DHS Diecast Discussion Forum
Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Members | Log In

Hitachi 1000K Demo excavator Options · View
Quinella
Posted: Thursday, January 03, 2019 4:32:31 PM

Groups: Member

I see one of these on Ebay is by NZG. Does anyone know how it compares to the WSI 870 in quality? They are both made in China, probably by the same manufacturer. AND, for Kenneth and other experts, how in the world would you break down one of those long booms and sticks to transport? Thanks in advance for any info. CAW
modelmaniac
Posted: Thursday, January 03, 2019 5:59:30 PM

I have the WSI 870,and the NZG 1000k.The 870,I think,is a far better model,in terms of small details,and accepting 'upgrades'.Attachments,such as hitches.Rock buckets,any other buckets.The 1000k,is solid,well built,heavy.I have put 984 undercarriage on one,and it will reach out quite far,with the long boom,which does not break down.When fitted with the three piece boom,it can handle heavier shears.I would recommend them both,but the 870,in my opinion,is a better model.
Quinella
Posted: Thursday, January 03, 2019 6:19:54 PM

Thank you maniac!! I love my 870 with shear in Mammoet livery. That 1000k is tempting, but it may be unbalanced. Did you substitute the 984 for that purpose or just to make it reach further? What then did you put under your 984?
modelmaniac
Posted: Thursday, January 03, 2019 6:46:32 PM

The 984 ended up being a parts doner,the boom was painted orange and put on a 1000k,to make it a mass excavator.Doesn't look right,so it will be changed,in the future.So both booms could be for one machine,with the wider undercarriage.The 984 was a perfect fit for the 1000k,as it was unbalanced,at full reach with high reach demo boom.It can now reach,swing,and take heavier attachments,with no problems.
Exkvate3140
Posted: Thursday, January 03, 2019 8:44:22 PM

Quinello to break down the long boom and stick see if you have a Dremel in the garage with a 3/32 drill bit take the end of the cord with the two metal prongs and stick it in the electrical outlet. Turn the drill on and carefully drill the rivets out, you may need a pair of very very thick glasses to see these rivets. Also you may need to put on a hair net to keep the hair out of your eyes, no wait you can skip that step. Once the rivets are out use the five finger crane and put both pieces on one of your thousand trailers you have sitting in your bedroom yard. One thing while in the garage be very careful not to scratch the Smart car. And lastly make sure you get permission from your wife to use the Dremel power tool and also to go cross townhouse with three rigs.
Good luck and let me know how you do if you accept this mission. I personally think that if you try this you will probably end up taking the tracks off, but that is just my opinion.
Your friend in RI
Quinella
Posted: Friday, January 04, 2019 8:29:21 PM

Exkvate3140 wrote:
Quinello to break down the long boom and stick see if you have a Dremel in the garage with a 3/32 drill bit take the end of the cord with the two metal prongs and stick it in the electrical outlet. Turn the drill on and carefully drill the rivets out, you may need a pair of very very thick glasses to see these rivets. Also you may need to put on a hair net to keep the hair out of your eyes, no wait you can skip that step. Once the rivets are out use the five finger crane and put both pieces on one of your thousand trailers you have sitting in your bedroom yard. One thing while in the garage be very careful not to scratch the Smart car. And lastly make sure you get permission from your wife to use the Dremel power tool and also to go cross townhouse with three rigs.
Good luck and let me know how you do if you accept this mission. I personally think that if you try this you will probably end up taking the tracks off, but that is just my opinion.
Your friend in RI

Look salami lips: I'm asking how a real boom is broken down and transported. Back in the basement until further notice. CAW
Exkvate3140
Posted: Sunday, January 06, 2019 2:38:21 AM

Oh Craig I’m sorry.
Salami with sharp provolone and roasted red pepper lips