DHS Diecast Discussion Forum
Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Members | Log In

Sword Rumor Options · View
verrone
Posted: Saturday, August 25, 2007 3:28:48 PM

Groups: Member

Someone told me that Sword will be coming out with a front-loader Cement mixer by Oshkosh sometime in October. Now, I don't know if they were pulling my leg, didn't know what they were talking about, or are telling the truth, but it was a dealer that told me. Does anyone have any insight about this? I also noticed on the forum that someone said that Chuck will be carrying his own version of the Mack Granite dump truck. Does anyone know more about that or who will make it?

John
glenhd
Posted: Saturday, August 25, 2007 3:35:18 PM

Just wait and see..Wink..

glenApplause Applause

CLAP CLAP CLAP EM!!!!!!!!!!!

"TRIPLE NICKLE" BABY

A little something for a good friend......ZOOM ZOOM ZOOM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
heavyload
Posted: Saturday, August 25, 2007 7:35:00 PM

This rumor make sense since Chuck already Make the Oshkosh plows.... and he is entertaining everybody with "more to come" with Oshkosh Product. Like he sales construction stuff, I will and that the only other thing that OShkosh are doing in the construction is Mixer....

Like we said 2+2=4

Luc

Luc.
Claus
Posted: Saturday, August 25, 2007 7:46:40 PM

The question was about a front loader mixer, wouldn't the P-series trucks that Sword built require a rear loader?
mkdco
Posted: Saturday, August 25, 2007 9:50:56 PM

You can never have enough Trucks ..... I hope Chuck considers an Autocar also it would be a home run.Teeth

Mike
cat20
Posted: Saturday, August 25, 2007 10:19:56 PM

I thought I heard something earlier about a military Oshkosh. The one I would like to see is the snowblower!!!
verrone
Posted: Saturday, August 25, 2007 11:32:47 PM

Ya, I thought that the Oshkosh P-Series would require a rear loader too. Must mean a new series of truck? A 1:50 snowblower would be interesting, especially if it was as detailed as the snowplows.

John
Eric Pioszak
Posted: Sunday, August 26, 2007 2:31:05 AM

I think what Luc is referring to is the fact that Chuck has done oshkosh models in the past, therefore already has a working relationship with the company for future models.

Eric

Eric W. Pioszak, Operating Engineers Local 701, Portland, Oregon

METAL TRACKS AVAILABLE AGAIN!
Cab guards Available again!
Grapples Available again!
Industrialscalemodels[at symbol]Gmail.com
oshkosh619
Posted: Monday, August 27, 2007 7:34:23 AM

An S series front discharge mixer would be great (as would any modern Oshkosh product, including their military trucks), but I also think Chuck/Sword could get on a real roll with some different versions and/or accessories for the already exisiting P series model. Just looking at other manufacturers in many scales. snow clearance equipment is becoming popular amongst diecast collectors. Sword already has an excellent jump on the competition with it's P series.

The existing P series could be produced with left, right or even both side wing plows, sander bodies (either frame mounted or "drop-in" V box types that go in existing dump bodies, or even a newly tooled combo dump/sander body for that matter), non rear-steering rear axles with duallies, different styles of front plows that would mate to the exisiting Oshkosh quick connect hitch, or even a snow blower with a frame-mounted power source. How about one with a 3000 gallon tank on the rear with extending arm-mounted nozzles for runway/ramp de-icing operations? The possibilities are numerous, as the P series lends itself to airport, municipal, county or state snow removal applications.

A little modification to the existing truck (frame change eliminating the plow frame mount, different axles, add front bumpers etc.) could produce a F series, used extensively in the construction and concrete indistustries. How about doing what some of the excellent kit-bashers on this forum have done; produce the R series heavy hauler? Add some massive flotation tires, huge sand filters and a/c units on the cabs and you can also produce the versions used in the Saudi oil fields.

How about a H series snow blower or broom, or even the just introduced HT series with a tow-along broom/jet blower unit? There's ALOT of potential for unique and exciting Oshkosh products. Let's hope Sword sees it that way too. They hit a home run with the P series. Now go for the grand slam.