DHS Diecast Discussion Forum
Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Members | Log In

Conrad Kobelco SK500LC-10 (Updated 11-30-18) Options · View
Cat345bl
Posted: Friday, April 27, 2018 9:28:32 PM
Groups: Member

Don't know if anyone seen this yet, but Kobelco unveiled their 1/50 SK500LC-10 at Intermat 2018 earlier this week in Paris. Looks like a great model, and it will be interesting if a version is done in North American yellow colors down the road. I will be definitely be getting this one in 2018.

-Mike, Collecting 1/50th Construction Diecast Since 2003.
View My Collection Here, As of 09/21/23

SJDownes
Posted: Saturday, April 28, 2018 7:32:50 AM

modelmaniac
Posted: Saturday, April 28, 2018 9:57:39 AM

Knowing Conrad's build quality,it will be mostly metal,robust,and the movement/functionality will be good.Its on my list of 'must haves'.Teeth Looks good,in the photo,but there are probably pleasant surprises.
maxcavator
Posted: Saturday, April 28, 2018 10:02:18 AM

Good news, I hope Kobelco keeps releasing models in 1/50.
It looks like finally, they have someone in their promotions department who understands the Diecast collecting hobby.
SJDownes
Posted: Sunday, April 29, 2018 2:08:53 PM

All future releases from Kobelco should be in 1:50th scale and there are several already in development for later this year and Bauma next year

Miniature Construction World on Facebook
Miniature Construction World on Twitter
sjd@miniature-construction-world.co.uk
Cat345bl
Posted: Sunday, April 29, 2018 10:22:23 PM

Steven, thanks for the update I will hold off until the yellow version comes out. This looks like Conrad's best excavator model to date. I agree too that Kobelco is really try to get a stronger presence in this hobby, and now I finally think they understand the popularity of 1/50th scale. Other then the Blade Runner that they have in development it will be interesting to see what other new excavators models that they have lined up.

HCF
Posted: Monday, April 30, 2018 2:22:41 AM

I may have to get one of these as my first conrad model.

-Jason
YouTube
Timberline Thinning Company
My Photostream

max
Posted: Thursday, May 03, 2018 1:03:18 PM

Although i am not too big on modern stuff, i gotta admit this one looks great then, the 40-50 ton excavator class not being the most represented in 1/50 this one will be welcome!!
Max.

Cat 245.....Now and Forever

I am looking for industrial auction brochures from Ritchie Bros, Miller & Miller, Forke Bros, First Team Auction, Max Rouse, etc from the 70's, 80's and 90's.I am a collector and heavy equipment enthusiast and these pamphlets are loaded with nice pictures of cleaned and freshly painted equipment.Thet don't have much value once the sale is over but they are a great help to me in preserving the memory of machines that are no longer being built.Please, help my hobby by looking in your old storage boxes and file folders for these old auction sale brochures.Your help is much appreciated.
Cat345bl
Posted: Monday, June 18, 2018 11:10:22 PM

Appears that the North American version is now available in Europe.

Quinella
Posted: Tuesday, June 19, 2018 12:47:59 AM

Dang, I have an order in for the blue, but now I think the yellow will suit just fine. Conrad makes quality. CAW
Cat345bl
Posted: Friday, November 30, 2018 10:30:22 PM

Mine came in the other day that I had preordered from DHS, and figured I would take some quick pics of it. It is a well done model by Conrad and may be their best excavator to date. One neat feature of the the model is that the tracks can be extended or retracted for transport. This my 6th excavator from Conrad (planning on adding a Liebherr R954C, and possibly a Link-Belt 800X2 to the fleet), and I may consider getting the teal version in the near future. Hope they will have the opportunity to do more Kobelco models in the future especially cranes.

Tracks Retracted

Tracks Extended

Quinella
Posted: Saturday, December 01, 2018 12:20:28 AM

Yes, I got mine a month ago and love it. I had ordered the teal, but changed in mid-course. Glad I did. Conrad makes great models. Though I love my WSI Volvo and Hitachi TMC models, they don't have the quality of a Conrad. I do have the Linkbelt 250 Long Reach, the NZG Volvo, and the Conrad Terex 225. Of all Conrad ranks highest to me. But what do I know, I'm a truck nut. CAW
sd90
Posted: Saturday, December 01, 2018 12:59:01 AM

Hi Quinella,

If you go to Kobelco web site they have a fan shop I registered with them last year ,the send all there updates to you
Also recived a nice cap from them.
Just thought I wold let you know.
Leon.
Quinella
Posted: Saturday, December 01, 2018 12:02:51 PM

Thank you Leon. CAW
Cat345bl
Posted: Sunday, December 02, 2018 1:30:14 AM

Quinella wrote:
Yes, I got mine a month ago and love it. I had ordered the teal, but changed in mid-course. Glad I did. Conrad makes great models. Though I love my WSI Volvo and Hitachi TMC models, they don't have the quality of a Conrad. I do have the Linkbelt 250 Long Reach, the NZG Volvo, and the Conrad Terex 225. Of all Conrad ranks highest to me. But what do I know, I'm a truck nut. CAW

Conrad (and pre China NZG) does make the best construction and crane models out there. Around 2004 Conrad really started to improve their products and manufacturing techniques allowing their models to have the best range of movement, and quality out there. I have too many problems with Chinese manufacturers (Norscot, ERTL, First Gear, and Motorart) with cylinders not holding any posses, and metal tracks breaking, and have decided to stick to Conrad, even if I have to buy obscure brands or foreign types/configurations of equipment. Conrad's trucks are also good too, although companies like WSI, TWH, and Sword really started to produce the trucks that collectors demanded while having very decent quality from their facilities in China.

Quinella
Posted: Tuesday, December 04, 2018 6:40:35 PM

Cat345bl wrote:
Quinella wrote:

Conrad (and pre China NZG) does make the best construction and crane models out there. Around 2004 Conrad really started to improve their products and manufacturing techniques allowing their models to have the best range of movement, and quality out there. I have too many problems with Chinese manufacturers (Norscot, ERTL, First Gear, and Motorart) with cylinders not holding any posses, and metal tracks breaking, and have decided to stick to Conrad, even if I have to buy obscure brands or foreign types/configurations of equipment. Conrad's trucks are also good too, although companies like WSI, TWH, and Sword really started to produce the trucks that collectors demanded while having very decent quality from their facilities in China.

How about these TMC excavators like the Hitachi and the Doosan? This guy in China named "min-2015" has a good reputation, but I don't know about the quality of the Doosan or the new Hitachi Zaxis 225. I also look for great company names on the excavators. I don't want a Liebherr though. I would love a larger Terex excavator, larger than their 225. Any suggestions? CAW
Exkvate3140
Posted: Tuesday, December 04, 2018 9:29:10 PM

Quinella I have a suggestion, design and manufacturer one you tight wad. I have have a couple of other suggestions for you also but this isn’t the proper forum.
RI
Quinella
Posted: Tuesday, December 04, 2018 10:19:52 PM

Exkvate3140 wrote:
Quinella I have a suggestion, design and manufacturer one you tight wad. I have have a couple of other suggestions for you also but this isn’t the proper forum.
RI

Back off your meds again huh? I think I'll go with another Hitachi, maybe that 870 in Mammoet colors. It will take a home equity line though. CAW
Exkvate3140
Posted: Wednesday, December 05, 2018 12:19:34 AM

Quinella I’m never off my meds that’s why I’m so happy. Instead of taking out a line of credit on your home why don’t you just sell one of those 3 Smart cars you own. You will probably get the most scratch out of the mint green one with the wide bicycle tires and the purple lights on the frame. That Hitachi will look good being pulled by one of those WSI Volvo VN780’s. WAC
Quinella
Posted: Wednesday, December 05, 2018 1:11:43 AM

Exkvate3140 wrote:
Quinella I’m never off my meds that’s why I’m so happy. Instead of taking out a line of credit on your home why don’t you just sell one of those 3 Smart cars you own. You will probably get the most scratch out of the mint green one with the wide bicycle tires and the purple lights on the frame. That Hitachi will look good being pulled by one of those WSI Volvo VN780’s. WAC

I bet you drove a pink Volvo. Besides, it couldn't pull a Hitachi 870, only a Kenworth could. Why don't you move over there and stick your finger in one of those dykes. Bet you've already done that here in the USA!!! CAW