DHS Diecast Discussion Forum
Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Members | Log In

Pics From Work Today (Pump truck and Cranes) Options · View
DeWoc19
Posted: Friday, July 25, 2008 12:17:57 AM

Groups: Member

Anderson Pumping

Central Cranes's 777 # 8642

Talked to the oiler and asked how much boom - 220 ft (90ft of main & 130ft of luffer)

Central Cranes 999 not sure the unit # as it was so on the other end of the job and i was fulled zoomed in

Not sure the exact boom amount but based on the 777 on the jobsite i would say it had something like 170ft of main and 50ft of fixed jib
Across the street (same job, just a different section of it) 2 Manitowoc 3900's(?) doing caissons also not in the picture is a Central Crane Link-Belt crane of equal size not sure what size Link-Belt though

Lastely an example of what the cranes are lifting (i know there was some talk a while back about an overload alarm going off) this is the biggest iron i have seen on the jobsite yet and there is no way there are overloaded, the 777 with luffer was luffed to 90 degrees almost 1/3 of the day today
CheeseHead
Posted: Friday, July 25, 2008 12:21:13 AM

How long you working on this job for? Great pics, but I still cannot accept a 777's gantry system.d'oh!

Just like a typical oiler,standing on the cat walk buttering up the operator. Pray
kat09
Posted: Friday, July 25, 2008 12:38:22 AM

nice pics! yep those are 39w's in one of your pics. what no perimeter barricades around the 777, oh boy-violation! dewoc, you can overload a luffing jib easily with the main boom at 90 degrees. the lower the luffer angle the less capacity.a lot of times you have to boom the main boom to a lower angle so the luffer will be higher at the same radius. you have to compare all angle capacities to figure out the best configuration
DeWoc19
Posted: Friday, July 25, 2008 12:47:20 AM

i know how the luffer works and the more luffed it is the less lifting capacity but no way with these pieces of steel. like i said todays delivery is of the largest steel i have seen on the job yet, as for the perimeter - if you look you can see the stands with the yellow diving line for when they make lines in stores on each side of the crane, doesnt mark off the whole crane but they tried LOL Eh?

Cheesehead - ill be working on this job on and off for probably a few more months, our company is currently bidding the work to be done on the site where the 3900's are doing the caissons

EDIT: Also Cheesehead i find the gantry to the 777 odd to with the hydraulic cylinders instead of reeving, different but cool i guess. Also the oiler, i think i saw him get off the crane a handful of times today, once to wipe down a few parts on the crane, rest of the time he spent on the catwalk
JohnGalt
Posted: Friday, July 25, 2008 8:17:36 AM

CheeseHead wrote:
I still cannot accept a 777's gantry system.d'oh! Pray

Ditto that.Not talking
JohnGalt
Posted: Friday, July 25, 2008 7:00:34 PM

DeWoc - I just drove by there today but didn't see you. Who's doing the concrete work there?
Those old caisson rigs look like they are in pretty good shape.
bigcranes
Posted: Saturday, July 26, 2008 2:55:58 AM

Great post, keep the pictures coming.

Mark

Mark L.

It's what you learn after you know it all that counts
DeWoc19
Posted: Sunday, July 27, 2008 8:59:54 PM

JohnGalt wrote:
DeWoc - I just drove by there today but didn't see you. Who's doing the concrete work there?
Those old caisson rigs look like they are in pretty good shape.

yeah i was on my way to DHS on friday. R Olson Concrete is doing the concrete on 1/3 of the building going up and Scurto Cement Construction is doing the other 2/3 of the concrete work

those 3900's are really clean looking, they look almost brand new thats how clean they look