DHS Diecast Discussion Forum
Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Members | Log In

Who's attending Conexpo? Options · View
john suckoe
Posted: Friday, February 28, 2014 7:47:05 PM
Groups: Member

Variable counterweight we built one on our Lima 1942 to erect the Birdsboro Foundry !!! made a 50 ton a 75 ton .
kokosing Const Co
Posted: Friday, February 28, 2014 8:44:03 PM

Definitely get down to Fremont Street too, aka "Old Vegas" or "Downtown". There is so much to do there if you haven't been, it isn't only gambling. Enjoy the street performers and I HIGHLY recommend Bellagio's water show. Wherever you're staying at check with them on booking trips, also recommend the Hoover Dam tour, did it last year and it was simply amazing.
digggerr
Posted: Friday, February 28, 2014 8:52:36 PM

The only thing I would add to what todd s has stated is; secure your cash and cards!

craneman wrote:
I plan on taking the free shuttle from the hotel, is that a good thing or is it just a ruse?

The shuttle bus is fine and you've already paid for it. Just apply the same strategy previously stated about the monorail. Depending on where you are staying and what route the bus takes, you might witness some impressive driving snaking through the alleys and underneath the buildings during your ride.

john suckoe wrote:
Have fun see Gold N Sliver Pawn Call me 732-690-8577 lots to see and do.

The "lots to see and do" does not refer to the Gold N Silver Pawn!
craneman
Posted: Saturday, March 01, 2014 1:03:48 AM

john suckoe wrote:
Have fun see Gold N Sliver Pawn Call me 732-690-8577 lots to see and do .

Got u plugged into my phone will call.....
kcmtoys
Posted: Saturday, March 01, 2014 1:30:08 PM

I was just there. You can get a Metra Bus pass that is good for 24 Hours for $8.00. There is a local bus and an express bus that goes up and down the strip past the Convention Center. All the bus stops have the schedule posted. The Gold & Silver Pawn Shop was great, but no construction toys, they said they sell pretty fast when they come in. Be Careful in the neighborhoods between the strip and Freemont Street, take a cab, bus, or tour bus (Not much parking available). See the Mob Museum near Freemont Street. If you are interested in a City, Hoover Dam, Off Road Desert, or Grand Canyon Tour, I recommend the Pink Jeep tours. Dodge 1 ton all wheel drive tour buses. The Stratosphere tower is something, with bungee jumping, and rides off the top of the 108 story tower. Temperature was in the mid 70's (better than zero here in IL) and I did not need a jacket at night. Con Expo yard was full, you will see a lot of great stuff there outside. I watched a lot of lowboys delivering equipment, most were day cabs with Cozad Trailers. They were all nice and clean and polished (Ah, no salt, ice, or snow here!!!).

Whistle Ken