DHS Diecast Discussion Forum
Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Members | Log In

Couple of comments about the CCM D10 push dozer. Options · View
Greasemonkey
Posted: Saturday, November 28, 2009 6:58:39 PM

Groups: Member

jdofmemi wrote:
Trucks have the same problem, as they get bigger, there are less numbers available. Only room for one bigger than a 797. Whatever happens after that will be a travesty for sure.

I'd call that room for two more.

Brian
Eric Pioszak
Posted: Saturday, November 28, 2009 8:45:28 PM

Greasemonkey wrote:
jdofmemi wrote:
Trucks have the same problem, as they get bigger, there are less numbers available. Only room for one bigger than a 797. Whatever happens after that will be a travesty for sure.

I'd call that room for two more.

Brian

just look at what they did with the Excavator line four times!, (200 series, "E" series and 300 series twice), They obviously have no qualms about changing an entire line's number system overnight if the need arises

Also, based on the "recent" changes made to the articulated haul truck line, I would venture to guess that this is in the works, since the artics stop at "740" and the rigid's pick up at "769" that leaves a nice 29 digit gap to shift the line around and make more room at the top. I don't know, maybe I'm just spewing nonsense, I have a tendency to do that from time to time

Eric W. Pioszak, Operating Engineers Local 701, Portland, Oregon

METAL TRACKS AVAILABLE AGAIN!
Cab guards Available again!
Grapples Available again!
Industrialscalemodels[at symbol]Gmail.com
Gavin84w
Posted: Saturday, November 28, 2009 9:41:44 PM

The artics went from D nomenclature to 700 nomenclature in order to put them in the same bloodline as the rigid trucks and while there last 2 digits (artics) references there capacity in tons that is where it stops beetween rigids and artics. Industry and the market demand a close relationship beetween the model number and what it can carry or weighs and the excavator and artic truck line are prime examples of that.

I wouldn,t say they paly around with model numbers willy nilly but the nomenclature group sure have some answering to do on some things and should be put in front of a firing squad IMHO for some changes!! 769 dropped for a 770!

Brian, if tradition holds true (and unfortunately it has been shown in the past it doesn't!) then there is only 1 number left for a larger truck, the 799. Probably gone a bit off topic here and maybe we should start another as i have got some theories!!!!!!!
Greasemonkey
Posted: Saturday, November 28, 2009 10:18:44 PM

Gavin84w wrote:
Brian, if tradition holds true (and unfortunately it has been shown in the past it doesn't!) then there is only 1 number left for a larger truck, the 799. Probably gone a bit off topic here and maybe we should start another as i have got some theories!!!!!!!

I would agree with you Gav, if it weren't for what they have just done with the 770, 772......you get the idea. Traditionally, yes, only room for one more. But with the recent decisions, I would say they will try to use both 798 and 799.

Brian