NZG P&H 670WLC DRAGLINE info? Options · View
Jamiescotland
Posted: Wednesday, January 13, 2021 4:34:25 PM

Groups: Member

PERFECT!!! Thank you John.
Jamiescotland
Posted: Thursday, January 14, 2021 3:35:30 PM

I don't know how I'm meant to thread those pulleys!! Ridiculous! It must be possible but I don't know how. Any tips?
janh
Posted: Friday, January 15, 2021 4:09:04 AM

Jamiescotland
Posted: Monday, January 18, 2021 6:09:04 AM

Thanks for the diagrams, but it's the actual threading that I can't do. Even with thinner cord I simply cannot feed it around the pulleys. I've tried using a bent wire needle to help it round the corners, I've tried stiffening the cord with superglue. What else can I do? It must be possible but I am close to throwing the model against the wall in frustration. The only thing I can honestly think of, is just running the line once to the boom and back to the body, missing out all the pulleys. It'll be totally wrong and look stupid, but at least it'll hold the boom up. Now I know why I don't buy many cranes. Oh, the only other solution would be to drill out the rivets on the boom stay (releasing all the pulleys), laying the cord down in the correct sequence, then riveting it back up. That would most certainly work but could be very trying indeed.
janh
Posted: Monday, January 18, 2021 9:50:51 AM

I had similar experience with the Weserhütte W180 model with pile driver.NZG added a reeving tool to the model,but that turned out to be completely useless.
What I did was to attach a very thin metal wire to the end of the rope and pre bedt this to the shape of the pulleys.Also I found out there was some casting debris on the inside of the pulley guard,that left no space for the rope.And then with lots of patience and some swearing I managed to get the thing reeved up in one day.
Jamiescotland
Posted: Tuesday, January 19, 2021 4:07:40 PM

Thanks Jan, I will find some better smooth thin line to use and hope I can get it through the tiny spaces and around the pulleys.
Weserhutte
Posted: Tuesday, January 19, 2021 9:34:20 PM

Jamie,

Next time e-mail me as I only come here maybe once a week or so.

Man, how many decades ago did I put mine together?

To the best of my memory, my approach was very similar to Jan's. I used small paperclips which I straightened and then wound around a screwdriver shaft. I then cut small pieces and made sure they went through the sheaves. At that point I used superglue to attach the line to the end of the piece of paperclip and ran them through using Blu Tack to hold the line in place on the completed sheaves while I worked on the next.

A small curved hemostat was also very helpful to wind the paperclip around the screwdriver andl if the line would start to bind.

This P&H and the Weserhütte are nice enough to put the extra effort into assembling them properly in my opinion.

Good luck and be patient?