DHS Diecast Discussion Forum
Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Members | Log In

CCM 992Bs Options · View
Weserhutte
Posted: Friday, April 06, 2018 9:46:56 PM
Groups: Member

Has anybody received them? What are your opinions on the finished product?
Kevin Bridle
Posted: Saturday, April 07, 2018 5:14:43 PM

Hi,
I got mine a week ago in the UK, very nice piece, much more of the quality of a 988 than a 992c, paint is good, colour is deep and even, The bead less version looks great especially from the front, CCM got their !!!! together with this one. I have the normal version but looked at the beadless version too, too pricey for both but for CCM a good return to form and a real novelty for me, no damage which is more than I can say for the last two I got from DHS. Recommended
admin
Posted: Monday, April 09, 2018 12:09:01 PM
Groups: Administration

Kevin - are you talking about the two purchased in 2010?? We never heard about a problem?

Chuck
Cat-966C
Posted: Saturday, April 14, 2018 8:28:36 PM

CCM makes a fantastic job with these great Wheel Loader.Applause

Regards
Markus S.
"Nothing can stop a Caterpillar"
Kevin Bridle
Posted: Sunday, April 15, 2018 6:47:40 PM

Yes Chuck, That's correct,

I guessed they were ok when they left you but were damaged in the trip across the pond, rather than risk further damage sending them back i repaired them my self, small time stuff like hand rails, mudguards, as I have had models arrive from yourselves in perfect order my comment was directed at the build quality of the CCM Die-cast (which at times are poor) and the postal service.

regards
Kevin
DKS
Posted: Saturday, April 21, 2018 4:38:36 AM

Dex
Posted: Saturday, April 21, 2018 11:33:04 PM

DKS wrote:
Got my 992 b today , they sure screwed up on the arms ,they are notched out and look stupid!!!

Can you expand on this? I don't know what you mean, can you provide photos of the comparison?

CCM does mess stuff up on prtty much every model. The early 245 they did had pretty inaccurate cabs, and the top of the engine bay is pretty awful too. Some great models, but some aren't worth the money.
admin
Posted: Tuesday, April 24, 2018 11:28:08 AM
Groups: Administration

Guys,

As someone who has worked hard to design a scale model to match a real machine, you have to be realistic with your expectations. First of all, there are a multitude of variations even on a brand new model from Cat. CCM bases a scale model on drawings and photos they receive from Cat and they do a ton of research on the actual model to insure it is as close as possible to the real machine.

If something is "missing" from the scale model, it certainly is possible it was forgotten, but many times there are other reasons why. It could be that the part was not included in the original drawings or on that variation of the machine. If the machine is new, somethings things are changed from the original but are not caught in the modeling process. It could also be that the cost to include the part outweighs the benefits of including it. It could be that the factory did not include the part in the sampling process and it was too expensive to go back and add it. It could be that the item was in the sample but the factory screwed up and did not include it in the final package. These are just a few reasons and there are many, many more.

My opinion is that if the model is 95% correct, then you have a good model. I know there are "rivet counters" out there who will disagree with me but that is my opinion.

Also consider the price of the models. CCM diecast models are more expensive because they do not make large numbers of them. They are limited quantity and high quality models. They are not always perfect but in my opinion, they are a great value for your money. Also consider they are the only ones making models of some of the items you like from the Caterpillar line.

Enough defending CCM. This process is the same for other model makers as well!

Let's hear your opinions! It has been too quiet around here.

Chuck
DKS
Posted: Tuesday, April 24, 2018 12:30:21 PM