DHS Diecast Discussion Forum
Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Members | Log In

Nelson Ramp Trailer revisted Options · View
Quinella
Posted: Thursday, April 04, 2019 3:50:35 PM

Groups: Member

Okay all you wise guys, including Chuck. Remember when you all said that the Sword Nelson Ramp trailer was designed just right. I told you that the wheels were too big on the trailer, thus making the ramp hard to load equipment because it was too high of an angle. Now look at this guy's custom work on his Nelson. It looks more like the real ones. So Chuck, Ken, and that Rhode Island numb skull, see what it should look like.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Peterbilt-357-w-Nelson-ramp-trailer-Custom/123652627711?ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT&_trksid=p2060353.m1438.l2649

I'll be waiting for you apologies for treating me so badly!!!!!
kokosing Const Co
Posted: Thursday, April 04, 2019 3:59:56 PM

Can't stand that guy, such a jackoff with multiple personalities. He gipped a few people on auctions too.
kcmtoys
Posted: Thursday, April 04, 2019 5:23:50 PM

Quinella wrote:
Okay all you wise guys, including Chuck. Remember when you all said that the Sword Nelson Ramp trailer was designed just right. I told you that the wheels were too big on the trailer, thus making the ramp hard to load equipment because it was too high of an angle. Now look at this guy's custom work on his Nelson. It looks more like the real ones. So Chuck, Ken, and that Rhode Island numb skull, see what it should look like.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Peterbilt-357-w-Nelson-ramp-trailer-Custom/123652627711?ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT&_trksid=p2060353.m1438.l2649

I posted the real trailers showing what the rear angle was, you must not have been paying attention that day. HaHa!d'oh!

Quinella
Posted: Thursday, April 04, 2019 6:29:32 PM

kcmtoys wrote:
Quinella wrote:

I posted the real trailers showing what the rear angle was, you must not have been paying attention that day. HaHa!d'oh!

Oh no you don't try that one Mr. Kenneth. You were talking about a real Nelson. You said you could let air of the bags and reduce the height 6 to 8 inches. Then you talked about the suspension. I had said that the Sword model wheels were too big and you couldn't load a piece of equipment with that angle. You and that birdbrain in Rhode Island gave me all sorts of grief!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! And Chuck, you should be ashamed of making fun of me. Karma can be awful boys. CAW Mr. Know it all about trucks.
Exkvate3140
Posted: Friday, April 05, 2019 1:48:58 AM

Q you really are getting old, I said for a guy that really knew so much about the trucking industry from running from one end of the townhouse to another with the Nelson ramp trailer for over 10 years it was sad that you never knew the forward axle lifted, does that ring a bell (I would never question you on design, a trucker who has logged over 1 million carpet miles). Then came the name calling, numb skull, birdbrain and me being the very sensitive gentleman that I am, I Miss am truly hurt. When you wake up from your 15th nap today I would like an apology and maybe one of those unopened boxes that you have forgot about. Oh by the way after reading that very nice description and rant from that seller, is he related to you.
Hurt in RI (02857 my zip code, certain goodies received in the mail could make all my hurt go away)
admin
Posted: Friday, April 05, 2019 12:38:03 PM
Groups: Administration

All I can tell you is that I personally visited the yard at Tesar Industrial Contractors in beautiful Cleveland, Ohio way back when and it was pouring rain and muddy. I took about 600 photographs and measured every inch of that ramp trailer including the wheels and tires. I was a lot younger then and my eyes were better. I believe I measured the wheels and tires correctly and they look dynamite on the Sword Model. The ramp with the designed in dip on the rear of the loading area sure looks correct to me!!

Chuck
Quinella
Posted: Friday, April 05, 2019 2:33:37 PM

Well I'm not buying it from you three. I remember Randy Smolenack saying the wheels on the real trucking were smaller. And Kenneth, try an underground mine hauler on the ramp of the Nelson model. It won't go up without dragging the rear end. No cheating with boards to raise the ramp either. Q's Truck Consulting, Inc
Barkerjoh
Posted: Friday, April 05, 2019 3:31:24 PM

Don't worry Ken a few boards never hurt anyone. Chuck that nelson I have does indeed look great and my 908 loader and 420 rolls up quite fine big tires and all.
Cubanb343
Posted: Friday, April 05, 2019 3:55:17 PM

Those lower profile tires make that trailer look even better than it did before. Same as the 4 axle Rogers lowboys vs the 3 axle. I’d buy 100 of those wheel & tire sets if I could
admin
Posted: Friday, April 05, 2019 4:43:48 PM
Groups: Administration

Q - Who pulls an underground loader with the Nelson Ramp? You can load any roller or heavy forklift truck with ease! Just jabbing at you big guy!

Chuck
Quinella
Posted: Friday, April 05, 2019 7:02:35 PM

admin wrote:
Q - Who pulls an underground loader with the Nelson Ramp? You can load any roller or heavy forklift truck with ease! Just jabbing at you big guy!

Chuck

Posted: Tuesday, August 07, 2018 11:50:01 AM

Quinella wrote:
It is a Nelson trailer with one major difference. the wheels on the Sword model are too large. You cannot roll any equipment up those ramps at that angle. You could load from a ramp at a warehouse or put wood blocks under the existing ramps. But if you look at the real Nelson, the wheels are smaller. I love the Wendt version with red and white. You can put the Pete cab with a cherry red four axle flip and it looks perfect. So you could have one Pete and two trailers. I have the red Pete too. Craig

Also, the model axles are spring loaded. In real life, you would be able to dump the air from the air bags and lower the height 6-8 inches. I saw a real trailer in Detroit once and it looked and measured out about right. That trailer was hauling a Versalift forklift. I think these trailers are better suited for larger forklift transport. I had the Cat Underground loader on mine. It went up and down the ramp ok, and would axle out fine around the Great Lake States.Whistle Teeth Ken

So Mr. Sword. Look at the quote above from one of our most revered members. Har, Har, Har
Claus
Posted: Friday, April 05, 2019 8:20:45 PM

Quinella
Posted: Friday, April 05, 2019 10:01:25 PM

PERFECT Claus: See those trailer wheels are smaller than the tractor. Har, Har, Kenneth, Chuck, and meathead. Wonder what that trailer in the first picture could haul in tonage/ CAW
Cubanb343
Posted: Friday, April 05, 2019 10:58:05 PM

The one with all the axles could haul a lot, but only in a straight line
Exkvate3140
Posted: Saturday, April 06, 2019 3:03:41 AM

Q I bet your Smart car would make it up that ramp with no problem at all, and I bet your sheep and gerbils would have no problem either especially if they were running scared. Again with the name calling “meathead”, I’m now crouched in a corner holding a custom Husky lowbed shacking uncontrollably. You sir should be ashamed of yourself and send me some of those Kwhoppers you have on eBay. As soon as I stop shacking I will go out and check my mail. I think Ken and Chuck also deserve some mail from you also.
Hurt again on the same post from RI
Cubanb343
Posted: Monday, April 08, 2019 1:46:01 PM

I put the calipers on the tires yesterday. 22mm for the ones on the Nelson ramp. 20mm on the new 4axle lowboys. Chuck, anyway you could sell a ton of the 20mm tire & wheel sets?!
Claus
Posted: Monday, April 08, 2019 2:58:30 PM

Cubanb343 wrote:
I put the calipers on the tires yesterday. 22mm for the ones on the Nelson ramp. 20mm on the new 4axle lowboys. Chuck, anyway you could sell a ton of the 20mm tire & wheel sets?!

I wonder if you could use Tonkin 1/53 or some 1/64 wheels, might be worth a try.
Cubanb343
Posted: Monday, April 08, 2019 10:26:00 PM

I will check it out. Thanks to this thread, I got one of the Nelson ramp trailers back out of its box.