DHS Diecast Discussion Forum
Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Members | Log In

Ken Eder Options · View
admin
Posted: Monday, December 17, 2018 12:48:33 PM
Groups: Administration

Hello all,

We have received word over the weekend that Ken Eder, fellow collector and equipment enthusiast has died in a tragic accident. Ken's business involved railroad services and he was at a derailment when it happened.

You will remember Ken as the guy who hosted the Ederville 100 Years of Progress Show annually in North Carolina. He has the largest collection of Don Campbell models in the world and also probably one of the finest collections of Steam Powered equipment anywhere. Ken hosted the HCEA show last year (2017) at his place and was instrumental in saving hundreds of pieces of real equipment and amassing one of the largest collections of just about everything construction-related that I have ever seen.

We have heard a rumor that the show will still be on for 2019 and a new building that Ken had in the plans will still be added to show off the collection.

We send our best wishes to his wife and family during this terrible time and we hope you keep them in your prayers as well.

Chuck
Exkvate3140
Posted: Monday, December 17, 2018 2:28:31 PM
Groups: Member

Chuck terrible news I followed your blog when you posted about his show.
Thoughts and prayers go out to his family especially this time of year.
Steve
frusso
Posted: Monday, December 17, 2018 2:52:28 PM

admin wrote:
Hello all,

We have received word over the weekend that Ken Eder, fellow collector and equipment enthusiast has died in a tragic accident. Ken's business involved railroad services and he was at a derailment when it happened.

You will remember Ken as the guy who hosted the Ederville 100 Years of Progress Show annually in North Carolina. He has the largest collection of Don Campbell models in the world and also probably one of the finest collections of Steam Powered equipment anywhere. Ken hosted the HCEA show last year (2017) at his place and was instrumental in saving hundreds of pieces of real equipment and amassing one of the largest collections of just about everything construction-related that I have ever seen.

We have heard a rumor that the show will still be on for 2019 and a new building that Ken had in the plans will still be added to show off the collection.

We send our best wishes to his wife and family during this terrible time and we hope you keep them in your prayers as well.

Chuck

Really bad news Chuck. God bless his family...
dain555
Posted: Tuesday, December 18, 2018 12:48:48 AM

R.I.P. Ken, it is a great loss to the model collection world as well as the railroad community. Prayers to the family and friends of this good man.

Dain

I'm a kid at heart, so I will play with any model construction vehicle from 1:87 scale to 1:1 scale!!!!

Age is a state of time NOT a state of mind!!
Barkerjoh
Posted: Tuesday, December 18, 2018 1:38:29 AM

Yes most def prayers and thoughts. Rest In Peace brother