DHS Diecast Discussion Forum
Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Members | Log In

CC 3800 conrad? Options · View
Save1er
Posted: Wednesday, June 03, 2015 9:43:24 PM

Groups: Member

Hmmm....to get or not to get? Think
Ive been itching for another crane lately and im glad the cab looks way better than was originally planned. Can't wait for personal pics of her to come out, been waiting and waiting for this but I just can't quite pull the trigger yet...
DafgekCanada
Posted: Wednesday, June 03, 2015 11:24:00 PM

Would be a nice but two things keep it from adding it to my collection, 1, plastic pendants, 2, plastic pins. For that same money i can get a LR1600 with metal pendants and small nuts and bolts. Not wanting to spent lets say $200 to upgrade it to metal pendants and pins.

Mammoet- Size does Matter.

Dafgek
EastCoastFabricator
Posted: Wednesday, June 03, 2015 11:36:58 PM

DafgekCanada wrote:
Would be a nice but two things keep it from adding it to my collection, 1, plastic pendants, 2, plastic pins. For that same money i can get a LR1600 with metal pendants and small nuts and bolts. Not wanting to spent lets say $200 to upgrade it to metal pendants and pins.

Has Conrad ever released anything with metal pendants or pins? I know they swapped from the twist lock to the pin in place but did they ever use metal?

There are two rules for success: 1. Never tell everything you know.
DafgekCanada
Posted: Thursday, June 04, 2015 12:59:57 AM

EastCoastFabricator wrote:
DafgekCanada wrote:

Has Conrad ever released anything with metal pendants or pins? I know they swapped from the twist lock to the pin in place but did they ever use metal?

Not that I know off. I believe it always has been plastic. For little stuff it's okay, but for a boom it's quite a bit of force and stress to put on plastic. Don't get me wrong, Conrad models are getting better. Things like those need to be metal for me.

Dafgek
allisoes
Posted: Thursday, June 04, 2015 1:00:13 AM

KGV123 wrote:
My is on the way. Will post pictures in 3 weeks. Smiley

Grigory,

You have a really great collection. I like the picture of the 5 liebherr's all lined up in a row on a shelf in picture P1010262 the best.

Ed
gbarnewall
Posted: Thursday, June 04, 2015 5:08:27 PM

DafgekCanada wrote:
EastCoastFabricator wrote:
DafgekCanada wrote:

Not that I know off. I believe it always has been plastic. For little stuff it's okay, but for a boom it's quite a bit of force and stress to put on plastic. Don't get me wrong, Conrad models are getting better. Things like those need to be metal for me.

I've never had an issue with the old twist lock pendants,I have my OEM yellow/grey Sennebogan 5500 and CC8800,both are well over 10 years in my collection,people like to max out their models and some also like to ignore the fact they are static models too which can lead to failures,maybe one day we will see Conrad produce metal pendants,the new "fork" style look a whole lot better too

Why is "phonetically" spelt with a "ph"?

... It's better to be silent and thought a fool, then to speak up and remove all doubt

The complex of Newgrange was originally built between c. 3100 and 2900 BC,[2] meaning that it's aproximately 5,000 years old. According to Carbon-14 dates,[3] it is more than 500 years older than the Great Pyramid of Giza in Egypt, and predates Stonehenge by about 1,000 years.

cranedude07
Posted: Thursday, June 04, 2015 9:38:28 PM

i trust those pendants, i would prefer the newer style but these seem to do fine Whistle

Brandon

my youtube channel
My Facebook Page
KGV123
Posted: Thursday, June 04, 2015 11:47:24 PM

Thanks allisoes

My collection: http://fotki.yandex.ru/users/umf2009/
DafgekCanada
Posted: Friday, June 05, 2015 12:35:36 AM

it just looks out of place with those twist locks. It bothers me every time i look at my LR1280 and AC500 jib. I rather have metal period.

Dafgek
gbarnewall
Posted: Friday, June 05, 2015 5:53:48 AM

DafgekCanada wrote:
it just looks out of place with those twist locks. It bothers me every time i look at my LR1280 and AC500 jib. I rather have metal period.

Great pick Brandon

Keep in mind the LR1280 and ac500 luffer are 10+ yrs old,there are vast improvements in models nowadays,

... It's better to be silent and thought a fool, then to speak up and remove all doubt

The complex of Newgrange was originally built between c. 3100 and 2900 BC,[2] meaning that it's aproximately 5,000 years old. According to Carbon-14 dates,[3] it is more than 500 years older than the Great Pyramid of Giza in Egypt, and predates Stonehenge by about 1,000 years.

Paul
Posted: Wednesday, June 10, 2015 6:51:31 PM

I've seen a couple of photos from a collector on facebook but has anyone seen any more/other pics of the CC3800 yet?.

I saw something on Hansebube about some of the counter weights being glued together as a "block" or something.

It's a nice looking model though, even if the tracks aren't 100% accurate.

Scania V8. The best sounding truck in the world.

KGV123
Posted: Wednesday, June 10, 2015 7:15:54 PM

I will post in 2 weeks. When my arrives.

My collection: http://fotki.yandex.ru/users/umf2009/
cranedude07
Posted: Thursday, June 11, 2015 12:03:19 AM

I'm hoping mine gets here next week.
I hope the weights are not glued, conrad hasn't done that before, why start now

Brandon

my youtube channel
My Facebook Page
Victor Pay
Posted: Thursday, June 11, 2015 7:06:01 PM

Paul wrote:

I saw something on Hansebube about some of the counter weights being glued together as a "block" or something.

Where exactly did you read that?
I can't recall having read anything on Hansebube about the counter weights of this model.
Paul
Posted: Thursday, June 11, 2015 7:25:29 PM

Apologies, I was mistaken. I thought I'd read it on Hansebube but it was Facebook.

I put the German text(Copy & Paste) into Google Translate and it said "the counterweights are top glued".

I tried to convey that it's maybe(probably) not true with the words "I saw something about.....".

gbarnewall
Posted: Friday, June 12, 2015 12:51:12 AM

Hi Paul,my thinking behind the weights being glued is probably slightly stuck together from the paint not being 100% cured? I think I remember my cc8800's weights were a bit stuck,not nearly enough to cause damage to the paint

Paul
Posted: Friday, June 12, 2015 6:06:21 AM

gbarnewall wrote:
Hi Paul,my thinking behind the weights being glued is probably slightly stuck together from the paint not being 100% cured? I think I remember my cc8800's weights were a bit stuck,not nearly enough to cause damage to the paint

Ah, Graham, I think you've hit the nail on the head.

Smile

Davie82
Posted: Friday, June 12, 2015 1:45:28 PM

Re. concerns about plastic pins and plastic pendants, it doesn't matter. I put more than 6Kg of load on my first LR1750 and it was the hook that gave up. These plastic pendants and pins are STRONG.

Whilst the very small nuts and bolts are a nice touch on a model crane, the plastic pins are more realistic, which makes me wonder why they're not more popular.

This model looks really nice, however if it was to be priced similar to the LR1600 (in the UK, that is) I'd be hard pushed to get it over the Liebherr. Edit: the 3800 is the same price that the 8800 was. WTF?
Paul R
Posted: Friday, June 19, 2015 8:47:03 AM

For those interested I have just read on Hansebube that the Baumann version of this model is now arriving at dealers in Europe.

Looks to be a nice livery and I am interested to see what others are done.

I know Neeb-Schuch GmbH have one and dependent on Brandons review when he gets his, this will be one I will find hard to not buy Whistle

Dufour also have one that would look great as a model I think!

Paul R
cranedude07
Posted: Friday, June 19, 2015 10:22:13 AM

Steil has one also. And mammoet obviously

Brandon

my youtube channel
My Facebook Page