DHS Diecast Discussion Forum
Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Members | Log In

1:50 Sarens LR1300 coming soon! Options · View
Paul R
Posted: Wednesday, May 20, 2020 1:16:52 PM

Groups: Member

Sarens Shop have announced the LR1300 diecast model!

300 made and available in August.

I am sure our host will be selling them.

Regards,

Paul R

wildpig1234
Posted: Wednesday, May 20, 2020 5:53:31 PM

Anything special about this edition beside the sarens name?

If they are gonna use an old mould, they should do something new. For one, the ballast wagon and extra extension should be standard. Two, they should make extension sets available. Not sure why there is no extension sets for LR 1300.

Also i saw on a german dealer that there was a new LR 1300 preorder (not sarens) that would have sections for 92m main booms. Sadly, that model got cancelled.

Would be nice to have a medium crawler since i have the lightweight hs855 and the heavyweight lr1600 and lr1750. But nzg just not making it easy...lol...
RMS Models
Posted: Wednesday, May 20, 2020 5:56:53 PM

wildpig1234
Posted: Thursday, May 21, 2020 3:09:17 AM

RMS Models wrote:
http://www.dhsdiecast.com/Liebherr-LR1300-Crawler-Crane-w_Derrick-Sarens/productinfo/IMC20-1059

Notice the manufacturer says "IMC" !!!

sorry my bad...lol. thought it was the old nzg one.

so that pic shows a ballast wagon and derrick so that's good that its hopefully included. but that is not a very long boom and jib same size compared to the base nzg one.

and that $700 price is just a bit too expensive for the thing i think

I didn't know liebherr would license or approach another model maker . i guess there's no exclusive licensing?
Paul R
Posted: Thursday, May 21, 2020 5:58:51 AM

wildpig1234 wrote:
Anything special about this edition beside the sarens name?

If they are gonna use an old mould, they should do something new. For one, the ballast wagon and extra extension should be standard. Two, they should make extension sets available. Not sure why there is no extension sets for LR 1300.

Also i saw on a german dealer that there was a new LR 1300 preorder (not sarens) that would have sections for 92m main booms. Sadly, that model got cancelled.

Would be nice to have a medium crawler since i have the lightweight hs855 and the heavyweight lr1600 and lr1750. But nzg just not making it easy...lol...

It is a Sarens edition so no different to standard except the name. It is made by NZG so same mold as before - I think there were only ever 2 companies done before which were van Marjwik and Felbermayr so it is not an overused model!

Config shown in the photo is what is coming so derrick mast and ballast wagon are included.

It has an IMC PN because IMC manage the Sarens Store hence the confusion there.

Paul R
Tim Clamp
Posted: Thursday, May 21, 2020 2:15:00 PM

Also comes with an extra boom and jib section.

Tim Clamp
Alberta Millwright
Posted: Thursday, May 21, 2020 6:32:46 PM

I missed out on the Van M version so I am not missing out on this!

A Millwright..... in Alberta.
wildpig1234
Posted: Thursday, May 21, 2020 6:39:58 PM

I see. that makes sense. I did some calculation and the cost of LR1300+ derrick kit+"sarens" does come pretty close to $700.
However, I am still disappointed they don't plan to have any separate extension sets so we can build the max height configuration.
Come to think of it, it would be so easy for them to release extension sets for crawler cranes since they don't even have to design anything new at all (unlike jib for mobile cranes). And yet we are so very short on extension sets for ALL (i really mean ALL) crawler cranes from both NZG and conrad. Is there a rationale behind this that i am missing somehow?
Also jib sets for mobile cranes are always in shortage and you would think that they would want to capitalize on the development cost of the jib set. and yet they only seem to make them in very limited numbers and just stop alltogether. Am I missing something also here?
Paul R
Posted: Friday, May 22, 2020 8:38:45 AM

wildpig1234 wrote:
.....And yet we are so very short on extension sets for ALL (i really mean ALL) crawler cranes from both NZG and conrad. Is there a rationale behind this that i am missing somehow?....

Which sets in particular? I know for sure not all crawlers had them available, but the LR1600/2 did (maybe still does?), LR1750 had boom sections and windmill tips for sale, the Manitowoc 18000, 16000, 4100W also had sets available.

There is also to consider the appeal as not all collectors have the room or desire to build max height. For example, I prefer the heavy lift set ups as opposed to the full main boom and luffer on crawlers. Jibs look good on the mobiles but I don't have any at full reach.

As for the luffers for mobiles, they do seem in short supply for company colours, except for YCC who produced jib sets for all their mobiles and even recently released more lattice sections for older releases. But I know the cost for manufacturing lattice sections is quite high and a lot of waste involved so maybe that is a reason why they are limited?

Paul R
wildpig1234
Posted: Friday, May 22, 2020 8:59:07 AM

Paul R wrote:
wildpig1234 wrote:
.....And yet we are so very short on extension sets for ALL (i really mean ALL) crawler cranes from both NZG and conrad. Is there a rationale behind this that i am missing somehow?....

Which sets in particular? I know for sure not all crawlers had them available, but the LR1600/2 did (maybe still does?), LR1750 had boom sections and windmill tips for sale, the Manitowoc 18000, 16000, 4100W also had sets available.

There is also to consider the appeal as not all collectors have the room or desire to build max height. For example, I prefer the heavy lift set ups as opposed to the full main boom and luffer on crawlers. Jibs look good on the mobiles but I don't have any at full reach.

As for the luffers for mobiles, they do seem in short supply for company colours, except for YCC who produced jib sets for all their mobiles and even recently released more lattice sections for older releases. But I know the cost for manufacturing lattice sections is quite high and a lot of waste involved so maybe that is a reason why they are limited?

Paul R

lets take the two most well known. lr 1600 and lr 1750. I am not able to find any place that have the long extension kits in stock.

The most available seems to be 4100w

It seems like nzg and conrad completely stopped making the extension sets for lr1750 and lr 1600 and you have like a fix numbers of sets available worldwide? not sure what their rationale is... as the demand is definitely there since there are no place that had them in stock will still have them in stock for long. forget about the windmill tip. I am quite certain that there is no place that have the long extension kit in stock. Prove me wrong on that if you can...lol...

My point is that even if not all collectors wants max height, there are just so MANY out there that do. Because as i said, there is absolutely no place that still have them in stock. And those places that did, was OOS in an instant.

I am not able to find any dealer right now that has any of the jib kits for most of these mobiles (, ltm 11200, ltm 1350 1500). the only jib widely avail is the atf 400 jib from tadano fan shop. Forget about company or matching color.... you can't even find a non matching color set ... lol..

I am pretty f'ckin frustrated about this. Sorry...lol... I tell you I am willing to put down a substantial amount above the retail cost for some of these sets but I can't find a taker. So that tells you how short supply they are. And how much in demand they are by more than enough number of collectors.
Paul Crane
Posted: Friday, May 22, 2020 9:52:35 AM

Alberta - You didn't miss out on the Van Marvijk. I just bought one a couple of weeks ago.
Alberta Millwright
Posted: Friday, May 22, 2020 1:00:41 PM

Well I missed out when I could have got one at a dealer for like 700 CAD. I see there is a damaged one with badly painted counter weights full of dust on Ebay for like 650 CAD and another one in really good condition for like 1200 CAD. Did you manage to find one outside of Ebay?

And I don't have the room either for extra jib sections so I mostly just use the heavy lift setup like Paul R. I have one LR 1600 setup with full luffer in my garage because that's the only room I have for one until the basement gets completed. I am a little disappointed in WSI for producing very little 1500 jibs when they have a few thousand 1500 models out there, and they really should just prime them so we can all paint the proper colors for whatever livery we have. NZG did a fantastic job with the jibs for the 11200 as there are still some out there at dealers and they said they may be doing another run this year.

A Millwright..... in Alberta.
wildpig1234
Posted: Friday, May 22, 2020 5:46:56 PM

Alberta Millwright wrote:
Well I missed out when I could have got one at a dealer for like 700 CAD. I see there is a damaged one with badly painted counter weights full of dust on Ebay for like 650 CAD and another one in really good condition for like 1200 CAD. Did you manage to find one outside of Ebay?

And I don't have the room either for extra jib sections so I mostly just use the heavy lift setup like Paul R. I have one LR 1600 setup with full luffer in my garage because that's the only room I have for one until the basement gets completed. I am a little disappointed in WSI for producing very little 1500 jibs when they have a few thousand 1500 models out there, and they really should just prime them so we can all paint the proper colors for whatever livery we have. NZG did a fantastic job with the jibs for the 11200 as there are still some out there at dealers and they said they may be doing another run this year.

I used to send an email everyday to wsi to ask them to restart making 1350 and 1500 jib. I think i am on their spam list now...lol.... Seriously it just sucks when they know there is a shortage and a demand for it but just choose to ignore it while we collectors get frustrated. I have to agree ycc is definitely much better at this by actually making different color jibs when all they have to do was just keep making just a base jib to keep most collectors happy

I guess wsi, nzg and conrad have a different business model or mentality? not sure if those 3 being european being a common factor?
ChandlerYohn
Posted: Wednesday, June 10, 2020 10:49:27 PM

Thanks for sharing this info! This will be a very nice crane as the Felbermayr version is very high quality. I hope everyone is staying healthy. Take care and all the best.

Instagram ChandlerYohn YouTube
modelmaniac
Posted: Thursday, June 11, 2020 8:19:50 PM

I used to send an email everyday to wsi to ask them to restart making 1350 and 1500 jib. I think i am on their spam list now...lol.... Seriously it just sucks when they know there is a shortage and a demand for it but just choose to ignore it while we collectors get frustrated. I have to agree ycc is definitely much better at this by actually making different color jibs when all they have to do was just keep making just a base jib to keep most collectors happy

I guess wsi, nzg and conrad have a different business model or mentality? not sure if those 3 being european being a common factor?[/quote]

The one and only thing the model manafacturers have to do,is whatever the commissioning original equipment manufacturer wants.Thats it.They just promote a new feature,or a new vehicle.or a national icon.The collectors market is just a development of them doing what they do.It is so small compared to OEM sales,they often do not respond,at all,I have sent loads of emails,over the years.Cost of materials,labour,etc is a major factor,even for a very small run of anything.
wildpig1234
Posted: Friday, June 12, 2020 7:55:31 PM

modelmaniac wrote:

The one and only thing the model manafacturers have to do,is whatever the commissioning original equipment manufacturer wants.Thats it.They just promote a new feature,or a new vehicle.or a national icon.The collectors market is just a development of them doing what they do.It is so small compared to OEM sales,they often do not respond,at all,I have sent loads of emails,over the years.Cost of materials,labour,etc is a major factor,even for a very small run of anything.

What i don't understand is why is wsi keep turning out hundreds of ltm 1500 on an on going basis, but they don't keep turning out any of the 1500 jib? are you saying that wsi gets most of their revenue from crane companies? i find that hard to believe because we collectors/consumers are who actually pay for the model when we buy them, not the crane companies that might have commissioned the model.

They already invested the money in equipment to make the jibs anyway so why stop making it if people are still wanting to buy it?

I understand there are things like serialized limited productions that has some exclusivity with it. And i am fine with having some of that. But a jib is not a limited serialized item. same thing with extension sets.

I still have not found any good enough explanation on why they keep turning out hundreds of cranes but not producing anymore of the addon set when they already have the equipment and investment made for it...

Or am i missing something about how the economics of crane models work?
modelmaniac
Posted: Friday, June 12, 2020 9:04:39 PM

I am assuming,that WSI are producing the 1500,as it is a very popular machine,they may have loads left after a production run.I am also assuming the liveried models,have been commissioned by a third party,that knows they will be sold.Collectors pay the retail price for any model,which means lots of links in a chain get money.I'm just saying it has been/is unlikely for any model manufacturer to produce items that we well know would compliment a model.I used to hope Conrad would make more jib extensions for the HS 882/HS 843,years ago.Having said that,Conrad are producing older crawler crane models with metal tracks and trucks with updated features.
wildpig1234
Posted: Saturday, June 13, 2020 7:00:03 PM

modelmaniac wrote:
I am assuming,that WSI are producing the 1500,as it is a very popular machine,they may have loads left after a production run.I am also assuming the liveried models,have been commissioned by a third party,that knows they will be sold.Collectors pay the retail price for any model,which means lots of links in a chain get money.I'm just saying it has been/is unlikely for any model manufacturer to produce items that we well know would compliment a model.I used to hope Conrad would make more jib extensions for the HS 882/HS 843,years ago.Having said that,Conrad are producing older crawler crane models with metal tracks and trucks with updated features.

Pretty sure WSI is putting out 1500 on an ongoing basis. Reason is that every half decent crane dealer site has at least one for sale. I don't think its a case of they produced a bunch 4 yrs ago, pile them up in warehouse and then stop making them and now only sale from that stock. You also see new liveries once a while. So 1500 is being produced on an ongoing basis. Maybe not all liveries but at least the model is. Unless it's a limited serial production that was maybe negotiated with the commissioned company, i don't see why wsi has any obligation to have to stop producing any 1500 livery or the generic model. If you already invested in the mould and there is demand, why stop?

This somehow doesn't apply to the jib, which is not a serialized limited run...

Good luck finding any extension from conrad too. I haven't seen any place with LR 1750 extension set at all lately.