DHS Diecast Discussion Forum
Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Members | Log In

DHS Fall Auction Options · View
Barkerjoh
Posted: Monday, October 19, 2020 10:34:59 PM

Groups: Member

njtinman wrote:
Now that was uncalled for. One of my coworkers is from "Lil north of pittsburgh" and I don't talk bad about him....

Where at north of Pittsburgh lol
admin
Posted: Tuesday, October 20, 2020 1:01:50 PM
Groups: Administration

I don't control how Proxibid shows winning bidders - I know the bidder numbers were assigned when I watched the onsite winners during the auction. I also know that the auction was held with no "funny stuff" because I was there watching.

Chuck
dain555
Posted: Tuesday, October 20, 2020 3:20:42 PM

Hey, I have a question for all the whiners, do y'all get passed like this to Ebay when you lose a bid???? Also y'all do realize that Chuck doesn't have to do these auctions right??? I personally think y'all owe Chuck a big apology for what you accused him of and I think you should personally stick to bidding on Ebay!!!

Chuck, I know you are very good at what you do for us and your company!!! I have gotten stuff from the auctions and I've been very pleased with the way it works!! I've been to some auctions in person and you either have to sit perfectly still or you wind up buying something for a price you couldn't afford or you had to try to get the attention of the auctioneer or you couldn't get in a bid to save your life!!!

All anyone has to remember when it comes to an auction is the following,
1) Expect to bid more for an item if you really want it because there will be someone else who wants it just as bad.
2) Don't be complacent by ASSUMING you have the bid locked down.
3) Watch and pay attention to the auction, if you are bidding on stuff you should have your attention on the auction 100% of the time!!
4) Don't be pissy because YOU lost the item, as said before there are others who want the item as much as you do or more so because they will out bid you.
5) Don't fault the business for your failure to be successful as in this case the auctioneer is a third-party contractor!!!!

Dain

I'm a kid at heart, so I will play with any model construction vehicle from 1:87 scale to 1:1 scale!!!!

Age is a state of time NOT a state of mind!!
Barkerjoh
Posted: Tuesday, October 20, 2020 6:08:15 PM

Nicely said Dain.
Quinella
Posted: Tuesday, October 20, 2020 6:09:09 PM

Barkerjoh wrote:
Nicely said Dain.

Indeed!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
dain555
Posted: Wednesday, October 21, 2020 2:38:17 PM

Thank you!! I have been to auctions in person so I know how it can be, you don't scratch your nose at the wrong time or you wind up purchasing something for an amount you weren't expecting!!! I have bought some good stuff too at auctions but again if it's something you specifically want then you need to have the funds available so you can out bid someone else!! I've also been the type of person to research what I'm bidding on to know when to stop bidding!! I mean if your bidding on say a Liebherr LG 1750 crane you should research what the price is when you buy it from a dealer, if the crane sells new for say $650.00 and you know you will have others bidding you should stop at at least $700.00 because any more than that your wasting money. Don't be afraid to step away from something if it gets above what you want to bid because in most cases you'll find another one somewhere else that will be within your budget.

The mindset you have to have at any auction is "OH Well, I didn't get that this time but I may get something better another time and by the time the next auction comes around I'll have the extra money saved up!!" I'm astounded with the prices I see people getting stuff for!!! Example, I have a Gradall XL5100 truck mounted excavator, I paid $95 brand new back in like 1998 (the company I got it from is no longer in business) and I'm happy with it!! I saw one in this recent auction that sold for $250!!! I've also seen stuff that sold for like $50 brand new from dealers that sold for over $200 also!! So like I said, research is a big thing so you don't pay more for something, this holds true on ANY auction including Ebay!! Also have fun and be amazed at what some people will pay for something!!!!

Dain

I'm a kid at heart, so I will play with any model construction vehicle from 1:87 scale to 1:1 scale!!!!

digggerr
Posted: Thursday, October 22, 2020 7:40:21 PM

admin wrote:
I don't control how Proxibid shows winning bidders

Obviously! But you could ask your auctioneer friend as they are less than a mile away from you.

Don't you find the phenomenon odd, curious, etc.?
admin
Posted: Friday, October 23, 2020 12:00:32 PM
Groups: Administration

Jeez Digger I thought you were smarter than this... I don't need to ask the auctioneer as DHS has hosted over 25 auctions. It is very simple.

When an auction is over, Proxibid shows winning bidders who were "onsite" as ONSITE. In a live auction, these are the people in the room plus the phone bidders and Absentee Bidders.

In a virtual auction, there is nobody in the room! As I already explained, the "onsite" bidders in a virtual auction like ours are either phone bidders or people who placed bids in advance of the auction with the Auctioneer (These are called Absentee Bidders).

THEREFORE, when one of the phone bidders or absentee bidders wins an item, the winner is listed on Proxibid's website as ONSITE.

It is as simple as that.
kokosing Const Co
Posted: Friday, October 23, 2020 12:39:02 PM

admin wrote:
Jeez Digger I thought you were smarter than this... I don't need to ask the auctioneer as DHS has hosted over 25 auctions. It is very simple.

When an auction is over, Proxibid shows winning bidders who were "onsite" as ONSITE. In a live auction, these are the people in the room plus the phone bidders and Absentee Bidders.

In a virtual auction, there is nobody in the room! As I already explained, the "onsite" bidders in a virtual auction like ours are either phone bidders or people who placed bids in advance of the auction with the Auctioneer (These are called Absentee Bidders).

THEREFORE, when one of the phone bidders or absentee bidders wins an item, the winner is listed on Proxibid's website as ONSITE.

It is as simple as that.

I mean, I don't know how many times you or someone else has to explain this. It's pretty cut and dry...!!
Quinella
Posted: Friday, October 23, 2020 12:49:35 PM

Good Lord is this thing still going on? Chuck, does this "digggerr " guy ever buy from you? Does he ever bid on your auctions? Do you even know him? If all the answers to these questions are NO, then why even answer the twerp?

digggerr: There is a stage leaving at 2:00. Be under it.
dain555
Posted: Friday, October 23, 2020 3:24:44 PM

Quinella, Chuck, a phrase comes to mind here, "You can't fix stupid" fits so well!! Also reminds me of the following,

A young man was going gold prospecting and hired an old prospector with a donkey, the young man loaded up the donkey with his supplies and started tugging on the donkey's lead rope, the donkey didn't budge one bit, the man was there for about an hour and still the donkey stood fast. The old prospector came up and asked the young man what he was doing, the young man replied that he was trying to get the loaded donkey to move. The old prospector looked around and found a good sturdy 2 by 4, the young man asked what it was for and the old prospector said wait and see. Then the old guy started to wind up and swung the 2 by 4 and smashed the donkey square in the head!!! The young guy got all upset and hollered at the old guy and wanted to know why he did that to which the old guy replied "first you have to get the donkey's attention!!"

I personally can't wait to see the goodies in the next auction and hopefully there's something that I might want!!!! Thanks Chuck for these auctions as it is great to see these goodies!!!!

Dain

Barkerjoh
Posted: Friday, October 23, 2020 5:57:03 PM

Keep up the good work chuck. Keep the hot dogs on the roller. We’ll be back at some point
Paul Crane
Posted: Saturday, October 24, 2020 9:31:28 AM

I bid on 10 items in the auction. I didn't win a single item. And I'm not a sore loser. I still had fun though.