DHS Diecast Discussion Forum
Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Members | Log In

LARGE PHOTOS OF THE NEW CATERPILLAR 963D Options · View
prtstrdj
Posted: Friday, November 16, 2007 3:35:38 PM

Groups: Member

Just thought some of you may enjoy seeing these photographs. Mine are here and the model is simply amazing. I would have liked to have seen the bucket raise a tad higher, but other than that, this thing is a winner all day long! Can't be beat if you ask me! Enjoy the photos. ...Prt Applause

D5G
Posted: Friday, November 16, 2007 4:05:01 PM

mackey84
Posted: Friday, November 16, 2007 4:20:39 PM

Superb! Simply wonderful! Norscot steps up the to the plate and knocks one out of the park! Can't wait to get one.

Chris
Tarantula
Posted: Friday, November 16, 2007 4:25:36 PM

Very nice!!! I got the new Liebherr track loader today. It is very nice! So Im getting this one aswell.

//Niklas Eriksson

Mike245
Posted: Friday, November 16, 2007 8:48:40 PM

Can this little guy load a dump truck or does it fall short? Not that it really matters but it would be nice to have a loader that could load my International dump truck since my 953 can't
Mike.

Local 21 Steam fitters FTW!
R Jordan
Posted: Friday, November 16, 2007 9:05:59 PM

PRT,
Very good detail model there. Have all of you guys here on the forum notice that nothing has change where these caterpillar models are concern. Yes we have receive more detail but they r repeating the same pattern just like when NZG was making the molds. Mike how does this CAT 963D match up to the Liebherr LR634 espically interms of hydraulic movement with the lift arm pistons would it clear the Conrad International dump trucks let mi know.

Roland.
Jim15
Posted: Friday, November 16, 2007 9:13:39 PM

PRT,

I have he same question as Mike, can it even load a dump track since it is a track LOADER. Is it possible to post it with a 1:50 triaxle like one of the Sword Pete 357's??

thanks,

Jim

matthewm
Posted: Friday, November 16, 2007 9:14:50 PM

Looks to me this is a sure hit as I have two of the new Liebherr track Loaders and the detail by these pictures is just as good.
DeWoc19
Posted: Friday, November 16, 2007 9:45:35 PM

great pics, im getting excited for mine to show up
equipment fan
Posted: Friday, November 16, 2007 10:03:55 PM

very nice,thanks,will you make a diorama with it?Any more pics please?Comparison with other model,size,etc?

*caterpillar fanatic*

leo-cat
Posted: Saturday, November 17, 2007 5:56:35 AM

Wow, this model really looks awesome. Especially for the price you can get it.

Leo
prtstrdj
Posted: Sunday, November 18, 2007 11:06:19 PM

The bucket unfortunately will not COMPLETELY clear the side of a Smith Dump Truck. You can note that in this picture here.

sooooo close, yet so far away. I however, can live with this as I don't display my models that way anyway. But I did note that in the original post, the bucket could have gone up just a little more... woulda been nice for those of you that do like to display your models that way. Still... you can't beat this model no matter what in my opinion. .... Prt
Eric David Bru
Posted: Monday, November 19, 2007 12:49:10 AM

prtstrdj wrote:
The bucket unfortunately will not COMPLETELY clear the side of a Smith Dump Truck. You can note that in this picture here.

sooooo close, yet so far away. I however, can live with this as I don't display my models that way anyway. But I did note that in the original post, the bucket could have gone up just a little more... woulda been nice for those of you that do like to display your models that way. Still... you can't beat this model no matter what in my opinion. .... Prt

Just pile up a little dirt and make a ramp.

EDB
prtstrdj
Posted: Monday, November 19, 2007 1:02:35 AM

Exactly right Eric, this fault is something I can live with for sure, especially since it does happen in real life at times! lol! ...Prt
brian falcone
Posted: Monday, November 19, 2007 1:50:50 AM

looks like the removal of a small tab may help the problem. i think this is done to stop the bucket cylinder from pulling out when the bucket is rolled back at full arm height. the 175 was like this too. still a great model and im going to go ahead and hide some money for this too. brian
prtstrdj
Posted: Monday, November 19, 2007 4:41:09 PM

I think you are right Brian. And like I said, I can live with the fact that it's just not quite tall enough to reach as I don't display my models that way. Those that do... it's not that far off honestly, to make one disappointed enough to not get the model. At least that is my opinion and the way they have been selling, I think many of you feel the same. These are just unbeatable models for the money! ... Prt
Cat22Fan
Posted: Tuesday, November 20, 2007 8:39:07 AM

I had A thought, I know that prtstrdj mentioned that the Swords and or Smith dumps are to large for the track loader to completely clear the sides what about the 1/53rd Tonkin Dumps. They are A little smaller in scale. I am like prtstrdj, I don't display my models that way either, but for the ones who do, they might come A little bit closer to achieving that. Just A thought.
dirtboy
Posted: Tuesday, November 20, 2007 9:27:19 PM

I got mine today and this model is awesome. Nice details like steps on the boom and ripper sides, the fact that it HAS a ripper on it. I also think the cabs are nicer on these than on the D6T's. I cant see how you could go wrong with the model for the price. Thanks for posting the pics Prt.

Don't call it a comeback, I've been here for years.

JustinE
Posted: Tuesday, November 20, 2007 9:47:52 PM

I must say, I am very pleased with the close attention to detail Norscot is starting to give their models. This is how all of their models in the past should have looked like- metal tracks, hoses, wippers, etc.

What's the length of 963?

-Justin

"Everyone's Goal Is To Mine More Coal!"
PAmining
http://www.youtube.com/user/PAmining
KeepOnTruckin
Posted: Tuesday, November 20, 2007 11:51:34 PM

Its got windshield wipers! What detail!

Too bad the seat is not painted. Ertl managed it but oh well. Its sooo cheap, cant complain.

KeepOnTruckin (Jonathan)