DHS Diecast Discussion Forum
Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Members | Log In

IMC Models news - Demag AC700! Options · View
heavyload
Posted: Sunday, October 22, 2017 6:40:41 PM

Groups: Member

V8dieselpower wrote:
I visited the IMC headquarters last week and had a little chat with the guys.
Free coffee and very friendly guys, scored a few nice B-choice models for a good price but in all honesty they have no idea what they are doing.
The whole wharehouse is stacked with models nobody is really waiting for, I don't know about you guys or the european collectors like me for that matter but who is waiting for another different colored goldhofer model produced well over 10 years ago?
They have a Hyundai licence now and they produced a 1:87 heavy duty forlift. The stock they had sold out in a matter of days and when I asked if there was a chance to see one in 1:50 they replied there is no demand for one.
I have been looking for a nicely detailed heavy duty forklift for years now and except the Kalmar one from MLB Models / Motorart there is nothing to be found.
I think anybody with a diorama, be it heavy haulage, cranes, a container yard or just as a load on a truck, everybody can use a decent forklift.

I really like the end of your second phrase.

Luc.
ChandlerYohn
Posted: Sunday, October 22, 2017 7:04:56 PM

V8 DieselPower, there is also the Konecrane heavy forklift as well, which is more robust than the Kalmar variant. It would be excellent to see more options in this sector though.

Take care and all the best.

Instagram ChandlerYohn YouTube
digggerr
Posted: Sunday, October 22, 2017 9:11:18 PM

On a related note; does anybody know if the new Liebherr pipelayer is an RL 56 or 66?

GuyM
Posted: Monday, October 23, 2017 4:56:43 AM

Digggerr,

As per "Laster & Bagger" magazine Facebook page, the pipelayer should be a RL66: "Mit Bildern von zwei kommenden Modellen, versüsst uns Henk van Melzen den Wochenstart: Der Liebherr RL66 kommt von IMC, der Volvo EC950E bekannterweise von WSI."

Regards.
Guy
Paul R
Posted: Thursday, September 27, 2018 7:24:59 AM

First impressions of the IMC Models Demag AC700:

Paul R
Tim Clamp
Posted: Thursday, September 27, 2018 8:44:01 AM

I Have pre-ordered the Mammoet AC700

Tim Clamp
Paul R
Posted: Thursday, September 27, 2018 9:20:07 AM

Tim Clamp wrote:
I Have pre-ordered the Mammoet AC700

I haven't but I will soon.
ChandlerYohn
Posted: Thursday, September 27, 2018 11:16:35 AM

This looks like an incredible addition to the heavy crane line-up. The inclusion of the book on the history of the machine is first class. The mainboom will also be made of aluminum, similar to the WSI standard which will give a realistic profile when extended.

A quick overview of google images indicates there are a lot of potential liveries for this model, so it will be interesting to see what the future holds.

IMC are hoping to have it released for Bauma 2019. I am really looking forward to it.

Instagram ChandlerYohn YouTube
modelmaniac
Posted: Thursday, September 27, 2018 12:20:48 PM

Wow.This may be the best 1/50 model crane,ever.It will be fully functional,AND,it will be packed,with details.I am definitely getting one.Guaranteed,they wont be around,for long.They may become very hard/expensive to get hold of,in the future.Well done,IMC.Applause
Paul R
Posted: Thursday, September 27, 2018 1:47:25 PM

Davie82
Posted: Monday, October 01, 2018 5:20:29 AM

This is amazing. I'm sure some of us remember Tomreh's amazing AC700 models that he made from Conrad AC500 parts, and much like his scratch-built LTM1500 this will become a proper diecast model.

I really hope the cost is not prohibitive as I'd very much like to own one of these. I was thinking about buying an AC500 again and this is even better!

Thanks for sharing, Paul!
Paul R
Posted: Wednesday, October 02, 2019 12:48:03 PM

There seems to have been very little interest or excitement on this forum about the forthcoming AC700 by IMC Models, especially compared to social media and other European forums.

With that said, here are some photos from Hansebube:

Photos courtesy of Andreas (AndiH)

With some luck I get mine this week!

Paul R

Uzair
Posted: Wednesday, October 02, 2019 2:37:41 PM

I'm also interested in this crane but not in the Mammoet colors - ideally in Sarens livery Smiley

modelmaniac wrote:
Wow.This may be the best 1/50 model crane,ever.It will be fully functional,AND,it will be packed,with details.I am definitely getting one.Guaranteed,they wont be around,for long.They may become very hard/expensive to get hold of,in the future.Well done,IMC.Applause

What would you gents rate this AC700 model compared to similarly sized cranes for example the LTM 1400 from YCC? Paul please share you impressions once you get your AC700 Teeth
Alberta Millwright
Posted: Wednesday, October 02, 2019 6:38:52 PM

I agree Paul the crane side of this forum is all but dead. I am not a Demag fan but this could be a nice one to add to the collection!

A Millwright..... in Alberta.
JohnGalt
Posted: Wednesday, October 02, 2019 8:07:36 PM

The "cookie" side of this forum has been pretty quiet, and this fabulous model has very quietly flown under the radar. However: I'm really glad that it has. I've seen far too many other models that get hyped way too early, only to have the (customary and normal) manufacturing and shipping delays lead to endless bashing and criticism, to the point that when the model finally does arrive, it is met with little, to none, of the excitement it deserves. (F250 comes to mind.)
Thank you for your continued enthusiasm for the hobby, Paul. I've taken a 7-year, or so, hiatus from my models. Between moving, having kids, and having my wife's cats take their toll on a few, it's been impossible to spend proper time on the lifty things. Life is progressing, and becoming more stable and predictable, and I'm getting the itch to jump back in. Let's see, I'll have some catching up to do - AMK1000, a bunch of LTM1500s, a few more LTM1800s, an LTM1400, and now maybe one or two AC700s...

This crane looks fantastic. I love the Mammoet livery, and have plenty already, so I'm hoping to see what comes after Sarens.
Davie82
Posted: Thursday, October 03, 2019 5:48:02 AM

I've been following it on social media. It looks amazing in these photos, even though I've never been a fan of Mammoet colours. My favourite AC700 by far was the De Kil livery, which is very similar to Van Marwijk. I'm pretty sure the AC700 will sell out based on the interest in social media.
Paul R
Posted: Thursday, October 03, 2019 7:25:23 AM

Uzair wrote:
.....Paul please share you impressions once you get your AC700 Teeth

You know I will Wink

JohnGalt wrote:
......Let's see, I'll have some catching up to do - AMK1000, a bunch of LTM1500s, a few more LTM1800s, an LTM1400, and now maybe one or two AC700s...

This crane looks fantastic. I love the Mammoet livery, and have plenty already, so I'm hoping to see what comes after Sarens.

Yes life can takeover sometimes, that is for sure. But it will be good to see you back in the game again! You might want to add the LTM1750-9.1 to that list that will come from WSI early 2020.

Davie82 wrote:
I've been following it on social media. It looks amazing in these photos, even though I've never been a fan of Mammoet colours. My favourite AC700 by far was the De Kil livery, which is very similar to Van Marwijk. I'm pretty sure the AC700 will sell out based on the interest in social media.

Yes it has been received well so far so I think you right in that the first run will sell quickly. There are of course plans for others Wink

Paul R
mastertoolman
Posted: Thursday, October 03, 2019 3:13:09 PM

Hello all. FYI for those in North America. I live in the Greater GTA of Toronto and just received notice that my Mammoet AC-700 has arrived and is sitting on my kitchen table! Can`t wait to get home tonight! I would say others can expect deliveries soon.
Paul R
Posted: Thursday, October 03, 2019 4:15:16 PM

mastertoolman wrote:
Hello all. FYI for those in North America. I live in the Greater GTA of Toronto and just received notice that my Mammoet AC-700 has arrived and is sitting on my kitchen table! Can`t wait to get home tonight! I would say others can expect deliveries soon.

Yes mine arrived today. It’s a fantastic model! The accompanying book is a nice read with some good photos. Sadly, despite being very well packed, mine arrived damaged so has to go back. Very gutted as I’ve been involved in this project for a long time and was really looking forward to the final result.

Paul R
Paul R
Posted: Thursday, October 03, 2019 5:19:50 PM

More photos from Hansebube:

Photos courtesy of Andreas (AndiH)