DHS Diecast Discussion Forum
Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Members | Log In

Any suggestions? Ycc ltm 1400 with luffing jib. Options · View
rdestefano
Posted: Thursday, September 13, 2018 8:37:25 AM
Groups: Member

Ya it was a disaster Dave. I'm happy I decided to post on this forum though. I am also very grateful for people on here who listen and care. This was my last resort so I have my fingers crossed that it all works out or I will be buying another 1400 with luffing jib once I have enough money saved. ( ugh I hate that drunk idiot) If i get this sorted out I'm going to save money and try to find and buy a YCC ltm 1800 with luffing and derrick. The luffing and derrick I can find but the crane itself has been difficult.
dain555
Posted: Thursday, September 13, 2018 1:29:46 PM

Uh, one final suggestion I might make, I'd give the drunk friend the bill for the replacement parts or the new 1400. After all it was his drunk butt that caused the damage. I know if my stuff is damaged by an inconsiderate person like that they would be paying for the replacement parts or model whether they knew what they were doing or not. But then again that's what I would do, if it's a close friend of yours then you might handle it differently.

Hope you get it sorted out for your liking and all turns out well.

Dain

I'm a kid at heart, so I will play with any model construction vehicle from 1:87 scale to 1:1 scale!!!!

Age is a state of time NOT a state of mind!!
rdestefano
Posted: Thursday, September 13, 2018 3:19:32 PM

She makes $10 an hour and is a single mom she could never pay me back. She is my girlfriends friend, I never liked her and definetly don't like her now. All that aside accidents happen, if she felt bad all would be forgiven. When she does not care and actually at one point laughs... shes made an enemy.
dain555
Posted: Friday, September 14, 2018 1:26:37 PM

I hear ya, but I'm the type of person that thinks if she is a single mother then she needs to spend her time and money on her kid(s) and not out getting drunk, I'm sorry. My first wife was like that, spent more time and money out drinking than she did at home or after we split up with my daughter. My ex even had my daughter at the bar with her numerous times!! My upstairs neighbor is the same, has her kid living with her but from Thursday to Sunday the kid is pawned off on friends or with the father while the woman goes out drinking and what ever coming in somewhere around 2am and waking us up!!! This woman has even had the kid up at that 2am too!!

Sorry for the rant, but I was raised that if you have kids at home then you need to be with them as a parent (not a "friend"). Hope you can get things sorted out and you can get the crane fixed. If you need any other tips to help you make things easier give me a shout, I have done lots of model building and I am a model railroader too so I've picked up a lot of things that help make models look better and in some cases work better too!!! Good luck my friend!!

Dain

I'm a kid at heart, so I will play with any model construction vehicle from 1:87 scale to 1:1 scale!!!!

rdestefano
Posted: Friday, September 14, 2018 7:27:16 PM

hey Dain, she does the same thing. Pawns off the child every weekend so she can party. It makes the kid seem like an inconvience on her life. I did have a modeling question, maybe you have a suggestion. If you look at the photo of the broken boom head you can see it is slid into the boom and glued. If I were to get another boom head replacement would you have any suggestions on how to release the existing glue and slide out the broken boom head without damaging the thin telescopic boom section? I guess the best would be to get the entire last boom section with head attached as a replacement, but I would be greatful for any replacement parts I get.
dain555
Posted: Friday, September 14, 2018 9:30:27 PM

You might be able to apply some heat to it to cause the glue to soften and then carefully remove the tip. Another thing is to try using some nail polish remover that is made of Acetone, the Acetone softens the glue too, I think they use a type of soup-her glue (as Ian from cranes etc calls it). And if you get really careful (and do it outside) you could use a combination of heat and Acetone, as I said be careful as Acetone is very flammable!!! I'd try the heat first using a Bic cigarette lighter and using pliers to work it apart. May need a paint touch up but that shouldn't be bad as the boom section looks either satin or flat black.

Hope this helps!! I know I'm talking using a cigarette lighter but I try to keep them handy for modeling and I use them for paracord projects. I'm also a former smoker, been smoke free for 9+ years now!! I like the mini Bic lighters best!!

Dain

rdestefano
Posted: Friday, September 14, 2018 11:46:58 PM

Thanks Dain!
Cranes Etc
Posted: Saturday, September 15, 2018 9:26:20 AM

dain555 wrote:
I think they use a type of soup-her glue (as Ian from cranes etc calls it).

Her name is Sue Perglue! Smile

http://www.CranesEtc.co.uk
http://www.Twitter.com/CranesEtc
http://www.YouTube.com/CranesEtcTV
Cranes Etc on Facebook
rdestefano
Posted: Saturday, September 15, 2018 10:28:44 AM

Complete.... out of the box.
dain555
Posted: Saturday, September 15, 2018 1:18:23 PM

Cranes Etc wrote:
dain555 wrote:
I think they use a type of soup-her glue (as Ian from cranes etc calls it).

Her name is Sue Perglue! Smile

Thanks Ian my friend, I couldn't remember right off hand.

Dain