DHS Diecast Discussion Forum
Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Members | Log In

My small collection in models 1:50 - Caterpillar DW20 EMD Options · View
frusso
Posted: Wednesday, October 03, 2018 7:34:23 AM

Rank: Advanced Member
Groups: Member

Joined: 9/21/2003
Posts: 769
Location: Brasil
Exkvate3140
Posted: Wednesday, October 03, 2018 1:38:43 PM
Rank: Advanced Member
Groups: Member

Joined: 7/6/2015
Posts: 500
Felipe I know what you mean about the young ones I had 4 that were all about a year apart and they just gravitate to the models, I had to buy the Ertle models for my son to keep him out of trouble. I only had one incident with them at my old house, I had a small diorama in the basement and my wife let my oldest daughter (age 7 at the time) and my nephew the same age go down there. My wife said not for more than 5 minutes. I went down and there was a pile of diecast about 15-20 of them in the middle of the diorama, about 5 of them with real damage and the rest nicked up. To this day I still wake up mad at my wife.
A shot of your complete scraper collection would be nice, can you send your wife and son to Disney World for a week (he won’t even think about your diecast while he is there) and then hop up on the dining room table and get that shot. I’m just trying to think of ways to see the entire collection together. Only kidding, it’s good to know the young ones are interested, keep him involved.

Do you have any of the Conrad 769 end dumps to go with the CCM one. They are not as detailed but they are nice models I have a couple of them. I’m gonna have to do a late 60s early 70s earthwork diorama for the older Conrad and NZG models.
Think about scraper collection photo.
Steve
frusso
Posted: Thursday, October 04, 2018 3:53:23 AM

Rank: Advanced Member
Groups: Member

Joined: 9/21/2003
Posts: 769
Location: Brasil
Exkvate3140 wrote:
Felipe I know what you mean about the young ones I had 4 that were all about a year apart and they just gravitate to the models, I had to buy the Ertle models for my son to keep him out of trouble. I only had one incident with them at my old house, I had a small diorama in the basement and my wife let my oldest daughter (age 7 at the time) and my nephew the same age go down there. My wife said not for more than 5 minutes. I went down and there was a pile of diecast about 15-20 of them in the middle of the diorama, about 5 of them with real damage and the rest nicked up. To this day I still wake up mad at my wife.
A shot of your complete scraper collection would be nice, can you send your wife and son to Disney World for a week (he won’t even think about your diecast while he is there) and then hop up on the dining room table and get that shot. I’m just trying to think of ways to see the entire collection together. Only kidding, it’s good to know the young ones are interested, keep him involved.

Do you have any of the Conrad 769 end dumps to go with the CCM one. They are not as detailed but they are nice models I have a couple of them. I’m gonna have to do a late 60s early 70s earthwork diorama for the older Conrad and NZG models.
Think about scraper collection photo.
Steve


Steve, for sure if I have a chance on future I'll send this pic for you!

I do not have any Conrad 769. I do not have much models in my collection Steve, just some nice models...
frusso
Posted: Thursday, October 04, 2018 3:55:07 AM

Rank: Advanced Member
Groups: Member

Joined: 9/21/2003
Posts: 769
Location: Brasil
Now a 769B from CCM

P_20170806_075655_vHDR_On by Felipe Russo, no Flickr

P_20170806_075649_vHDR_On by Felipe Russo, no Flickr

Exkvate3140
Posted: Thursday, October 04, 2018 9:42:17 AM
Rank: Advanced Member
Groups: Member

Joined: 7/6/2015
Posts: 500
Felipe from what I have seen they are all impressive, especially your customs.
Steve
frusso
Posted: Friday, October 05, 2018 5:09:53 AM

Rank: Advanced Member
Groups: Member

Joined: 9/21/2003
Posts: 769
Location: Brasil
frusso
Posted: Saturday, October 06, 2018 2:57:08 PM

Rank: Advanced Member
Groups: Member

Joined: 9/21/2003
Posts: 769
Location: Brasil
This will be my last post on next 5 days. I'll be out, but you will see more when i come back.
Caterpillar 834 from CCM

P_20170806_075632_vHDR_On by Felipe Russo, no Flickr

P_20170802_152318_vHDR_On by Felipe Russo, no Flickr

P_20170802_152308_vHDR_On by Felipe Russo, no Flickr

P_20170802_152301_vHDR_On by Felipe Russo, no Flickr

P_20170802_152254_vHDR_On by Felipe Russo, no Flickr


Dex
Posted: Saturday, October 06, 2018 3:55:06 PM

Rank: Advanced Member
Groups: Member

Joined: 9/12/2012
Posts: 340
Location: San Diego, California
I wish CCM would sell that cab by itself. The only way to get one is with a 988, and they are way too expensive when they rarely come up for sale. So I'll have to make one out of brass.
Exkvate3140
Posted: Saturday, October 06, 2018 8:08:04 PM
Rank: Advanced Member
Groups: Member

Joined: 7/6/2015
Posts: 500
Felipe nice pictures of the NZG and CCM models.
Now what am I supposed to do for the next five days if you are not going to be posting, your going to make me talk to my wife now thanks a lot buddy.
Steve
frusso
Posted: Sunday, October 07, 2018 6:07:08 AM

Rank: Advanced Member
Groups: Member

Joined: 9/21/2003
Posts: 769
Location: Brasil
Dex wrote:
I wish CCM would sell that cab by itself. The only way to get one is with a 988, and they are way too expensive when they rarely come up for sale. So I'll have to make one out of brass.


A long time ago I talk with CCM about possibility to do accessories for some models.For example, do the D8Ks with removable cab and ripper. so they would be able to sell spare parts to every one do what want to do.
So we decide do it for our self here in Brazil. We will do some rops cab for 998 and 834 models and we are thining to do some things for future D9G. It will spend time because now we are working hard in some rollers prototypes and soon on TS14,24 and 32!
frusso
Posted: Sunday, October 07, 2018 6:07:39 AM

Rank: Advanced Member
Groups: Member

Joined: 9/21/2003
Posts: 769
Location: Brasil
Exkvate3140 wrote:
Felipe nice pictures of the NZG and CCM models.
Now what am I supposed to do for the next five days if you are not going to be posting, your going to make me talk to my wife now thanks a lot buddy.
Steve


Teeth Teeth Teeth Teeth Teeth Teeth Teeth Teeth
frusso
Posted: Monday, October 15, 2018 10:40:39 AM

Rank: Advanced Member
Groups: Member

Joined: 9/21/2003
Posts: 769
Location: Brasil
I am back!
Caterpillar 966C from ARPRA!

P_20170806_072514_vHDR_On by Felipe Russo, no Flickr

P_20170806_072509_vHDR_On by Felipe Russo, no Flickr

P_20170806_072502_vHDR_On by Felipe Russo, no Flickr

P_20170806_072457_vHDR_On by Felipe Russo, no Flickr

Exkvate3140
Posted: Monday, October 15, 2018 12:27:26 PM
Rank: Advanced Member
Groups: Member

Joined: 7/6/2015
Posts: 500
Felipe, thank God my wife was actually trying to get me to go to the movies. I told her unless it is “Kill Dozer” your out of luck.
Great pictures of the 966 I have one of those, it is a great model.
Steve
frusso
Posted: Tuesday, October 16, 2018 6:20:50 AM

Rank: Advanced Member
Groups: Member

Joined: 9/21/2003
Posts: 769
Location: Brasil
frusso
Posted: Wednesday, October 17, 2018 4:17:18 AM

Rank: Advanced Member
Groups: Member

Joined: 9/21/2003
Posts: 769
Location: Brasil
Caterpillar 983 with close cab and ripper from CCM

P_20170806_075731_vHDR_On by Felipe Russo, no Flickr

P_20170806_075718_vHDR_On by Felipe Russo, no Flickr

P_20170806_075710_vHDR_On by Felipe Russo, no Flickr

IMG_20170801_160747 by Felipe Russo, no Flickr

IMG_20170801_160735 by Felipe Russo, no Flickr

Exkvate3140
Posted: Wednesday, October 17, 2018 12:38:42 PM
Rank: Advanced Member
Groups: Member

Joined: 7/6/2015
Posts: 500
Felipe that 983 is a nice looking model. Do you have an NZG version, and if so how does it compare in size to the CCM.
Thanks
Steve
frusso
Posted: Wednesday, October 17, 2018 11:03:18 PM

Rank: Advanced Member
Groups: Member

Joined: 9/21/2003
Posts: 769
Location: Brasil
Exkvate3140 wrote:
Felipe that 983 is a nice looking model. Do you have an NZG version, and if so how does it compare in size to the CCM.
Thanks
Steve


Steve, I would like see a pic from both together. I don't have one NZG...
frusso
Posted: Wednesday, October 17, 2018 11:06:43 PM

Rank: Advanced Member
Groups: Member

Joined: 9/21/2003
Posts: 769
Location: Brasil
Exkvate3140
Posted: Thursday, October 18, 2018 10:46:04 AM
Rank: Advanced Member
Groups: Member

Joined: 7/6/2015
Posts: 500
Felipe I will send you some pictures of the NZG 983, but I don’t know if it will do any good. I will put them together with a Conrad dump truck and maybe it will give you some idea of the scale. The open ROPS give the machine a totally different look from the enclosed cab, they are both very nice models.
Steve
frusso
Posted: Saturday, October 20, 2018 6:23:51 AM

Rank: Advanced Member
Groups: Member

Joined: 9/21/2003
Posts: 769
Location: Brasil
Users browsing this topic
Guest


Forum Jump
You cannot post new topics in this forum.
You cannot reply to topics in this forum.
You cannot delete your posts in this forum.
You cannot edit your posts in this forum.
You cannot create polls in this forum.
You cannot vote in polls in this forum.

SoClean Theme Created by Jaben Cargman (Tiny Gecko)
Powered by Yet Another Forum.net version 1.9.1.8 (NET v2.0) - 3/29/2008
Copyright © 2003-2008 Yet Another Forum.net. All rights reserved.