DHS Diecast Discussion Forum
Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Members | Log In

Ltm11200 Options · View
Scheggaboochee
Posted: Thursday, September 21, 2017 12:01:39 AM

Groups: Member

Just got my LTM11200. Absolutely incredible model! It's massive, stands at around 100 inches tall out of the box. I just have a few points I'd like to make..

1) the winch drum on mine does not lock into place like it should. It's just spins freely and will not hold any sort of weight. I have contacted NZG but I am open to any suggestions you guys might have on how to fix it.

2) do any of you guys know where I can find the YCC etch kits for it. I believe they make 3 kits- YC672 is for the standard jib that comes with the crane, YC669 is for the luffing jib and YC670 is for the 36m extension. YCC also makes additional counterweights. Are those worth the price and does anyone know where to get them?

3) I've been told that the YCC metal cylinders for the 11200 are a must have as well. Are there any other "must haves" that you guys have on your 11200's?

I would love to see all of your marvelous 11200's down below! Thanks for the input guys, I appreciate it!
-Jake
ChandlerYohn
Posted: Thursday, September 21, 2017 1:40:27 PM

Hi Scheggaboochee, congrats on your new purchase. The YCC accessories do add detail, but it's really up to you on whether the cost of components is justified when comparing the additional detail.

YCC makes solid components and I really like the various details added so I took the plunge. The base model is excellent in its own regard. The plastic lift cylinders do detract somewhat as the colour match is not as good as the painted metal cylinders.

As for finding parts, I would go straight to the source: Chou at YCC, info@yccmodels.com

Otherwise, you can try a Google search and see what comes up, but shipping from multiple vendors can add up. Best of luck in your decision and your hunt if you decide to go that route.

I hope this helps. Take care and all the best.

Instagram ChandlerYohn YouTube
Scheggaboochee
Posted: Sunday, September 24, 2017 1:32:40 PM

Here is a quick update on my 11200. I have fixed the winch problem thanks to Ian at Cranes Etc! Winch drum was missing it's spring. My other problem I face is that 2 of the 4 outriggers do not work. 1 is completely missing the ball joint at the end and the other fell off in the box. Neither one will unscrew like the other side. Need some help. I've contacted NZG but am still awaiting reply
Thanks guys
-Jake
CmdrByron
Posted: Monday, October 02, 2017 11:28:48 AM

For the outriggers, mine were "stuck" when I first received my own LTM11200. I used a pair of rubber coated needlenose pliers to grip the small bit of silver showing, and applying firm pressure in rotation (CW if looking down from the top of the outrigger to the bottom). Have you tried re-gluing the ball joint that fell off? There should be a few spares in one of the bags in the top tray as well.