DHS Diecast Discussion Forum
Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Members | Log In

WSI/Sword Lowboy Question? Options · View
Claus
Posted: Tuesday, July 17, 2018 1:01:31 PM

Groups: Member

Is the lowboy in this link the Bright Red like the Peterbilts or the Darker, more Rusty Red lie the T800Ws? Anybody know? Sent DHS an email but haven't heard back yet.

WSI Lowboy

I know the photo shows the Bright Red but I have been fooled before on these, but not from DHS.
Barkerjoh
Posted: Tuesday, July 17, 2018 1:27:41 PM

if it is like the first runs then it is bright red.
Quinella
Posted: Tuesday, July 17, 2018 2:29:50 PM

Craig: The serial number indicates that it is the first run, so it is bright red. The rusty reds only came in the second run of the four axle KWs. The bright reds came with the Macks and Peterbilts, but for some reason the factory changed colors on the KWs to the rusty red. I asked Chuck about this when I got my first rusty red Kenworth. I was ticked off because it doesn't fit with any cherry red tractor. I would buy one of the three axle reds from Chuck. As for the four axles, your best bet is to buy one of the Petes or Macks with the cherry red lowboy, break it out, and resell the tractor. You may take a loss, but if you want the cherry four axle, or even the black, you may have to do this. I did. I have my black Mack on Ebay right now. I'm hanging on to my cherry reds. I will say that the rusty reds go well with the single silver/gray Petes or the single white Petes. Good luck. Craig
Claus
Posted: Tuesday, July 17, 2018 9:25:34 PM

At first I was skeptical of the WSI Peterbilts and lowboys, I was afraid they had been cheapened up too much with their plastic wheels and wasn't sure what else. I have since bought 3 Petes and lowboy combos and an additional 2 lowboys. I love the much brighter chrome on the WSI trucks over the older Sword/TWH versions, really makes them pop. Aside from my two extra lowboys being the wrong color Red for me these new WSI trucks are every bit as nice or nicer than the TWH/Sword versions.
Quinella
Posted: Tuesday, July 17, 2018 10:05:02 PM

Claus wrote:
At first I was skeptical of the WSI Peterbilts and lowboys, I was afraid they had been cheapened up too much with their plastic wheels and wasn't sure what else. I have since bought 3 Petes and lowboy combos and an additional 2 lowboys. I love the much brighter chrome on the WSI trucks over the older Sword/TWH versions, really makes them pop. Aside from my two extra lowboys being the wrong color Red for me these new WSI trucks are every bit as nice or nicer than the TWH/Sword versions.

No, no, no. You're a Communist!!!!!!!!
Claus
Posted: Thursday, July 19, 2018 10:33:13 AM

Quinella wrote:
Craig: The serial number indicates that it is the first run, so it is bright red. The rusty reds only came in the second run of the four axle KWs. The bright reds came with the Macks and Peterbilts, but for some reason the factory changed colors on the KWs to the rusty red. I asked Chuck about this when I got my first rusty red Kenworth. I was ticked off because it doesn't fit with any cherry red tractor. I would buy one of the three axle reds from Chuck. As for the four axles, your best bet is to buy one of the Petes or Macks with the cherry red lowboy, break it out, and resell the tractor. You may take a loss, but if you want the cherry four axle, or even the black, you may have to do this. I did. I have my black Mack on Ebay right now. I'm hanging on to my cherry reds. I will say that the rusty reds go well with the single silver/gray Petes or the single white Petes. Good luck. Craig

How do you read the numbers to tell the run or color?
Quinella
Posted: Thursday, July 19, 2018 1:27:16 PM

Going out the door for vacation. Read Ebay item numbers on WSI Rogers lowboys by cat5130 and gamushang as they always lists the serial numbers. The last two digits tell you which runs, like "24, 25 ,27" were all second runs. Gotta go. Craig