DHS Diecast Discussion Forum
Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Members | Log In

Western Star 4700 Tractors! Options · View
Quinella
Posted: Wednesday, January 16, 2019 3:56:32 PM

Groups: Member

Claus wrote:
Quinella wrote:
I also would love a stepdeck. Tonkin is too small for these I bet. Claus order a dark red version to go with the dark red Western Star!. I hope the WSs are as good as the IHs. I don't yet have the IH lowboys. Can anyone comment on their quality, detail, configuration...etc CAW

Too small?? Are you high again?? I have one of them behind an A. Smith 1/48 Mack CH600. And I’m not a Western Star fan no matter what color.

Put a picture of it on The Forum. Smith is 1/48. Tonkin s 1/53. That's over 10% difference. The wheels should look much smaller and there would thus be a slant on the stepdeck. Make me a believer!!!!
Claus
Posted: Wednesday, January 16, 2019 4:00:49 PM

I will this evening. At work right now.
Exkvate3140
Posted: Wednesday, January 16, 2019 9:28:57 PM

Hey believer the DM lowbeds are not good, they are not much better than when Norscot made them. However the stingers are not bad. You will not like the lowbed because when you unload your iron you will first have to use your hand crane to take the load off, set it to the side then again with the hand crane turn the Lowbed over and turn the the screw till the Lowbed is able the be released from the deck then turn everything right side up and then drive your iron back on the Lowbed so you can now unload it properly, unless you put it back with the hand crane and then unload it up to you. The only good thing about it is that you unload on carpet so when you turn the lowbed upside down you will not scratch it. Hope this helps.
RI