DHS Diecast Discussion Forum
Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Members | Log In

10 years ago and a week or two..... Options · View
Paul R
Posted: Saturday, February 15, 2020 1:24:27 PM

Groups: Member

.....saw the 1:50 Mammoet LTM 11200-9.1 being delivered to collectors and what a discussion it caused both in the lead up to the 1:50 Liebherr LTM 11200-9.1 and delivery of the model. Amazing that this model still continues to this day.

Roll forward 10 years and a week or two and the Mammoet LTM 1750-9.1 is now being delivered to collectors! Coincidence or what?

But one of the biggest things I’ve noticed is the distinct lack of interest on this forum about this model. Almost nothing has been said or discussed which for me as a collector of 1:50 cranes is quite sad but perhaps a sign of the times? I could say things have moved to social media but then 2-3 of the European forums have been discussing this and the AC700 to quite an extent. Why it hasn’t been here I don’t know.

Only thing I can think of is that the crane side no longer has cookies! Wasn’t it BobM who coined the phrase “Come to the crane side. We’ve got cookies!”

I for one am looking forward to the LTM 1750-9.1 and hopefully my Mammoet version will arrive next week :d/

Paul R
modelmaniac
Posted: Saturday, February 15, 2020 3:20:34 PM

I personally love the new cranes,they are incredibly detailed.They are as close to the 1/1 machines,in terms of functionality,as they can be.Very good work by model manafacturers. This is reflected in the price,not saying they are too expensive,but,for me,I would have to have at least two support trucks,per crane.This would then end up,along with shipping from somewhere,a very big solo purchase.So I can only drool over those,nice,bright pics,of yours!Teeth
Alberta Millwright
Posted: Saturday, February 15, 2020 8:46:54 PM

I been looking forward to this model for a few years for sure! I have kind of gave up on this site as the crane collectors seemed to be few and far between. I get my crane news updates from other sites now that seem to post a lot more info. It's not easy being a crane collector nowadays with the costs of everything and the shape of the local economy around here at least! I have a couple of these Mammoets on order for myself and a collector friend. I still appreciate the pictures you post Paul as I have to live through you since I can't afford every version of these models! Although I have noticed you slowed down on the 11200's?

A Millwright..... in Alberta.
Paul R
Posted: Sunday, February 16, 2020 11:51:35 AM

Alberta Millwright wrote:
......Although I have noticed you slowed down on the 11200's?

Yes I have. Space and other financial obligations being the main drivers for this. Though doubtless I’ll end up with a few AC700’s and LTM1750’s.

Paul R
lefty91101
Posted: Sunday, February 16, 2020 12:29:17 PM

I think the social media platforms stepped in for the lack of enthusiasm on here. Then again, as I was typing that even the Facebook groups seemed to lack the enthusiasm about the 1750 as well. I still search daily for new pictures all over the .com- and still impatiently waiting for the next liveries to drop. Lol
Paul R
Posted: Sunday, February 16, 2020 2:50:09 PM

lefty91101 wrote:
I think the social media platforms stepped in for the lack of enthusiasm on here. Then again, as I was typing that even the Facebook groups seemed to lack the enthusiasm about the 1750 as well. I still search daily for new pictures all over the .com- and still impatiently waiting for the next liveries to drop. Lol

Obviously factory Liebherr and Mammoet now done. BKV also coming soon. I know of 2-3 others being planned but no idea when.

Paul R
Alberta Millwright
Posted: Sunday, February 16, 2020 3:32:12 PM

I also noticed the lack of toy fair coverage on here. NZG didn't really have any new crane liveries announced which was a disappointment. Paul do you know the link that shows the BKV 1750 announced, I couldn't find it on their facebook? I am hoping that Colonia gets announced for the 1750 but not right away as I myself have other financial obligations now!

Paul R
Posted: Sunday, February 16, 2020 4:13:37 PM

I also noticed the lack of toy fair coverage on here........Paul do you know the link that shows the BKV 1750 announced, I couldn't find it on their facebook?

Yes that is also true!

There was one photo of Facebook that I saw. It was on a Chinese collectors page and I can’t seem to post a link.

Paul R
Paul Crane
Posted: Sunday, February 16, 2020 6:25:11 PM

Unfortunately, I got married when the Mammoet LTM 11200 came out. So I never got one, being low on $. I'm looking forward to the LTM 1750. I'd like to see an All Crane LTM 1750 like the one in the video that CraneDude posted on Youtube. I just got the Mammoet AC 700. It has an excellent book that comes with it. The new LTM 1090 models are also nicely detailed. I don't have much $ left after buying the Baldwins LTM 11000D. Please keep the pictures coming Paul.
lefty91101
Posted: Sunday, February 16, 2020 11:52:39 PM

JohnGalt
Posted: Monday, February 17, 2020 12:14:52 AM

Paul, I agree that it's disappointing that these PHENOMENAL cranes are now available as PHENOMENAL models. I've been budget-limited for a few years, so I am in "need" of at least one LTM 1500, an AC700, and now an LTM 1750. If it weren't for you and your pictures here, I'd have no idea how beautiful they are.
Maybe I'll just cash out my retirement savings and blow it all before the Covid-19 gets us all. Think
Paul R
Posted: Monday, February 17, 2020 5:53:01 AM

JohnGalt wrote:
Paul, I agree that it's disappointing that these PHENOMENAL cranes are now available as PHENOMENAL models. I've been budget-limited for a few years, so I am in "need" of at least one LTM 1500, an AC700, and now an LTM 1750. If it weren't for you and your pictures here, I'd have no idea how beautiful they are.
Maybe I'll just cash out my retirement savings and blow it all before the Covid-19 gets us all. Think

Lets hope that don't happen!

I will continue with my photos though highly unlikely to be every company colour released!

Paul R
Davie82
Posted: Monday, February 17, 2020 7:05:27 AM

The NZG 11200 was groundbreaking for truck crane models. The level of detail, build quality, and sheer size of the model really set the standard at the time.

I'd agree that there's a lot less crane interest on this forum. and HB in particular is quite a crane-focused forum.

Look forward to your pics of the 1750 in Mammoet nevertheless!
cranedude07
Posted: Monday, February 17, 2020 11:45:31 AM

I check in here every once in a while but I think everyone has turned to social media for the most part. It's just alot quicker and easier to post all your photos on facebook or Instagram than it is here. Dont have to post them on one site, copy and paste the image code in here, and post it. I'm sure 95 percent of the people in this forum are on some type of social media by now. Also think it has to do with life takes over. I know my model stuff has slowed down alot ever since I started working in the crane biz, 4 years ago. Just dont have the time like I use to. It's been about a year or more since I last bought a crane honestly, but my 1750 should arrive mid week, unfortunately I'm going out of town for work for a week and I dont know if I'll be here to get it before I leave, otherwise I'll have to wait another week to play with it. But there are several models on my want list at the moment, house Bill's have unfortunately taken the model fund away tremendously. But that's life.

Brandon

my youtube channel
My Facebook Page
Alberta Millwright
Posted: Monday, February 17, 2020 3:07:09 PM

Can we look forward to a Sarens ltm 1750 or is that WSI and Sarens relationship still not working out? What went on with that anyway if anyone knows?

Paul R
Posted: Monday, February 17, 2020 3:34:04 PM

Can we look forward to a Sarens ltm 1750 or is that WSI and Sarens relationship still not working out? What went on with that anyway if anyone knows?

I doubt it unless something changes. I know what went on but not for me to share I’m afraid.

Paul R