Trailer Options · View
Scheggaboochee
Posted: Sunday, July 02, 2017 5:16:11 PM

Groups: Member

Has anyone ever noticed that as soon as they buy a certain car, they see that car everywhere? For example, I drive a Jeep Wrangler, I see them everywhere. Granted I know they are becoming very popular these days but still. Ever since I bought my first T800, I see them everywhere. I only have a model T800 but I am beginning to notice T800's all over my local area. T800 dump trcuks, tanker trcuks, heavy haul set-ups, etc. One of my favorites is the T800 dump trucks owned by Haynes Construction here in CT.

"/>

Its trucks like this make me wish the T800's would make a comeback and maybe comeback as a dump truck. Its just an idea but a boy can dream right!

Now for something I think is really cool, its a custom Rogers 3x4x3 built by Greg Bauer of Precision Scale Replicas. I know some of the features might not be the most realistic but it is what I asked for.

"/>

"/>

"/>

The 3 axle stinger has a lift axle on the front most axle set, the 4 axle Rogers retained all its features, and the 3 axle stinger includes a flip and lift axle. I know that you wouldn't see this in the real world but here in the model world, anything is possible.

"/>

"/>

"/>

"/>

All in all, the project took a total of 3, 4 axle Rogers trailers. The central trailer part remained true except for the stinger mount. 3 axles and a goose-neck went to the jeep while 3 more axles went into the stinger. You might be thinking that's only 6 axles, where are the other 2? They are right here..

"/>

Thanks for taking the time to view my lasted build and thanks to Greg for building it! Now lets get the 390 to the jobsite!!

-Jake

"/>

Quinella
Posted: Sunday, July 02, 2017 6:24:01 PM

Jake: Since you are seeing so many T800s they are probably getting boring to you. So I'll go ahead and take that model off your hands. You could buy something fancier!!! CAW
320dlrr
Posted: Monday, July 03, 2017 2:25:31 AM

Just wait Jake.... might be more T800s😉

-Keegan

RMS Models
Posted: Monday, July 03, 2017 8:37:53 AM

Scheggaboochee,

Nice model ! Can we see more photographs of your model room?
ChandlerYohn
Posted: Monday, July 03, 2017 9:34:03 AM

Wow Scheggaboochie that is a very sweet low loader with the jeep dolly and stinger. It would be great if a nice heavy haul trailer was produced for the North American market. I have tons of Euro and Aussie options, but other than the Neilson 3x3x3 I'm a bit limited.

Sword/WSI... Confused

Thanks so much for sharing. I love the workshop diorama as well. Do you have overhead cranes in the building?

Instagram ChandlerYohn YouTube
Scheggaboochee
Posted: Monday, July 03, 2017 10:56:48 AM

That isn't actually my diorama. That diorama/collection room belongs to Ed and Brandon Porter of Ed's Diecast Shed. They hosted an open house last weekend and I picked up the trailers there. I have a couple of photos from the open house and I'm sure I can ask Ed and Brandon for more pictures if you guys would like to see. My diorama is still in the works.

Thanks for the kind words on the trailers and I hope we will see something like this from WSI/Sword in the future!

-Jake
Quinella
Posted: Tuesday, July 04, 2017 5:06:43 PM

Yes, I'm certain Chuck will reissue the KW T800s sometime soon. It's a smart economic move on his part. Maybe we will get some different colors. I wish we could get the narrow hood version and get some better fenders. But I hope Chuck will surprise us with a different tractor/lowboy combination. But to invest in such a big venture to change and produce a new model is big money. It's just that in the 1:64th category, they have so many varieties of trucks and lowboys. They have jeeps and stingers too. They have flips and stretch lowboys. It's great. They just don't have enough construction equipment. But Chuck is the only game in town now. I'll bet my movie money I know what is coming though(not counting the T800s). CAW
zachattak2
Posted: Wednesday, July 05, 2017 1:33:35 AM

I would love to see more T800s done
Up until a few months ago (when the wildfires happened) the local guys ran all maroon T800s for dumps and a few custom painted T800 semi cabs in their fleet
so for me seeing red again or a maroon would be awesome especially if a dump version was made