DHS Diecast Discussion Forum
Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Members | Log In

Prayers to Texas Options · View
dain555
Posted: Thursday, August 31, 2017 11:53:51 AM

Groups: Member

I know we have several members here who live in Texas, hummer13 for one, hope y'all are OK Jason!! Please say some prayers for all involved in the Houston, Texas area and the whole East coast of Texas. Also I saw the some places that didn't get hit by Harvey are still getting flooded from the rising water downstream from the initial area of disaster.

Here's to a speedy recovery all and to our Texas friends please be safe!!!

Dain

I'm a kid at heart, so I will play with any model construction vehicle from 1:87 scale to 1:1 scale!!!!

Age is a state of time NOT a state of mind!!
SDBOB
Posted: Thursday, August 31, 2017 1:07:56 PM

Yes been praying. Our church is taking up collections. Wife volunteers at Red Cross many of office staff have left to go there.Can't imagine the impact,for a better word,to all.
hummer13
Posted: Thursday, August 31, 2017 5:54:39 PM

It is a very sad situation, we were lucky up here in dfw a cold front kept just about all the rain to our south. I do have several friends that did lose pretty much all they owned though. Now we are running out of gas prices jumped from $3.20 to $4.50 overnight

Nikl Scale Models
nikl scale models shapeways store
dain555
Posted: Friday, September 01, 2017 1:04:01 PM

Oh please remember, if you donate please be careful who/where you donate to as there are now scammers out there!!

Dain

I'm a kid at heart, so I will play with any model construction vehicle from 1:87 scale to 1:1 scale!!!!

hummer13
Posted: Friday, September 01, 2017 11:25:04 PM

dain555 wrote:
Oh please remember, if you donate please be careful who/where you donate to as there are now scammers out there!!

Dont donate to the red Cross they only give pennies on the dollar to people in need.

Nikl Scale Models
dain555
Posted: Saturday, September 02, 2017 11:21:52 AM

hummer13 wrote:
dain555 wrote:

Dont donate to the red Cross they only give pennies on the dollar to people in need.

I've heard that and they charge the people for coffee, food and such. After the 2016 Louisiana flooding I read about many not so good stories about what the Red Cross did during relief efforts.

I my self am 100% prepped for any problems here in Florida!! My significant other and I each have a "bug out bag" with enough rations for 2 weeks along with water, fishing gear, a rifle for hunting/protection and ammo, plus other survival stuff prepped in case. It's been 12 years since we have been hit by a major storm here. We're old school people who have gone camping in tents with no electric and only source for cooking is a campfire!!

Dain

hummer13
Posted: Saturday, September 02, 2017 12:55:04 PM

If you want to donate look up JJ Watts charity

Nikl Scale Models
SDBOB
Posted: Monday, September 11, 2017 4:36:50 PM

Funny you guys mention the $ made at Red Cross. Talked to a girl whose dad worked for them,he retired got disgusted with organization. We give at Salvation Army.JJ WATT is doing a very good thing.